The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Lex

Administrator
One of you bitches that isn't Avec or Marcus get your ass online, I need a third signature to found our company.

Also, founding a company costs 15,000 Gil. I have exactly 15,371 Gil and it's taken me a week and a half to accrue that much, so if you could maybe send me like 500/1000 Gil at a moogle mail point when you get a chance it'd be much appreciated :D. This way you guys barely notice a dent and I'm still covering most of it, which I don't mind.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
They wouldn't let me on at noon, I guess that's when everybody gets home

Going to eat breakfast soon, but I'll have my guy stand around online starting now until the game kicks him off.

Lex

Administrator
When you can't sign in just try again and again, you'll get on eventually. I've sent you a friend request Monk :D.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've accepted the friend requests, now I'm getting a TLS company invite but have no idea how to do that because my free company is greyed out. Where do I go to activate it? Also, it has a 70-second countdown timer. D;

EDIT: Oh I have to be lvl 25. I'm still 9.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
That's not right. You have to be level 25 to found a free company, but you can be a member at a lower level. I know this because we have a member at level 14 :desu:

You should be able to accept the invitation now. It could be that you're not allowed to accept it until you've unlocked airships and stuff though.

Lex

Administrator
Is that American time? I've just logged out and will probably be sleeping during that time anyway :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So has anyone tried their hands at crafting? I powered through the first 13 levels or so of leatherworker on the day when none of the instances were working back during early access. And while I'm not itching to do more necessarily, I'm kinda puzzled how I'm even supposed to continue reasonably.

If you haven't done it, you get an equivalent of the Hunting Log, and the first time you craft a thing on the list, you get an XP bonus, so you just climb your way up the list. The problem is, but the 4th level of the log (items leveled 16-20) start requiring some fairly rare items that, as far as I know, only come from other crafting disciplines. In my case, it's things like Undyed Cotton Cloth or Iron Ingots. Now these things are pretty darn expensive on the Market Boards, and doesn't seem like a terribly efficient way to do things. So what are you supposed to do?
Just get a bunch of friends that are other crafters? Or do you have to do a bunch of crafting classes yourself, which would suck?

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I started leveling fisherman and culinarian, but am only to about level 10 so far. So, I haven't seen what kind of ingredients I am going to need from other crafting classes. I think you are right that, if you don't want to spend a bunch of money, you would have to either share stuff with friends or level the other crafts yourself. However, it makes sense to take a crafting class and a gathering class that compliment each other so that you can supply at least some of your own stuff. So, I am stopping at times while leveling to fish in streams and stuff I come across so that I can use those fish when I get back to town for cooking. You could do the same with like mining and goldsmith or whatever.

Lex

Administrator
RinhaezaViera29_08_201308_24_50_zps1ca7b1b0.png~original

[/img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g40/phoenixheaven/RinhaezaViera29_08_201308_33_08_zpsf36cd38f.png~original[/img]

Also, Screenshots have started working on the PS3 (on mine at least, there's a bug in the PS3 version where it doesn't take screenshots at certain points). If you want to take a screenshot on the PS3, you can use the Print Screen button on a USB keyboard, or Press L1+Start. You can also press L1+Select to remove the GUI.

So it turns out SE changed the requirements of the dragoon class from Lancer Lv.30 and Pugilist Lv.15 to Lancer Lv.30 and MARAUDER Lv.15, which is what it used to be when jobs were first introduced. Having already levelled a Pugilist, I was pretty pissed :D. But it didn't take too long to level a Marauder to 15. I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE MY DRAGOOON AAAAAAAAAA!

Anyway, have some moar random screenshots I took while playing today:

RinhaezaViera28_08_201319_15_21_zpsbc730d99.png~original
RinhaezaViera29_08_201300_00_02_zps36e017f0.png~original

RinhaezaViera29_08_201308_33_24_zps0584727a.png~original
RinhaezaViera29_08_201308_33_36_zps63dbd044.png~original

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I wondered if they were going to let PS3 do screenshots.

This game makes my day every day I swear

tumblr_miw9czfRhd1s306ffo1_400.gif

Lex

Administrator
Did I mention that when you get into a battle in Coerthas it plays a DOOM ORGAN VERSION OF THE BATTLE THEME

This game really has surpassed all of my expectations.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I'm starting to see Coeurl mounts popping up everywhere now, it's pretty awesome.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Is there a way to lock onto enemies quicker and easier? I say this because it's hard to participate in Fates if I have to scroll through billions of players just to get to the enemies, and by then they're dead while I've contributed nothing.

AvecAloes

Donator
Are you on PC or PS3? For the PC, if you hit "tab", it will target the next closest enemy. Dunno about PS3 though.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Okay this should be delivered to me sometime this week. Got it for PS3 because I will most likely get a lot more graphical satisfaction out of than on my laptop. Cerberus is the server, aye?

Somebody ought to put a post up (update the front page/create a new thread) with all the information one needs to add the TLS people and start playing and together. I am excite :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Doctor Gravity said:
Somebody ought to put a post up (update the front page/create a new thread) with all the information one needs to add the TLS people and start playing and together. I am excite

That's a great idea, actually.

Lex

Administrator
Does someone want to create a new thread then/ will I? The OP in this thread is likely never going to be updated, the poster hasn't actually posted since February and has only done so twice this year.

Either that or we have a mod wedge a new first post in. I was going to write a mid-week front page article inviting people to join us. We could have screenshots and stuff if we all get together in-game <3.

Lex

Administrator
OK, as silly as this is going to sound, I think we need to discuss the rank situation.

We have Kalm Traveller (me), because I couldn't think of another name :D.
SOLDIER 1st
SOLDIER 2nd

Now, some people have obviously contributed some Gil and signed the petition to found the company. Ideally I want those people to be SOLDIER 1st. Then, trusted people (from our respective boards) should be SOLDIER 2nd - they'll have mod powers too, but less random permissions (i.e. promoting/ demoting other members). I can create a new class called SOLDIER 3rd which will probably consist of our newest members.

Thoughts? Does that seem fair or does it sound like I'm being a dick? I just obviously want the people who contributed to be recognised.

To that end, I don't want it to seem like I'm extorting people so I'll lay this out right now:

Marcus: SOLDIER 1st
Avec: SOLDIER 1st
Force: SOLDIER 1st
Knuxson: SOLDIER 1st

The above contributed a random amount of Gil each that now totals 6,000. To that end, I think it's fair to make two more slots available at 750 Gil each then close off SOLDIER 1st until we decide to change it again in the future. SOLDIER 2nd will still be trusted people/ people we know or get to know through the game, while 3rd is for new recruits.

If it gets to a point where we're bursting with people, it might be necessary to create yet another class.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Are you on PC or PS3? For the PC, if you hit "tab", it will target the next closest enemy. Dunno about PS3 though.

I looked into the character configuration settings, and I disabled the non-party PCs and Party Members under target cycling (in the filters tab). That should do it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd be willing to donate 750 gil to be 1st Class.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I think that sounds reasonable, Lex. Also, I really love the soldier ranks as our free company ranks! If you really wanted to carry the soldier theme, you could call your rank "SOLDIER Director" or just "Director." Although, I like Kalm Traveler too for its quirkiness.

Oh, and GRATS on getting Dragoon, btw. I am right on your heels with getting to Paladin. Only 14 more Gladiator levels and 12 more Conjurer levels. :P But, in my defense, I did level pugilist to 15 before I started gladiator. Seriously though, this game is awesome. It has been a few years since I have really enjoyed playing an MMO this much. I smile every time I go to the inn to log out and my character gets in bed while it plays that dulled, sleepy time, victory fanfare. I think to myself: "that was really fun; until next time!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom