The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Lex

Administrator
I actually started writing a post about it because the Hildibrand questline is the funniest thing in this game bar nothing. I even took a screenshot. The he-of-strong-yet-tender fingers guy makes a comeback in the quests leading up to the Gilgamesh fight :D

EDIT: Oh I beat Ramuh last night, that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
GUYS FREE LOGIN WEEKEND THIS WEEKEND ITS YOUR CHANCE TO CHECK THE GAME OUT AGAIN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A SUBSCRIPTION

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I promise I will walk away from the market board and raid with you guys ^^;

I made a food/potion set that I want to try out during boss fights. It should work nicely :monster: #go go alchemy

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
According to everyone else, with each new update the game HAS been harder and more challenging. I'm ashamed to say I've been incredibly busy with a lot of stuff lately to jump back in. However, with only six days left on my current sub, I may just have to do it.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't say it's become harder and more challenging? I suppose from a certain perspective maybe it has, but the updates obviously add end-game content which requires the learning curve of level 0-50 to get to, so it doesn't feel any more difficult than it was when I began.

Plus when you go into something now almost the entire population of the game knows how to do it, but maybe 75% of the time there'll be someone new attempting it for the first time. So there's a good balance between people who know what to do but it's not so elitist that they're dicks if you don't. If you go into anything in the duty finder you expect first timers. And now if people don't want to be saddled with inexperienced people, they can use the party finder.

And I like it that way tbh. While discovering new mechanics is great, I'll never forget the trouble with Garuda I had the first time through. Somewhere close to 100 attempts for what is actually a very easy fight, just with specific mechanics. I was kind of an expert on the fight by my 5th go of the first 60 minute attempt but because I was among the first big set of players to do it, I kept getting landed with people who were just discovering the mechanics and couldn't handle it.

Now when I get even Hard Mode in the roulette I clear it first time. I even cleared Ramuh first time :/

Obviously the extreme primals are an example of a challenge that's completely optional. I'm still trying to clear titan extreme for example (the problem of inexperienced people jumping in even with the party finder is holding me back and there are balance issues because later extreme primals are easier to clear but I digress).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
family-guy-good-good-o.gif

Good, good.

Lex

Administrator
Didn't I post about this yesterday? I'm sure I did. Must have been in the free company thread.

Anyway yeah get in bitches.

AvecAloes

Donator
Well, Force is at work........the only excuse I have is art.....but.......lemme see about this whole logging in thing :P

EDIT: what the hell I walk away from my computer and the dl stopped? Guuuufffffff. Gimme "approximately 26 minutes", and I'll be on.

Wait why does the estimated time keep going up stop that stop that stop that

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I wish I had more time to prep for this (I'll be on later through the night with you guys)

I'll also craft a bunch of entry-level gear through the weekend for the market $$$$

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Let's just hope Destiny doesn't suck all of our time now. :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
First time loading from Mor Dhona

It has the best wallpaper

OqngcGD.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I beat Titan Extreme. And turn 5 of coil. You may all bow down before me.

No seriously though I just about knocked everything over when I beat titan. I was on Skype with Carlie, I've been trying to do it for 2 months and boom, finally got a group together good enough to do it.

Celebratory music

Lex

Administrator
Got a level 95 weapon from Coil for my Marauder (and I've got all the level 90 myth gear for him too, I just need to get him from 30 to 50 to equip it all XD - I also have all the level 90 gear for a white mage which I'm also levelling) but I didn't get a drop from Titan. What I got is access to Ifrit extreme, which I haven't tried yet but know is much easier.

In addition, I've cleared Thormarch Extreme and Leviathan Extreme. All I've got left is Ifrit, Ramuh, and coil 6-9. I'm going to advertise for a static group soon. I have a static group for coil on weekends but they haven't passed T5 yet and I don't know why, because they're as good as the team I farmed it with. Passed it first time in the duty finder team and then killed it again 3 times with no deaths. Glorious.

Listen, I don't know why more of you aren't playing this game. I respect the choice not to, but the additional content and features in the patches have made it such a pleasure to play. I have to say I've now encountered my fair share of cunts on the server (I wear a tank ring and sometimes people shout at me for not wearing another one) even to the point of considering moving servers because of the additional factor of all the french people that stops you from joining certain parties because you don't understand french, but I can safely say I've mastered my class. iLvl 100 and still climbing, and my MRD and WHM will be up there soon too, then I'm focussing on crafting.

There is so much to do, and it's great to meet new people. But the experience would just be enriched if you guys could pop in a bit more and we could all do dungeons together <3. We could have our own coil static once or twice a week and train the hard places together without fear of assholes. That's why I'm doing them in part, it's so that I can learn them then build the FC up with more cool people and train us all on coil.

LEET EPEEN

Top Bottom