The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Tifa has always been singled out even in the original game, and continues to be so to this day.
You'd think they'd get a clue, but no no. The Clerii have reality-resistant goggles.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=53.msg2787#msg2787 date=1229661991]
Fantasy has nothing to do with it. This is consistency of story that we are discussing.
[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

Cloud x Tifa has a ton of fantasy love things in it as well as realistic ones. Tifa got to go into his mind because she's the only one who could and fix it up, which is where she finds his true feelings for her. All while their hearts are calling out to each other.

I love my boyfriend and all, but I don't think I'll be taking a walk in his mind anytime soon.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I love my boyfriend and all, but I don't think I'll be taking a walk in his mind anytime soon.

I wish I could have done that with my old boyfriends! ... Actually, nah. I bet I'd find some weird stuff.

Tifa got to go into his mind because she's the only one who could and fix it up.

It kinda helped that all of Cloud's thoughts revolved around her. :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

"I know. I'm not alone... not anymore...."

Cloud's words clearly imply that he has been feeling alone until now, even during the last two years.

I was reading the Japanese script earlier, and the Japanese line doesn't say 'noy anymore'. It just says 'I'm not alone'.

Is this a line from the English version, or a fan translation (like the Crisis Core or On the Way to a Smile translations on that site)?

And my translation of Calling on that site. I thought I wasn't realiable, dammit :monster:

haichinamie

Banned

if clod like tifa so much, why don he want 2 marry her??? a legal document and a traditional event binding the two together forever with an old man at the helm (Cid,a nyon1?) would absolutelYY be all the proof i need!

until Then, I Fight the good fight, Cloti's

So cloud let tifa into his heart? it was because of the mystical green substance known as lifestream...

and Tennyo dun get sassy with me bitch!!!!! >:(

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=53.msg2854#msg2854 date=1229701217]
if clod like tifa so much, why don he want 2 marry her??? a legal document and a traditional event binding the two together forever with an old man at the helm (Cid,a nyon1?) would absolutelYY be all the proof i need!

until Then, I Fight the good fight, Cloti's

So cloud let tifa into his heart? it was because of the mystical green substance known as lifestream...

and Tennyo dun get sassy with me bitch!!!!! >:(
[/quote]

They already married! Only it was Barret, not Cid.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg2853#msg2853 date=1229701116]
"I know. I'm not alone... not anymore...."

Cloud's words clearly imply that he has been feeling alone until now, even during the last two years.

I was reading the Japanese script earlier, and the Japanese line doesn't say 'noy anymore'. It just says 'I'm not alone'.

Is this a line from the English version, or a fan translation (like the Crisis Core or On the Way to a Smile translations on that site)?

And my translation of Calling on that site. I thought I wasn't realiable, dammit :monster:
[/quote]

Read the other essays, youll find TONS of amusing stuff ::) =D

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

And while Im on this thread...

cloud-tifa1-150x150.jpg

Cloud and Tifa
Crisis Core Complete Guide’s Keyword Collection
Cloud and Tifa are childhood friends, both born in Nibelheim. When Cloud leaves the village, he calls Tifa out to the water tower and promises that he will become a SOLDIER. At the same time, he is also made by Tifa to promise that he will come to rescue her if she is ever in trouble.

Following this, the pair experience many hardships, such as the Nibelheim incident which also appears in CC, and the Jenova War in FFVII, and through these the distance between them shortens. And in AC they live together, with Barret’s daughter Marlene and a boy named Denzel. Though there was also a period later where Cloud lived away from them after having contracted Geostigma, they finally reach a commune with each over and return to living together once again. In DC, they rush together to Vincent’s aid, in his battle against Deep Ground SOLDIER.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=53.msg2850#msg2850 date=1229698740]
When in doubt - visit clerith.com :monster:
http://clerith.com/Calling.htm
Spirit sex proof, children! :duhard:
[/quote]

"Cloud rides for miles down the highway, and then the camera angles up toward the sun, the light shining brightly. When the camera angles away, a small bit of pink which appears to be the corner of Aerith's ribbon is shown on the lower part of the screen."

Pardon me, but how the hell do they notice this shit! ;D

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg2883#msg2883 date=1229715803]
[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=53.msg2850#msg2850 date=1229698740]
When in doubt - visit clerith.com :monster:
http://clerith.com/Calling.htm
Spirit sex proof, children! :duhard:
[/quote]

"Cloud rides for miles down the highway, and then the camera angles up toward the sun, the light shining brightly. When the camera angles away, a small bit of pink which appears to be the corner of Aerith's ribbon is shown on the lower part of the screen."

Pardon me, but how the hell do they notice this shit! ;D

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose.
[/quote]

The funniest moment in this essay I think was the statement that Cloud was on a date with Aeris while calling Tifa asking her out for the next day =D

ZOMG, SE confirmed Cleris! http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=8952&view=getnewpost

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

When did that flower field suddenly become 'Aerith's field', anyways? :monster:

As for 'the sign is from Yuffie so she can hold a party', why would everyone get together (end of AC), go back home, then get back together again for a party? Why would Barret give Cloud presents for Marlene and Denzel if he's going to see them tomorrow? Wouldn't he want to hand the present to his own daughter himself?

And that the picture at the end was taken during this party. Seems more likely that the picture was taken at the end of AC, for the same reason: it's less needlessly complicated.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I love how people think Cloud's holding the Holy Materia...*face palm*

It's the crystal of FFVII's universe.

Anyways, I love how people take the flower thing so seriously. It's no different than Cloud also keeping the flowers on his desk, or Cloud buying a flower from Aerith in FFVII. I mean, seriously.

And why the Aerith choice of flowers? The flowers are more beautiful, iconic, and reminiscent of FFVII. Although granted, I would've preferred him disappearing in threads of lifestream ala pyreflies in FFX.

Besides, they couldn't make Cloud disappear in a cloud of alcohol to have a nod to Tifa :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Besides, they couldn't make Cloud disappear in a cloud of alcohol to have a nod to Tifa

Aw, shucks. D; Rofl.

Though, I suppose the night sky full of stars could supposedly represent them. xP I like how that one Clerith defied the logic presented, even. Saying how Cecil returned to the moon.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Is it just me, or does it strike anyone else as fekakte for SE to 'confirm' Clerith in an AU to Cloud's own timeline? Especially one with all the other FF heroes in it, many of whom have their own honeys, yet none of them are even fucking mentioned? I mean, Tidus, Zidane, and Cecil have jack and shit to reference their honeys. I'll ignore Fririonel, Butz, and Tina for this purpose. Warrior and Onion are similarly ignored for different reasons (though Luneth and Refia seemed to have a little something, as did Ingus and Sara). Squall MIGHT have a reference to Rinoa in the form of the single feather, but having only two of five people with romantic interests and the rest of those, and the rest of the people period have items that reference their worlds, it just makes no sense to me.

Or just in general, why 'confirm' something in an AU, period? It has no particular bearing to the original story, leastways not the one we experienced.

FF7's crystal fragment is actually about the same size as Black Materia. It can't be Holy, it's far too big.

I'm also amused that they say that the field exists only for Cloud, when you can see it in the opening shot and when Squall is talking.

Wait, someone said Cecil went back to the Moon?
For fuck's sake... There are things I can stand, and things I cannot. FUCKING UP FFIV is NOT one of the things I can take.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg2904#msg2904 date=1229720173]
I love how people think Cloud's holding the Holy Materia...*face palm*

It's the crystal of FFVII's universe.

[/quote]

I know right? It's materia-shaped but it's a crystal.

Lifestream may have worked but the flowers sort of fit with the rest of the atmosphere :monster:

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg2905#msg2905 date=1229720671]
Though, I suppose the night sky full of stars could supposedly represent them. xP I like how that one Clerith defied the logic presented, even. Saying how Cecil returned to the moon.
[/quote]

....bahahahahahaha. Oh my. That's a tough one to respond to.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this angry Ryu, that was pretty interesting! :duhard:

Yeah, it is pretty dumb. I think Squall's the only character that gets a true, genuine nod to his love interest because of how integral romantic love was in his story. FFVIII is essentially part love story, so of course they'd reference his promise to return to Rinoa. However, all the other stories aren't love stories. Save for maybe FFX as well, but even then, they chose not to.

It's not about some big romantic easter egg party. It's about the heroes finally returning to their own worlds and saying goodbye. And since the crystal of FFVII is the size of the Black Materia, does that mean Cloud's going back to Sephiroth? :monster: I mean, seriously...

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg2910#msg2910 date=1229721544]
It's not about some big romantic easter egg party. It's about the heroes finally returning to their own worlds and saying goodbye. And since the crystal of FFVII is the size of the Black Materia, does that mean Cloud's going back to Sephiroth? :monster: I mean, seriously...
[/quote]

Oh, how depressing. Cloud's returning to be with his creepy stalker boyfriend... AGAIN :duhard:

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

You guys seem not to understand the whole point of this scene!

Cloud is holding Holy and going to the field with the flowers Aerisused to grow in the slum church to reunite with her! Its obvious :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I just love how Aerith has this monopoly on flowers, and they're only connected to Cloud and their romantic relationship.

Even though Zack was her first boyfriend, the one that got her to even sell flowers, and even helped her sell them in the first place.

And Marlene now plays and takes care of the flowers.

Clearly the flowers are only symbolic of Cloud and Aerith and their romantic relationship.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

Who`s Zack, anyway?... ::)

Honestly, how these people even think about AU games have any impact on the original stories not the other way around?

Take KH/KH2 as an examples: Aeris is actually dead in the real story but is a living character in those games. Talked to Cloud once and vuala - Cleris got their proofs.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Well I don't think you can compare KH to Dissidia. Dissidia features the actual real Final Fantasy characters in another universe, doing another story that's separate from their original story.

Kingdom Hearts is completely non-Final Fantasy. The characters don't even have the same backstory or character.

However, the fact is, is that Dissidia doesn't really offer anything because it's not about Aerith or Tifa. It's about Cloud and his adventure in *that* story. It's like looking for a pair of gardening shears in an Italian restaurant. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Okay it would be nice to not have Dissida spoilers in this thread. Pretty please? :/

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Sorry Tenny, but there's really nothing spoilerific, save 'yep, they won and go home', but that's kind of the default end to any crossover game. The real spoiler of Dissidia's ending doesn't even involve the LTD in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom