The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ditto that. I mean, whenever there is someone new that doesn't know all the details I'll gladly explain it, but there's got to be a point in which it's time to just call it quits and move on. *sighs*

I don't know why I suddenly feel this way. But I think all this LTD debating is starting to ruin my enjoyment of the fandom. I decided this just today after I finished watching ACC. :)

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
(edit-missed Tenny's post)Oh, you bet they never will. Or at least, they'll never admit it. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised; they've(the rabid C/A fans) been completely missing the point for over a decade now.

Yeah, the old thrill is gone. The blatant lies and bad attitudes are rarely amusing to me now.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
To me, the pairings are so blatant that they shouldn't require a qualifier, as in "Aerith and Zack are together in the Lifestream if you interpret it that way." No. I think it's obvious enough, and enough of the fandom is in agreement that we should just be able to discuss it as accepted canon. If some small minority that likes to hide doesn't agree with accepted canon, then that's their prerogative, just like it's the prerogative for some people to believe men and dinosaurs once co-existed. We shouldn't have to entertain their belief in human/dinosaur interaction, we should just be able to shut them out and discuss reality amongst ourselves. /rant

Isabella

Your Mom
I don't hate Aerith at all. I just think she's in love with Zack and got confused by Cloud's similarities with him. Welcome, Kaine.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I love Aerith. She's an adorable character, imho. I just don't think she ends up with Cloud or ever had a relationship with him, that's all. :)

Ah alright i get your point, personal taste shouldn't matter that much though, it's how much evidence there is for either one pairing or another.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
@Isabella and Tennyo Same here. :monster:

I never was the type that had to hate one and love the other.

And hello, Kaine. :)

Last edited:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I get'cha. It's not like you're obligated to like every single character. Can you put your finger on some specific thing about her personality that puts you off?

no not really i can't, just something about her puts me off. I guess i'm just a different type of person than her, my profile says everything that needs to be said.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Except it doesn't. At all. It says nothing about this baseless and apparently unjustifiable hate you have for the woman. Hate's a strong word, skippy. You gotta be able to back it up if you wanna use it.

At least you recognize the irrelevancy of preference in such a discussion as this.

Zacreael

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I would say tifa... cause the only reason aerith is with cloud coz, cloud is somewhat similar to zack since he adapts some personality of zack.. so here's da TRUTH

Zack x Aerith

Cloud x Tifa

there!

EVERYONE is happy.. really

I know that Ryushikaze, but you read me wrong i have no hate for women just her and those like her but i do realize the irrelevance of personal taste in this conversation. What i meant by my profile is that it shows the kind of person i am and that i am different than her. I know exactly how strong of word it is as well. By the way love your sig about being right in the end and such. Skippy? i'm older than you.

Last edited:

paoo

♥
Hmm, the only thing that has been bothering me is;
Cait Sith: "Aerith's star and Cloud's star shows a great future!"

Are SE playing tricks first in the game, and then we'll have to see for ourselfs that Cloti is canon? I can fully understand people that falled for Clerith in the beginning. I did myself. But some people can't let go of the "past" and realize what's canon.. I think that's the problem. That's why there still is "rabid Clerith's" that is trying to come up with their own facts, or just hating Cloti. :monster:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

How can they possibly have a great future when things ended in a tragedy?

What the game does is sets up certain expectations. It's how any story with a plot twist works.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I know that Ryushikaze, but you read me wrong i have no hate for women just her and those like her but i do realize the irrelevance of personal taste in this conversation. What i meant by my profile is that it shows the kind of person i am and that i am different than her. I know exactly how strong of word it is as well. By the way love your sig about being right in the end and such. Skippy? i'm older than you.
Even though I have no idea what this argument is about, the idea that "I'm older than you, therefore I'm right!" means that a certain pinkie mod has got us all beat for canon logic. :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I would say tifa... cause the only reason aerith is with cloud coz, cloud is somewhat similar to zack since he adapts some personality of zack.. so here's da TRUTH

Zack x Aerith

Cloud x Tifa

there!

EVERYONE is happy.. really

Well, everyone of US is happy. Other people aren't. :awesome: I'm not, sort of...

BECAUSE IT'S ZACK x CLOUD AMIRITE :monster:

...but seriously, that's all there is to it.

Are SE playing tricks first in the game, and then we'll have to see for ourselfs that Cloti is canon? I can fully understand people that falled for Clerith in the beginning. I did myself. But some people can't let go of the "past" and realize what's canon.. I think that's the problem. That's why there still is "rabid Clerith's" that is trying to come up with their own facts, or just hating Cloti. :monster:

It's SE twisting things :awesome: Besides, we all know we can't rely all that much in Cait Sith's predictions. XDDDDD When I was playing FFVII for Clerith I was like "HELLZ YEAH! ...but wait, doesn't Aerith die later? Is it optional?" and when Aerith died, I pegged Cait Sith as a traitor even before I knew he actually was. HE LIED TO ME :rage:

Also, I completely understand their preference for the pairing. Sometimes I wish they just realize the canon and get it over with. There is nothing wrong with shipping fanon. They don't have to have a canon pairing to ship. Although I'm still against Aerith and Cloud romance because Zack doesn't deserve that :monster: ...oh, and Tifa (afterthought)

They have beautiful Clerith fanarts, BTW. 8DDDD

And of course, we all know FFVII had the whole slight CloudxAerith going on, but with CC, we can all see how the slight Clerith actually supports Zerith~ :lol:

...that said, I know I'm shipping a canon pairing. Clack. :awesomonster:

Even though I have no idea what this argument is about, the idea that "I'm older than you, therefore I'm right!" means that a certain pinkie mod has got us all beat for canon logic. :awesome:

What do you mean? :huh:

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
What do you mean? :huh:
Eh, the argument seemed to be (that I quoted) "I'm older than you, therefore, I am right." I have heard this argument used once before, but with someone from The Pink Side, who thought the Clotis were too childish to understand the troo luv between Cloud and Aerith.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I think the "I'm older than you" was aimed at Ryu calling that person "skippy", or something. :wacky:
Prolly. But it reminded me of a certain someone. Mmmm fond memories of times long past. :awesome:

It's SE twisting things Besides, we all know we can't rely all that much in Cait Sith's predictions. XDDDDD When I was playing FFVII for Clerith I was like "HELLZ YEAH! ...but wait, doesn't Aerith die later? Is it optional?" and when Aerith died, I pegged Cait Sith as a traitor even before I knew he actually was. HE LIED TO ME

Well. It was a love triangle. Of course there would be hints here and there pointing towards each of the opposite sides. But, there's going to be someone in the end. And for Cloud..it's Tifa.

It's doesn't matter that much how "it got there" but the thing is, the man's living with her and is building (or rather, has built) a family with her. And the old interest (if ever she was one) walks out with her old, first, same state of existence ex boyfriend.

...oh how i would love to cross out the "ex". :monster:

Anyway, go figure.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
It's SE twisting things :awesome: Besides, we all know we can't rely all that much in Cait Sith's predictions. XDDDDD When I was playing FFVII for Clerith I was like "HELLZ YEAH! ...but wait, doesn't Aerith die later? Is it optional?" and when Aerith died, I pegged Cait Sith as a traitor even before I knew he actually was. HE LIED TO ME :rage:
He didn't lie! Didn't you know that "great future" is code for "body impaled by really long sword"? Cait Sith is perfectly reliable. D:

...that's said, I know I'm shipping a canon pairing. Clack. :awesomonster:
QFT :awesomonster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom