The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Lex

Administrator
Yeah I was gonna pop in here and say about character creation being up on cerberus again, woop. My friend managed to get on last night, that's how I found out. Glad you've been added to the FC :D.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Has anyone watched the movie that plays if you sit at the title screen for a few minutes? It is different from the opening movie (although it has similar scenes) and it shows a bit more of the story. It also has some cool action scenes.

Shit's way better than the actual opening imo. You get Answers by Susan Calloway, and awesome music that isn't ruined by some goofy-ass voice-over :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Trying to get in today, but it seems everyone had the same idea as I about spending the holiday playing.

Ugt5tL4.gif

Lex

Administrator
I was playing earlier, there's a holiday today? Is it a British bank holiday or something? I'm forcing myself to take a bit of a break from it tonight anyway. You murcans should be fine to get in around dinner time when the Brits generally go to bed :P

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
It's labor day today for U.S. and Canadians. :P

I was playing, but then I got a c++ runtime error crash...First time that has happened. Now I can't get back in. *shakes fist at the air*

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
This may sound bitchy on my part, but I'm not sure how much more I can take with the server problems. Obviously there ARE bound to be problems, yet I didn't expect them to be in this size. The last time I tried to get on was on Saturday and it just wasn't having it. Going to try again maybe later, I'm really ploughing through the story now.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
So the NA and EU servers can once again go fuck themselves :(

on the plus Side defeated Titan this morning as well as The Sunken Temple of Qoan.

I'm well on my way to becoming a level 40 dragoon and should be level 50 this weekend (If servers are working).

Haven't progressed the main story much since Titan though, been concentrating on Fate Farming in parties of 8 (Our FC should focus on this especially those of us in the mid 30s early 40s) and ranking up in my Grand Company!

I just want the servers up so I can play it some more!

Lex

Administrator
Have you been fate farming in Coerthas? That and Mor Dhona are the best places to do it. I've been in a few 8 parties, fought Behemoth the other day. Svata's good aswell, it's a 3-chain FATE and you get over 20k EXP for the third one.

The quickest way to get to 50 is to progress with the main story, it gives you quests that'll give you more EXP than FATE's. FATE farming is better for a secondary character tbh, it's not as fast.

Also, I'm not sure why you're in such a rush to get there, because when you do there'll be like no point in playing as a dragoon anymore. You don't get any EXP.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I played pretty much all day yesterday, but I think I only got about 4 level ups with my main class. There is just so much to do in this game that I get sidetracked. I spent a few hours doing crafting leves and grand company leves (so I could get my chocobo!).

I also ran two of the beginning dungeons as a pugilist because I wanted to see what it was like to DPS them as I tanked all the dungeons I have done so far. It was pretty fun, but then I tanked Halatali and realized that I find tanking more rewarding. Although, in one of the dungeons I DPSed, we had a marauder tank...man, I wish gladiators had something like overpower. Overpower hits all enemies in a cone and increases enmity. It seems so much easier for marauders to hold multiple enemies with that attack than it is for gladiators to hold them with flash, especially since you don't really want to spam flash because it messes up the blind effect by making the enemies immune.

I am finding success by flashing and then working in a savage blade on each enemy, but it sure would be a lot easier if I could just wail on all of them like a marauder can. Maybe it will get better when I get my third combo attack, so that I can get two enmity increasing attacks in one after the other, instead of having to use fast blade between each one. For anyone playing a higher level gladiator, what do you usually do?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The package arrived today!

nlOb2VO.jpg

I'm off to enter codes /o/

Lex

Administrator
Welcome! I'm Rinh'aeza Viera in-game, it'd be good to get more people from the game in here :P

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
joined up last night and chatted with some great folks! Thanks for the invite!

My god that case is beautiful!

I haven't been on tonight shockingly been too busy working xD

anyway I'm currently Fate Farming to level 50 before ploughing through the rest of the game, I've seen Behemoth Fates and Odin fates on Youtube and really want to get up to this point.

lastly: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/square-enix-announces-final-fantasy-xiv-compensation

Only 7 days? I suppose it isn't too bad but if the issues persist they'll have to do more to make me want to play this game each month.

Lex

Administrator
Marcus, why are you wasting the story EXP, this makes no sense. No sense does it make.

Anyway yeah me and Force fought Odin the other day... died numerous times :D. I have some screenshots, I should share :D.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Marcus, why are you wasting the story EXP, this makes no sense. No sense does it make.

Anyway yeah me and Force fought Odin the other day... died numerous times :D. I have some screenshots, I should share :D.

It's roughly the same amount of exp for the point I'm up to right now so it makes no difference, if I was getting 12,000 exp for story quests then fair enough. Odin will require a party of 8 level 50s he doesn't look that bad until the last 10% is left and he readies Zantetsuken which is an instant KO.

the one I watched had a full party of 50s but other people began running away at 10% HP so they all got wiped out!

Lex

Administrator
He is that bad. He has massive AoE insta kill moves throughout the fight.

I don't really know what you mean about the EXP marcus. The story and side quests level you up as needed until you hit the early 40's, there is no point to grinding fates while you're doing the main story until you're at the part of the main story I'm at (Garuda). Seriously, if you get to level 50 you've still got a ways to go with the story and it's a massive waste of EXP. Like, huge.

The story quests right now give about 15,000 EXP. You're just too levelled for the story quests you're at because you haven't progressed, which is what you need to do.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
-Entered codes
-Wait 160 minutes to download the game again (then find out I didn't have to)
-Square Enix gives me a password scare and forces me to change it (it was a clever attempt to try to buy one of their passkey thingies)
-Wait 30 minutes to install game
-Wait another 160 minutes to install client

Cannot play because game is going through maintenance

:monster:

Good news is that I was able to recover my character data.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I hope by the end of the week (when I have a fair bit more time to play) all these issues have washed away and everybody's able to happily access the serves and stuff. It bothers me that I've had the game for about a week and I've only managed to log about 5-6 hours play time. I've been busy lately but if the servers had been fully functional and all I would have easily been able to go 30+. I don't like buying games and then being told NO whenever I try to play them. >_>

Top Bottom