Tifa's just sexier. :awesome:

In all honesty though, they both are very beautiful woman. ^_^

And Cloud still remains oblivious.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Just a guess on their part, Tenny.

And I still fail to see how Tifa's FF7 or CC attire is supposed to be 'slutty', but I'm from quite a warm climate.

And the original game wasn't up to the player. The first disc was deliberately ambiguous, but that was just so the second and third disc could play with your head before their big reveals.

A

Great Old One
No offense to those who think Tifa's outfit is 'slutty,' but there are other characters from the Final Fantasy games that where a lot more revealing outfits, and they're never called slutty. It's what, a white tank top and miniskirt? And her CC outfit was to impress Cloud, not because she wanted to throw on that cowboy outfit and impress all the guys in Nibelheim. And isn't Aeriths's dress unbuttoned half way? Nothing wrong with such gorgeous ladies wanting to show off.. :awesome:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Yeah, I'm not seeing the slutty either, Ryu. For one thing, Tifa's breasts may be larger, but she doesn't wear a top that has them pouring out. And she wears a mini-skirt, but you hardly see her butt peeking out the bottom either.

Blegh. Aerith shows plenty cleavage and wears an unbuttoned dress. -_- I don't think her clothes look slutty either, but you could certainly argue that if you can Tifa's attire.

But seriously, Ashe, (X-2)Yuna and Rikku, Fran... And about a million different chicks from a bunch of different titles are far more "slutty" than Tifa.

Gimme a break. But I will shut up about that now.

And for the LT in VII to have been left completely up to the player, you'd have to get rid of the LS and HW sequences. These are not optional, and they point towards Cloti big time.

paoo

♥
I know her CC outfit was to impress Cloud, and I had nothing against it.
I just think Nomura can be a perv sometimes. :monster:
But hey, why can't Tifa "show off" then? She is sexy, so let her. XD

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
.....not quite.
The original game is hardly inconclusive in this case.
This. The game was about Cloud and Tifa's relationship as adults, it was not optional to watch as they opened up to each other. It was not optional to learn that the feelings they share for each other are far more than "just childhood friends". Also, it was not optional for them to shag.

@Slutty
The fact that this word is still thrown and outfit comparisons have to be brought into the convo shows how mature the fandom isn't.

Also note how it's often women demeaning other women by calling them "slut"?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
@Slutty
The fact that this word is still thrown and outfit comparisons have to be brought into the convo shows how mature the fandom isn't.

Also note how it's often women demeaning other women by calling them "slut"?
This. :awesome:

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
I dislike miniskirts, and Tifa's was pretty short. She showed a lot of skin, and that was just part of her design. She definitely isn't the worst of the worst though; as mentioned, her breasts aren't just spilling out over her tank top, and her miniskirt isn't basically a thong. And, unlike them, at that point she isn't that old. In AC, she doesn't show as much skin and ditches the miniskirt. It shows maturity, character development. Her CC outfit shows her wanting to impress Cloud, which could mean a variety of things. One could be insecurity with herself; another could be how she thinks Cloud thinks. There is my analysis on Tifa's clothing. :awesome:

And, yeah, Aerith's dress is only buttoned halfway. In her concept art, anyway; does she wear it like that in AC and CC? I can't remember...For an FFVII remake, they'd have to be careful about it or change it, because wind (even during attacks) would...

However, weighting Tifa's physical appearance and clothing above her personality (combined with the fact that she does change her attire eventually) just shows a lack of debating skills. If love was based on such a thing, most video game characters would have no good lover. Not only that, but Cloud would come off as much more of a jerk; it's not like Tifa is sleeping around with every guy she sees.

A

Great Old One
I don't even see why what a character wears affects the LT itself. -_- And wouldn't it technically be insulting to people who actually wear miniskrits and tank tops?

And, yeah, Aerith's dress is only buttoned halfway. In her concept art, anyway; does she wear it like that in AC and CC? I can't remember...For an FFVII remake, they'd have to be careful about it or change it, because wind (even during attacks) would...
Yes.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I don't think they ever look at how Aerith wears her clothes either. Just because she has more cloth doesn't mean she doesn't look all fanservice-y :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I see you people A: Either don't remember the game or B: don't know what a tank top is.

And Yuffie and Aerith showed more skin than Tifa. Seriously, folks.

Isabella

Your Mom
How about we judge the quality of the men by their attire for a change? I pronounce that Zack is more of a nasty whore than Cloud, because Zack is baring both arms and Cloud has one covered. But Barret is the skankiest of all, because you can see his chest.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
How about we judge the quality of the men by their attire for a change? I pronounce that Zack is more of a nasty whore than Cloud, because Zack is baring both arms and Cloud has one covered. But Barret is the skankiest of all, because you can see his chest.

Red XIII is the skankiest, I believe. He's got nothing on.

:hugemonster:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
*Psst* "Clooooouuud, I will never be a memory, bebe. Now give daddy a kiss." :monster:

Can't blame the guy. Cloud is all he has left. :(

HelpfullAlly

néra nem preu tar aqui, ô
AKA
dreamboatanne
HelpfullAlly wrote:Good for you, being a CloTi fan is a real pain in the ass. :monster:

Oh, come on... Was just me waiting for a kiss on ACC?
This is impossible.

Well, now I have to wait for the remake of FF VII... :awesomonster:

Did you just say a spoiler? I think you did. Spoiler tag it in that case, or just remove that part of the message.

No, isn't a spoiler o_o' I didn't even watch the movie yet -_-'

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Eeee! Holy shite, that's fanfuckentastic.

And when Cloud starts getting uncomfortable and back away, he'll say "Hey, keep it cool, bebe. Just give it a try. If you don't like it, I promise I won't try it again(for a few years)." :wacky:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
.....not quite.
The original game is hardly inconclusive in this case.

...and I would agree with you! ^^ But for the record, this quote alone does not quite accurately reflect what I was trying to say in context. To put my point another way: I would have been more tolerant (forgiving?) of others coming away from FFVII with a different impression of Cloud's true feelings depending on how they play the game and how well they understand some of the more ambiguous scenes and dialogue. Nowadays, I'm much less willing to hold back.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know... there's a part of me that just doesn't want to debate anymore. Mainly because I know I'm right, I know they'll never change, and I'm getting tired of it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom