The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg2916#msg2916 date=1229723357]
Well I don't think you can compare KH to Dissidia. Dissidia features the actual real Final Fantasy characters in another universe, doing another story that's separate from their original story.

Kingdom Hearts is completely non-Final Fantasy. The characters don't even have the same backstory or character.

However, the fact is, is that Dissidia doesn't really offer anything because it's not about Aerith or Tifa. It's about Cloud and his adventure in *that* story. It's like looking for a pair of gardening shears in an Italian restaurant. :monster:
[/quote]

Im not comparing KH to Dissidia, Im only saying that AU games cant be used as evidence.
And some people dont really care wiether the character are `real` or not.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg2910#msg2910 date=1229721544]
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this angry Ryu, that was pretty interesting! :duhard:[/quote]

There are some things you just don't fuck up. FFIV is one of those.

Yeah, it is pretty dumb. I think Squall's the only character that gets a true, genuine nod to his love interest because of how integral romantic love was in his story. FFVIII is essentially part love story, so of course they'd reference his promise to return to Rinoa. However, all the other stories aren't love stories. Save for maybe FFX as well, but even then, they chose not to.

Hell, they barely referenced FFVIII's story, what with his last line being to Cloud and all.
I'm just gonna use the 'If Cecil gets no love, no one does' rule.

It's not about some big romantic easter egg party. It's about the heroes finally returning to their own worlds and saying goodbye. And since the crystal of FFVII is the size of the Black Materia, does that mean Cloud's going back to Sephiroth? :monster: I mean, seriously...

Well, it IS his destiny to fight Sephy, apparently...

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

"Cloud rides for miles down the highway, and then the camera angles up toward the sun, the light shining brightly. When the camera angles away, a small bit of pink which appears to be the corner of Aerith's ribbon is shown on the lower part of the screen."

Ugh. It's a fucking lens flare.
Like this:
lens_1.jpg

You get that shit when the camera is looking in the general direction of the sun. God.

It just happens to be pinkish and hexagonal. Note the other light effects around. It's not Aeris' ribbon. It's part of a lens flare.
Nice try.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Fucking liar, that's Aerith's spirit watching over Cloud and you know it goddamnit. >=CCCC

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg2932#msg2932 date=1229729879]
Fucking liar, that's Aerith's spirit watching over Cloud and you know it goddamnit. >=CCCC
[/quote]

Its Aerith`s ribbon watching over Cloud :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=53.msg2933#msg2933 date=1229730541]Its Aerith`s ribbon watching over Cloud :monster:
[/quote]

wtf? Just... wtf...

That's all I have to say. :duhard:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg2853#msg2853 date=1229701116]
I was reading the Japanese script earlier, and the Japanese line doesn't say 'noy anymore'. It just says 'I'm not alone'.

Is this a line from the English version, or a fan translation (like the Crisis Core or On the Way to a Smile translations on that site)?
[/quote]

The "not anymore" is from the English version.

I wonder if Sony added it just so Cloud's dialogue could fit with his lip movements. :P

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just remembered... that line was said internally, so there's no lip synch issues involved.

null.

Pro Adventurer

LOL! I was gonna say, wasn't Cloud thinking those lines? :monster:

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg2927#msg2927 date=1229727841]
There are some things you just don't fuck up. FFIV is one of those.[/quote]

smitu.gif
smitu.gif
smitu.gif

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

[quote author=null link=topic=53.msg2936#msg2936 date=1229733302]
LOL! I was gonna say, wasn't Cloud thinking those lines? :monster:
[/quote]

And I was feeling so smrt about it, too. ;)

Isabella

Your Mom

Could still be a timing issue if they've got empty space to fill up. Does the Japanese line take longer to say?

(I don't feel at all smart saying this.)

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg2945#msg2945 date=1229737230]
Could still be a timing issue if they've got empty space to fill up. Does the Japanese line take longer to say?

(I don't feel at all smart saying this.)
[/quote]

No, he just says "Ore wa... hitori janai" - "Im... not alone"

Isabella

Your Mom

Ah, but from watching it on YouTube, I still say it's a timing issue. :monster:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XKGohFE4-M&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Final Fantasy Advent Children part 10[/ame]

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Ore wa.... Hitori Ja Nai
I'm not alone.... Not Anymore

The syllable timing of the two lines basically matches up.
I personally would have just waited until the fadeout to say 'not alone', but that might have left too much dead space in the dub.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

SPOILERS GOD DAMN THE LOT OF YOU SPOILERS. At least write "Dissidia spoilers" at the top so I know which posts to skip. Don't make me ban y'all.

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg2952#msg2952 date=1229742351]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XKGohFE4-M&feature=channel_page
[/quote]
They could have easily taken the 'un' bit and extended it to "yeah, I know"/etc. over the "ore wa..." bit, then left the "I'm not alone" part for when it fades out.

It's a Japanese thing to leave a pause to emphasis something you say after. Like Sephiroth's "watashi wa... omoide ni wa naranai sa". But it doesn't really have the same effect in English (at least I don't think it does :monster:)

And lolz. Pink ribbon (at about 9 mins on that YouTube video). I admit it looks a little like a ribbon at first. I almost laughed at this tip of a ribbon bobbing up and down at the bottom of the screen, high up in the air. Until it turned round and transparent. Website never mentioned that part.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

They don't mention a lot of things. For example, they said

(And as I cannot apparently use the spoiler tag...)
MINOR DISSIDIA ENDING SPOILERS AHEAD

the flower field only appears when Cloud and Cloud alone is viewable in the ending of the game, and provided two screenshots. Six seconds later, I'd found the perfect screencap to prove them wrong.

END DISSIDIA SPOILERS

But yeah, conveniently omitting things is totally the Pink Hell game. Like forgetting the 'It's the woman who wears the pants' line when recounting Cid and Barret's conversation in CoB.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

Thank you for posting that screencap ;)

I agree - the flowerfield is just a representation, a symbol of FFVII in Dissidia.

Btw, when I first saw it I thought it was a shotgun guy from Versus in it, I though "what the heck is he doing there?" =D

Als52

Rookie Adventurer

LoL @ that ribbon stuff, amusing but sad really.

I remember back in the late 90s, CloudxAerith fans went around proudly proclaiming that Cloud & Aerith was the greatest love story ever told. Period! End of discussion.

Now after Crisis Core, CloudxAerith fandom has de-evolved into it's are mere opinion/interpretation that Cloud loves Aerith and not Tifa, backed up by are huge list of pink proofs and ribbon nonsense. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

And one has to wonder why with all these killer proofs that a modern CloudxAerith fangirl has at her disposal, how they still manage to finish last in the pairing polls.

Don't forget that they have deluded themselves into believing the mythical Japanese fan believes Clerith without any doubt and that Cloti is merely a North American misinterpretation.

You are right as well, over the years the Cloti version of events has stayed basically the same, quotes and additions to the compilation only adding to what they already believed about the compilation. Whereas Clerii change what they think with every new quote. They used to hate the idea that Cloud even had a crush on Tifa and denied he joined SOLDIER for her. Now they admit it and claim it's irrelivant...

I still can't wait until someone brings that "Tifa's the only person Cloud opened this heart to" quote back there...

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Well, they already tried to spin that one when someone mentioned it in the FFF LTD. They said it meant 'since Aerith's death', and asked 'when did it say ever'
It was Ume. She demanded we provided I demand a screencap that the quote existed. Then I demanded she provide evidence of the same standard that it meant 'since Aerith died', her next post was an announcement that she was leaving the LTD.

Oh yes... the mythical All 'Clerith' Japan... even though they call the pairing name something else and are even more mercilessly mocked by the majority than the english speaking fandom does.
Let's not forget, either, that one Japanese native can speak for the entire country.
But not if they're Sakurai and support Tifa in the struggle.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

Europe stands for Cloti too. At least I see here much more Cloti fans than Clerith.

And we have to face it ppl - no matter how much Cloti (and Zeris) evidence SE will give us (and already have) Cleriths will continue to twist or ignore it.
Its really strange but its truth.

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg3009#msg3009 date=1229795187]But not if they're Sakurai and support Tifa in the struggle.[/quote]

Heh, I love that quote when he says he`s always been a Tifa fan and argued with his friends who`s Aerith`s fan =D

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

Of course, the actors have no say. Who cares if they worked with the director and crew? It's their OPINION ONLY!!!1
What do they know? Naru knows better

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Wouldn't it be a little redundant to say "the only EVER person he opened his heart to... EVAR!" I mean, I know the word "ever" is used like that alot, but I always found it awkward when reading.

CloAe canon in Japan was epic BS. Sometimes I wonder if they actually believe the stuff they say, or if they're just desperately trying to establish some sort of superiority. Maybe both, I dunno.

IMO the ship sort of sunk when Cloud called Aeris mother in AC. I had an inner laugh because I seriously thought the LTD done would be then. I don't remember if that was twisted or simply ignored, but if they managed to justify that then... kudos, I guess.

haichinamie

Banned

[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=53.msg3011#msg3011 date=1229799616]
Of course, the actors have no say. Who cares if they worked with the director and crew? It's their OPINION ONLY!!!1
What do they know? Naru knows better
[/quote]

do not talk bad about naru-chan she is a sweet girl...

Isabella

Your Mom

He thought it was his actual mother placing her hand on his forehead, some of them say. Apparently he isn't able to differentiate his lover's presence from his mother's.

It seems to me there's a happy compromise here. What about Cloud starting to develop feelings for Aerith while she was alive, but ending up with Tifa, whom he loves? Is Cloud loving Tifa an insult to Aerith's memory or something? Can't he carry fond memories of Aerith and love Tifa at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom