The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
The last day I have my subscription is tomorrow, so looks like I'm booting myself from the list.

Now I would re subscribe, but ... I really should get to making that thread.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll swap your priority with Avec who was next to opt in. Nothing is set in stone anyhow and I hope you resub soon! ^_^

Edit: new page for visibility.

Tank: Flare
Tank: Obs
Healer: Flint
Healer: Joe
Dps: Force
Dps: Avec
Dps: Carlie
Dps: JT

Flexible: Joe (All), Flint (Heal/DPS), Obs
Reserve (:P) : Sic, Lex, Jecht

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
God damn I did so good at avoiding spoilers until today. I won't say what the spoiler was, of course, but I went to a parody vid but before I watched it I checked for a spoiler tag. Nothing on there. No spoiler tag. But I didn't trust. So in a moment of profound stupidity I thought I'd check the comments to see if anybody warned about spoilers.

Then I saw some asshole going "For those who didn't know about
... LMAO"

First off the creator is a dick. Second the commentor is a dick. Third, the game has only been officially up for 2 days and early access for less than a week. FFS this is ridiculous. I normally don't care about spoilers but this was a big one and fuck. It wasn't said explicitly but knowing this game it's basically confirmed.

Lex

Administrator
I'll swap your priority with Avec who was next to opt in. Nothing is set in stone anyhow and I hope you resub soon! ^_^

Edit: new page for visibility.

Tank: Flare
Tank: Obs
Healer: Flint
Healer: Joe
Dps: Force
Dps: Avec
Dps: Carlie
Dps: JT

Flexible: Joe (All), Flint (Heal/DPS), Obs
Reserve (:P) : Sic, Lex, Jecht

howling

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I volunteer as tribute!.....Oh wait I'm already on the list.

So tomorrow I can do it after I get home from work after 5PM EST. So Saturday I work till 2PM and sorta free except for a football game that I can skip if everyone is available then. As of right now I'm free all day Sunday.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Saturday's are pretty free for me. Leave me as tank unless someone else really want's to do it. Trials are my favorite things to tank as it is.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Saturday's are pretty free for me. Leave me as tank unless someone else really want's to do it. Trials are my favorite things to tank as it is.

Plus tanks get to ignore a ton of mechanics? :P
No. It's more that bosses are very predictable which is what I'm good with working with, whereas mobs are very chaotic so I can't exactly plan for them. Also there's a tone of mechanics in Raids that only the tanks have to deal with...

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Saturday seems like it works in general for most people. We'll see if we can all get together this Saturday evening and can try next Saturday too. ^_^

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I created a separate preparation thread which can be found here with all the MTQ video guides as well as some of the guidelines you outlined about the raid:

TLS Vs Binding Coil Preparation

As I mentioned I'll have been at a Ren Faire most of the day so if for some reason I'm not there when you all start, go on without me. I've cleared BCOB (Except Turn 4 weirdly) and maybe I can sub in if you get to Second Coil. I especially want a proper crack at Turn 9.

Either way, best of luck to the group that goes in. If I'm part of it, I definitely want to Twitch it but if not somebody should record / broadcast it. A Full TLS party tackling BCOB? That's noteworthy. I know a few others here use Twitch (Lex in particular).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I have the highest possible gear at the minute, i320 weapon, i320 earrings, neckband, wrists and one ring, i310 other ring, and i310 left side gear. There's no way to get anything higher currently.

Now to level something else, but idk what to level ;-;

If only the game allowed you to pay per week, you could retire until the next content patch :monster:

yeah IDK why you powered through all of it so fast, :monster:.

anyway use your Powers of Patience to grind idk, weapons or armor or fishes or whatever and make us the monies for moving house. Then make us some more monies for my personal enjoyment. I'd like to splurge on stupid shit sometimes :monster:

Lex

Administrator
The Stormblood music is exceptional, don't you all think? There are two tracks in particular - the dungeon boss theme and another one I won't spoil XD.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It is good. The settlement song in Ruby Sea really reminds me of Beautiful Boy by John Lennon when it starts, haha. And I like the version of On Westerly Winds for the Sirensong Sea :)

(but seriously, do you think we'll ever get new dialogue scene tracks? The same happy theme, suspicious theme, silly theme, etc. for so many hours of story...)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Honestly some of the themes (when I have the music on, which I try to at least) really annoy me, areas often have half a dozen variations of the same theme / melody and it's far too familiar yet annoying / corny to ignore. HECK.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
The Stormblood music is exceptional, don't you all think? There are two tracks in particular - the dungeon boss theme and another one I won't spoil XD.

Go to the FC house. Left a surprise for you there :)

That's my favourite area theme!!! <3

But that's actually not the one I was talking about :D. Oh this is so peaceful tho <3

I'm guessing it's the
Azim Steppe theme? That area is so amazing. I think either that or The Fringes have the best area theme so far (I've not gotten to the Lochs yet though)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lu7ehrrtpe5z.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6j2j0b/on_legati_and_their_plans_major_spoilers_not_just/

VIth Legatus Regula van Hydrus's plan was to harness the power of the Warring Triad for the Empire

Kefka harnessed the power of the Warring Triad

VIIth Legatus Nael/Eula van Darnus's plan was to summon Meteor to destroy Eorzea.

Sephiroth's plan was to harness the power of the Black Materia, Meteor.

XIIth Legatus Zenos yae Galvus fused himself with Shinryu, one of the closest things we've seen to a god to this date.

Vayne fused himself to a god.

Gaius van Baelsar gets a pass because he's following the plot of XIV.

Should give hints for future plots too :monster:

like the XVth Legatus needing almost a decade to figure out wtf s/he wants :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
oooooooooooo this is gooooood so far

EDIT: That was amazing. YoshiP is so candid about the systemic problems withing Square-Enix, arrogance, pride etc. I'd recommend all FF fans watch it.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm down to roll with you guys in Coil as well. Done the first nine synced, and 13 synced. I'm familiar with the mechanics for all the fights, though I wouldn't say no to a refresher video :P Anyway, that's if you need anyone, anyway (which it doesn't look like you do tbh).

o also I've made my decision to transfer as well - prooooobably next weekend? maybe sooner idk

Top Bottom