The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I have to work late tonight. I probably won't leave until 10:00 pm, and I got to work at 8:30 am. Damn you real life! Don't you know I have cactuars to kill! :aah:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Has the soundtrack been released? What ive heard has been really nice.

Im kinda curious about this game. Im tempted to get it, but I know it will consume my life.

Does it have a standalone story that you can complete on your own. Im a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming

Lex

Administrator
It's mainly solo tbh, however you will have to party up for dungeons (there's a duty finder to randomly pair you with the appropriate classes). It's a lot of fun, I was surprised by how enjoyable the party battles were.

Lex

Administrator
I just did a FATE called "It's not Lupus" that I've done before - I was invited to a 7 member party and filled the last slot with my chocobo Odin who's a tank (he distracts the enemies while I dragoon jump them and debuff them with my awesome cross-class marauder and pugilist skills).

There's a 30 minute timer, it's on the beach and the boss is an enormous crab named Cancer. Oh, and this awesome boss theme plays while you're doing it:

Anyway, I earned an achievement called "Full Remission" for earning the highest possible rating during the battle. That's an example of the quirky writing that's in this game as well as how awesome a random event can be.

So far it's just getting better and better.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm hearing that early access people somehow register their character and get Gilgamesh as an avatar in character creation. True? And how?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I just got this for PS3 and it's installing right now. I'm pretty damn psyched to start so now it's time to look at classes/jobs/races to get some idea of what I want to create.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Tried to log in, and it keeps asking me to signup again. I tried and it says the account is not there.

I check all the forums, and from what I can tell, I have to wait for my retail box to get to my house (between Sept 7-9) for me to enter the product key that comes with it. I had only entered the early access code and they haven't sent me any extra codes.

I might as well ask too: I only paid $40 total for the game. Does that include at least a 30-day subscription, are they giving me a free 30 day trial, or will I have to pay something up front? Because Square has not asked me for any of that yet and I'm feeling nervous.

Hope none of this erases my dude. :\

Wait I think I'm finding more answers: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64970-30-Day?p=1038893

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I believe you get 30 days free with the box, but then I bought it here in the EU.

On another note, LONG PATCH AHOY!

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Tried to log in, and it keeps asking me to signup again. I tried and it says the account is not there.

I check all the forums, and from what I can tell, I have to wait for my retail box to get to my house (between Sept 7-9) for me to enter the product key that comes with it. I had only entered the early access code and they haven't sent me any extra codes.

I might as well ask too: I only paid $40 total for the game. Does that include at least a 30-day subscription, are they giving me a free 30 day trial, or will I have to pay something up front? Because Square has not asked me for any of that yet and I'm feeling nervous.

Hope none of this erases my dude. :\

Wait I think I'm finding more answers: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64970-30-Day?p=1038893

Yeah, since early access is over, you have to register your retail key to play. But, as long as you register it with the same account, your character will still be there. And you do get 30 free days as well. September 7-9, though? Man, you have to wait awhile to get it. That's why I did the digital download option on Amazon. :neo: But I am playing on PC, if you are on PS3 is there any way to download, or do you have to buy a disc?

Oh, and I tanked my first dungeon last night. It went pretty well. The only issues I had was exploring the right rotations and everything to keep aggro versus 1 and multiple enemies. And, since it was a PUG, the two mages we had kept blasting stuff right away and pulling aggro. But it was still fun and I got a shiny new chest armor. :)

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Oh, and I tanked my first dungeon last night. It went pretty well. The only issues I had was exploring the right rotations and everything to keep aggro versus 1 and multiple enemies. And, since it was a PUG, the two mages we had kept blasting stuff right away and pulling aggro. But it was still fun and I got a shiny new chest armor. :)

In a pub match, you always fight two battles

one against the enemies you're drawing aggro from
one against your party members that keep drawing more aggro than you
:awesome:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Hey Lex, is there any way to add notes to individual members in the free company screen? If there is, I was thinking we could add a note to people who are on this site showing what their forum name is so it is easier to keep track of who is who, especially if we get more people in the free company from this site. Of course, that is as long as that individual is okay with letting everyone in the free company know. I know other MMOs have this feature, but I am not sure if you can do it in this game or not.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Double: So errr slight problem. Cerberus is now longer accepting new characters as it's full for now.

AvecAloes

Donator
Ummm...so I went to log in today, and it took me to the screen asking for the Registration Code...that I already entered...since I've already been playing >.< It won't accept the old code, because it's already been redeemed, so wat do?

Edit: Wait, so I need a separate code? I did the digital dl from Amazon...where do I find the new code?

EDIT EDIT: I think I found it.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
For the people having problems now that early access is over, my game came with two codes. One was the CE code for all my goodies (Coeurl mount, Behemoth Armour, WoL helm etc) and the other is a Square Enix product registration code.

I play on PS3, but I logged in to the SE site on my comp and put the code in there, which gives you your 30 days.

@Knuxson, I'm really not sure about adding member names to character names, though I'd appreciate that feature aswell. I'll check as soon as I log in.

@Joe, that sucks :/. They're going to open it again soon I think though.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Ummm...so I went to log in today, and it took me to the screen asking for the Registration Code...that I already entered...since I've already been playing >.< It won't accept the old code, because it's already been redeemed, so wat do?

Edit: Wait, so I need a separate code? I did the digital dl from Amazon...where do I find the new code?

EDIT EDIT: I think I found it.

The first code you entered was probably the early access code. If you go to your digital game downloads section on Amazon, it should show you your registration code. You have to enter that in on the SE site, and it will then allow you to play/apply your 30 days.

Lex

Administrator
Right so I just did another random sidequest - I was sent to kill 4 salamanders to collect their oil for unknown purposes. The first two I had to pour on "Godbert" who was standing almost nude in the spring. He then requested that I rub the remaining two bottles in, after which he indicated he'd retire to his room for some wine, then come out for another dip.

During a different quest, I was required to wake him up with freezing lake water from a bucket and:

null_zpsc3904d88.jpg

can't stop laughing

EDIT: Oh also, Titan was very very difficult, it took 4 attempts. The people in my party had done it before aswell :D.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Are we missing any classes around here? I will be getting it next week, I'm wondering if I should start over with another gladiator or go for a different one (if I'm on Cerberus then I'll have to make another character anyway).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm playing Arcanist, aiming for Summoner. Idk if anybody else is on that already. I'm playing as the tiny race. XD

Depending on how long it takes to get into Cerberus again I may use a different character there or import the same one.

Top Bottom