The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Are you saying that little circle at the tail of Meteor is Holy?
is it just a random perfectly circular bit that fell off meteor/random materia that is in the logo, then?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I never noticed. Srsly, that looks like Meteor debris to me.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I never noticed. Srsly, that looks like Meteor debris to me.
I could understand this if there was tons of random debris falling off of it, but that's the only bit and it's totally circular. That'd be a weirdass bit of meteor there :\

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
...But it's perfectly circular and floating just off of the meteor's tail D:

edit; beaten to it

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hrm...I don't know. I see what you're saying about perfect circle. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like a bit of a stretch. Eh, idk. Am I alone on this?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Then it would make more sense to meteor it to be the black materia since it's meteor crashing down.

Also even BETTER pic:
http://richsc.deviantart.com/art/FF7-Logo-Revisited-Dev-Kit-10612827

Hrm...I don't know. I see what you're saying about perfect circle. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like a bit of a stretch. Eh, idk. Am I alone on this?
No you're not, I don't think it's holy. It could be just plain materia actually. I really don't think the person who made the logo thought about it that much.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
it may seem like a stretch, but i totally think fang and vanille are in the logo of FFXIII

SUCH A STRETCH

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Also use a better pic
i googled and lined first images that came up, i figured anyone with two hands and half a brain could dig further if they wanted :monster:

and even if it is holy in the logo, that doesn't mean Cloud has holy in Dissidia
you are awfully defensive against it being holy, despite the fact that it would make the most sense.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
you are awfully defensive against it being holy, despite the fact that it would make the most sense.
And you're awfully offensive of it being holy despite the fact that it's not :monster:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Then it would make more sense to meteor it to be the black materia since it's meteor crashing down

How would that make more sense than the two opposing forces of ff7 in the logo?

And that was the most iconic scene in the game when holy clashed with meteor. Winter was kidding but she actually makes a good point - the FFXIII logo also has the iconic ending scene in its logo. What makes you think it's not possible they did that here?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Now that I see it, it looks deliberate.
i feel it could either be the black materia or holy. I just know there is some important materia there.
That's how I feel about it.

If they were truly smart about it, there would be no clear answer. It either represents death with the black materia and meteor, or life with Holy+lifestream attacking meteor.

The nerd in me is absolutely in love with that.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Then it would make more sense to meteor it to be the black materia since it's meteor crashing down.

Hrm. Black materia would make more sense. I wouldn't say generic materia bc what would be the point. It would be either Black materia, holy, or random circle of debris.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
And you're awfully offensive of it being holy despite the fact that it's not
my reasoning:

- aeris' flowers + materia = oh, connection, could be holy
- looks just like aeris' materia
- in the logo
- most iconic bit of materia in the game
- saved EVERYONE

your reasoning:

IT'S NOT BECAUSE IT'S NOT

good game bro

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How would that make more sense than the two opposing forces of ff7 in the logo?
Because here's Meteor... and here's the materia that summoned it. Not, here's meteor, and here's the materia that's going to stop it... which is doing nothing right now.

your reasoning:

It's not stated to be such in the Ultimania
None of the other characters have a specific crystal like that, why would Cloud be the exception?
I'm not convinced that's holy in the logo. I could be the black materia
Materia is perfectly representational of the FFVII world by itself.

good game bro

so yeah try again.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Holy didn't stop meteor. Just sayin

No, but holy is the opposite of meteor, good and evil, light and dark, i mean nomura's lovechild is kingdom hearts, you know he loves this shit

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You hate monopoly too?

Monopoly sends me into a fiery rage.
Actually.

I love Monopoly.

But I'm sure the dice in that game is rigged since it gave the exact same results like three times in a row.

And the good rolls were never mine :sadpanda:

.....DID NOBODY THINK THAT BUT ME

no seriously really

it look distinctly separate from the meteor crashing down
is it lame that i knew exactly what you meant without looking at the image?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Holy didn't stop meteor. Just sayin.

But Holy was a huge plot device. In fact, holy was the big question mark hanging above everyone's head at the end before we had the sequels. Did holy make everyone in the world vanish, or were there still people.

Holy is one of the many things that symbolize the planet and/or Aerith. Who both defeated Meteor. It was also seen as in direct opposition to the black materia/Sephiroth.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Holy didn't stop meteor. Just sayin.

Lol .. hey look what I do here

The lifestream stopped Meteor... and materia comes from the lifestream. Now prove me wrong. See what I did thar? :monster:

But Holy was a huge plot device.
And the lifestream wasn't?

Here's the bottom line? Does anyone have any EVIDENCE that the materia is holy that isn't just pure speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom