The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Dawntrail - 7.00]

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Bunch of stuff got announced in the Live Letter. Better breakdown here.

Finally we got some more information on the first part of the 'Return to Ivalice' raid. We know it'll take place in Rabanastre. Supposedly it uses the story of FFT as a base with sprinklings of FFXII elements. Also Delita and Ramza can be seen on the patch cover art.

attachment.php

oa6op7hfyejz.png

Other highlights for me:
- Shirogane housing opens + all residential areas getting swimming enabled.
- Bards can now 'perform' different notes. Means you'll start hearing your favourite meme tunes in duties. Prepare to be rick rolled all over again.
- Some kind of post-savage Bahamut raid. Looks like you fight Twintania, Nael and Bahamut all at once.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Our FC treasure coffer currently stands at 30m gil. Still some 15m short of what we'd need to buy the house we want. I have about 21m on my character at the moment but I've already put in close to 10m and I'm hoping I won't have to contribute much more. :P

I hope "The Legend Returns" is partly an allusion to Yiazmat being one of the XII references in the new raids. Moreover, I'd better finish Tactics before they launch...

Lex

Administrator
We can count on another 5m from me - it would be much higher, but raiding is very very expensive (I spend about 500k+ every Tuesday for food and pots) - I barely make that back before I have to spend it again because I'm basically only logging in to cap tomes and raid.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I've made like zero gil since the 5.5mil I put in. Don't see that changing although I might be more active soon.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
@force I almost squealed out loud when I saw the art

Also, it looks like there's an update to Lost Canals that unlocks further exploration that enables bigger gambles (they mention doubling down)?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Logged back into this for the first time in about 3 months yesterday, immediately resumed bombarding Flint with questions and making a general nuisance of myself, so much has changed! :closedmonster:

...And apparently Flare's level 60 now...I am ever the late bloomer

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Fun stuff I've gotten up to over the summer...

Got my White Mage's Zodiac Zeta weapon! Currently working on the Warrior's (because their Anima weapon looks like crap). Halfway done with Light-grinding for my Dark Knight's Anima (please nerf this next patch, SE). Got my Machinest's anima weapon up to Sharpened, and my Bard's is halfway done with Umbrite grinding.

Got Red Mage, White Mage, Samurai, Monk and Bard up to Lvl 60. Got Machinest up to Lvl 70. I've found that I definitely prefer the DPS classes that run on long-term planning/timing oGCDs to proc-based classes. Apparently I'd rather know that I definitely won't have to deal with a set of oGCDs for the next 60 sec then have to push that one blinking button right this second. More flexibility for dealing with mechanics I guess? Classes that have a lot of room for min/maxing and optimization are nice too. And yes... funny how most of those classes are towards the bottom end of the DPS charts...

Unfortunately, my school schedule is crazy and the only time I can be on (at any decent ping/fps anyway) is when the server is practically deserted. So good-bye raiding. At least I have enough Tanks/Healer to make getting into roulettes easy...

Lex

Administrator
We should discuss plots etc. again, try to see if we can get the money up for that plot we want and come up with backups.

I know that players attempt to trade with you to block buying housing (people will get their whole FC to spam login and do this if the buyer isn't the first one on) so you need to set your in-game status to busy. A great deal also depends on being one of the first people to actually log in to the game after the patch - if it drops in early October this could be a bit of an issue for me since I work Monday to Friday but we'll see how it goes when the release date is announced.

Apparently we can give others the buy/sell land FC permission so we should be able to give that to a few trusted people and we can all try and log on when the time comes.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Good idea about giving some more people rights to buy so hopefully someone can get there fast enough. We should confirm which plots we like again so that everyone is on the same page. It looks like we need about 10m more gil to get a large plot.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Judging by the discussion on the Cerberus Discord where I'm an admin, plot 30 is going to be in massive demand.

All 12 wards are opening at the same time, and each ward has two subdivisions, so there are effectively 24 "plot 30s", though some of them are really plot 60s. Personally I'm not too fussed about which ward we end up in, though I'd rather get something in the 1-30 subdivision than the 31-60 subdivision.

Backup options: We have discussed plots 1 (medium) and 7 (large). A number of plots are also likely to open up in Mist – we could try for a large plot there if we can't get one in Shirogane. As long as we agree on the plan in advance and coordinate on voice chat at the time of launch, I'll be happy with whatever we end up with. And the more people we can trust to help us make the move, the better.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Question: can we buy a plot using money that is sitting in the FC bank, or does the person buying need to have the money personally on them?

Also, we will need to make sure everyone who is granted buying permissions knows to use the relocation feature and not just buy the plot outright. :P

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Apparently the person buying it has to withdraw the money. So that means we need to decide in advance who is doing it. That person should probably stake out ward 1 plot 30 while the other helpers rush to the other wards to see if anything is available, unlikely as it is.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
FYI, I invited a friend from work and his friend to the FC (names in-game are Teraptas Alastor and Jonno Ivuin). They contributed a few million more to the house fund, so that's nice.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
On the opposite end from Stormblood, I've been having a blast looking at 1.0 stuff. As far as lore stuff goes, it's a goldmine. And the character development of all the Eorzean leaders is great. It also makes it really apparent how far the Eorzean alliance has come politically as well as how devastating the Calamity really was. The Eorzean Alliance successfully kicking an incompetent Imperial Legion out of two regions is also pretty ironic given that Gaius all but asks you to do the same thing to the VIIth...

Random Stuff
Cutscene music hasn't changed since 1.0.

I am never complaining about the East Shroud Map again. Or any ARR map design for that matter.

Never basing myself in Gridania for RP reasons. Greewrath... *urk*

For a while, nobody knew that the Paragons and the Ascians were different terms for the same people. This leads to some ironic miscommunication. Same thing goes for every time the PC gets advice to learn more about the Echo.

Urianger... the thing you don't do when you meet people for the first time is summon up monsters for them to fight while mentioning verses of prophecies that most scholars think are still missing...

Cid looks way younger without the beard. Like, it's pretty much the main reason why he looks like an older man instead of the young one he really is. It'd be way more obvious that he and Nero are close in age if he lost it.

Nael and Zenos should compare notes on how play roles on a stage that no one else can to see. Although between Coil and the lore book, Nael has much more sympathetic reasons for going crazy then Zenos does.

Awww.... Look how innocent the CGI Midlander was when all this started!

The most complete set of 1.0 cutscenes I've found is this playlist. It starts in Ul'Dah so there's a nice amount of Minfillia backstory and you get to see how crazy the "normal" use of the Echo can get. It goes all the way through patch 1.23b. It also has all the 1.0 Hilldibrand cutscenes at the end!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Cutscene music hasn't changed since 1.0.

I mentioned this a few pages back, but it's really starting to get to me. I was really hoping Stormblood would change them up. I greatly enjoy the story in the game, but I'm getting really tired of the exact same Happy, Sad, Suspicious, Dangerous music for every. freaking. cutscene.

Top Bottom