The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
I have no idea who that person is. I don't hang around enough forums and/or FFVII-related comms, I guess.

Of course, she's probably lurking into this thread right now too, so hi. *waves*
*waves too* Hiiiiiiii! I forget sometimes that we have lurkers, waiting to copy our posts, and then editing them to look more "rabid." before reposting it to places to make fun of.

+ funny how they ignoring all the other novellas. CoL is the only one that matters, even though it possibly takes place before CoT? If CC is "in da past," then isn't CoL "in da past" too? Not that CoL has any LTD-proofz in it or anything, but since they're acting like it is...

@backpedaling: I find it frustrating and amusing at the same time. It's also quite funny that a story, written from Aerith's POV holds more water than the actual creators words/thoughts (and people who argue back with "Nomura doesn't say who Tifa is the lover of!" are just plain stupid. STOOOPEEED. Really). That, and like I've said before, who are actually going to read these stories? Very few. Most fans just watch play the games, watch the movie and are done. The Ultimanias and info books (like RF), a small amount might read because it's got nifty bits on info and shiny pictures in them. But the novellas, I'm sure are ignored by most. Hell, even I ignore them. I've only ever skimmed through CoT and CoB. Never read CoD. MoTP, I sprinted through with my hands half-covering my eyes. The writing style was effing atrocious.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
They don't seem to realize that Aerith refers to herself as Cloud's lover in a one-sided point of view, and that throughout the whole novella it refers to Aerith as 'woman.' If they're going to be saying that koibito in reference to Tifa can be Johnny, Rude, etc., then I'll say the 'woman,' can refer to someone else as well. And they don't seem to realize that the word tachiba is written in there. Of course, because they have Japanese professors who are more reliable than more than ten different sources of a dictionary, I guess I'll have to go with the latter.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
They don't seem to realize that Aerith refers to herself as Cloud's lover in a one-sided point of view, and that throughout the whole novella it refers to Aerith as 'woman.' If they're going to be saying that koibito in reference to Tifa can be Johnny, Rude, etc., then I'll say the 'woman,' can refer to someone else as well. And they don't seem to realize that the word tachiba is written in there. Of course, because they have Japanese professors who are more reliable than more than ten different sources of a dictionary, I guess I'll have to go with the latter.
I no speaky Japanese. What does "tachiba" mean? And I thought that she refered to Spikey as her lover, not the other way around?

I don't know if they claimed to have Japanese professors. I just remember peeps here (and by here, I mean ACF also) talking about how they had REAL LIFE JAPANESE FRIENDS.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
>______>

:shifty:

Addendum: I appreciate it, but don't get banned on my account, FB. I'm a big boy, and can take the lashings. It irks me more than anything, really.

*nods*

Thanks Ryu. Yeah I was going to bring up individual posting styles and how hard it is to understand tone over the internets and that it was probably better to always assume people's intent wasn't to be hostile rather than the opposite but yeah =/ Figured I'd better get going while the going was good. Galleanna had more of a tough time of it that I did/do there I think.

*hugs to her*

I appreciate that. I don't like having to constantly say "Of course it's not everyone! I mean I'm only-" That type of thing.

lol you NP :joy: Yeah sometimes people just have to take the initiative for themselves. I can't expect everyone else to do all my work for me! :monster:

So often in the past I've seen people (from both sides) approach these things as if it were a war, all aggressive or on the offensive/defensive. It's not a war xD

And I'm glad you understand that this forum isn't some oppressive Cloti haven. Reading what some had to say, I wanted to post and suggest that they ignore the LT threads and look through ones that weren't about that before judging the forum that way.

There really are a lot of interesting topics and discussions here. I've been following the one about Sephiroth and the one about Genesis and Kuja.

*nods*

That's awesme. There's so much to see and do here, I should do some moar exploring! :awesome:

A

Great Old One
Well, then you've probably never been to the NC before than. :neom:

Tachiba = standpoint/position.

And yes, she does refer to Spikey as her lover, but it doesn't say that it's Aerith herself referring to Cloud as her lover, it's just 'the woman.' And it's 'the woman' throughout the entire novella.

Not sure if you're doing that in reference to my post about the person I said up there. As sorry as I am, she's probably one exception I can pass up on. Telling people to hang themselves is just one example.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I lol at how you apply their logic. I wonder if they get it. *waves at lurkers*

How exactly is tachiba used in CoL?

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
I was going to ask the same question that Tenny asked.

And yes, she does refer to Spikey as her lover, but it doesn't say that it's Aerith herself referring to Cloud as her lover, it's just 'the woman.' And it's 'the woman' throughout the entire novella.
Have you read the novella? If you have, then when does it take place? During game, and after game? Because if it's during game, then certain people deserve yet another pair of flip-flops (because of the whole "it's in da past" thing).

+ I think that some were upset at the lack of Zack in the story? Well... I think that I've said this already, but Zack would be kind of out of place in that story, wouldn't he? And as for Zack being ignored... for eff's sake, the man got his own game, and also, increased amount of screentime in ACC (which, as I've said before also, will be seen by more people than the novellas. kids these days... they don't wanna read). Zack fans should be pretty satisfied, I think. :P

paoo

♥
Geez, you do wonder if they ARE stupid or are just being rabid?

"There is no proof that Tifa is Cloud's koibito!"

Who else would be the "someone" if it isn't Cloud? COME ON!!

"You need to chill the fuck out and stop bashing C/A fans. I could sit here and bash you dilusional C/T fans who bitch and moan everytime C/T is proven uncanon, but you don't see us calling you Clitos. Cause' that's basically what you are--a rabid CloTi."

..Congrats. You have just started to bash Cloti-fans.
This is fucked up.. xDD

"If you mean a scene that Cloud & Tifa are in together, sure. But not like they're a couple or something. Siiiiigh. I fucking hate the LTD so much."

A person asked if there was new Cloti-scenes in ACC, and I said it was.. But I guess they are afraid when you get answers like this;

"There are no new C/T scenes. He saves her from a toppling building.. that's romantic? No. Cause then saving Denzel would be romantic too."

And I didn't mention anything about Cloti being a couple and etc. o_o
Btw, that is quotes by Danzaii on some ACC video. *waves* Hiya! :monster:
I'm starting to think that "ohfuckchaos" and "Danzaii" is the same person.. :shifty:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
What does that say about Aerith though from her standpoint/position? The quote is "Cloud is the woman's friend, kiobito" but if that is really " Cloud is my kiobito" - Aerith then what do you peeps think that says of Aerith's character? I know some people think Clotis are calling her a liar or deluded with that and think it's demeaning her to question what she says but that's harsh so I doubt that's the way people here themselves see it. Aerith isn't hated here :)

At least I haven't seen anything :shifty: :P

A

Great Old One
No, I was referring to the concept that it should be fairly simple to understand when tachiba (position, standpoint) is used regarding Tifa's role as a koibito, compared to a one-sided statement from Aerith herself.

And I haven't read the novella, I'm just getting all this at the OWTWAS thread (ACC spoiler forum), and Mako's giving updates there, and the CoL itself should be ready at Sunday by hito. Zack's not included in the story, unfortunately. Although, his increased time in ACC has probably made created himself an even bigger fan base then he usually has.

What does that say about Aerith though from her standpoint/position? The quote is "Cloud is the woman's friend, kiobito" but if that is really " Cloud is my kiobito" - Aerith then what do you peeps think that says of Aerith's character? I know some people think Clotis are calling her a liar or deluded with that and think it's demeaning her to question what she says but that's harsh so I doubt that's the way people here themselves see it. Aerith isn't hated here :)
What? Of course she's not a demeaning character for loving Cloud. That'd be an incredibly stupid reason to hate a character as awesome as Aerith. I don't think it says anything from standpoint/position, it says, "Cloud was the woman's friend, her koibito..." or something like that.

I'm starting to think that "ohfuckchaos" and "Danzaii" is the same person..
Oh no, they definitely are the same person.

If she hates the LTD so much, then she should start getting a clue and not troll.

Last edited:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
I don't see any Clotis seriously calling her a liar or deluded (on that vid, someone just joked that she was a "poor delusional girl") No one said that she is stupid or delusional... but just a little confused. We know that she had one hell of a crush on him (because of his Zackosity, obviously), and somehow convinced herself that they were an item, or at least, on their way to becoming an item. She is kind of silly at times. And no, I ain't bashing. I'm just stating truthz.

I'm starting to think that "ohfuckchaos" and "Danzaii" is the same person.. :shifty:
They probably are. Some peeps make dupe accounts, and have conversations/agreements with themselves.

It's kind of disturbing.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

At least I haven't seen anything :shifty: :P

Ah, thanks. I've been waiting for someone to put the quote into a much better context than what we've been given. I wasn't sure if it was her saying, "He's my koibito" or if it was part of the narrative.

Even still, the narrative itself seems rather ambiguous to me. Is it telling us what is the truth or just what Aerith thinks is the truth whether true or not?

hito hurry up!!!!

Or rather, SE hurry up you'd better publish this in English!!!!

A

Great Old One
lol ohfuckchaos? I never noticed them. XD Could be her dupe.

They probably are. Some peeps make dupe accounts, and have conversations/agreements with themselves.

It's kind of disturbing.
Not as disturbing as showing off pictures of people killing themselves.

I don't see any Clotis seriously calling her a liar or deluded (on that vid, someone just joked that she was a "poor delusional girl") No one said that she is stupid or delusional... but just a little confused. We know that she had one hell of a crush on him (because of his Zackosity, obviously), and somehow convinced herself that they were an item, or at least, on their way to becoming an item. She is kind of silly at times. And no, I ain't bashing. I'm just stating truthz.
Aerith can be silly at times, as Tifa can also be too easily stepped on by others (I think so, at least...). Bashing would be:

Omgz tifaz boobs are so largee lol wat a slut lol lol lol.

Or.

lawl wtf is wrong with aeriz wut a dramawhore lol hhaha.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
I don't see why my slight crit has to be countered with a Tifa crit. I know that Tifa has flaws. I'm just not pointing them out because it has nil to do with the current discussion. :P

Even still, the narrative itself seems rather ambiguous to me. Is it telling us what is the truth or just what Aerith thinks is the truth whether true or not?
it's the same as Case of Tifa. It's mainly from Tifa's POV, but she's not the narrator. It was the same with MoTP and the other novellas. Bella and others talked about it earlier, didn't they?

Or rather, SE hurry up you'd better publish this in English!!!!
Doubtful. It wouldn't make any dosh, unless it was packaged with the actual movie.

Vendel

Banned
I don't see any Clotis seriously calling her a liar or deluded (on that vid, someone just joked that she was a "poor delusional girl") No one said that she is stupid or delusional... but just a little confused.

Honestly though. If she thinks Cloud is a lover wouldn't she be delusional? She was in denial about the whole Zack thing throughout her time in the game.

Meh...wait for the translations I guess.

A

Great Old One
I'm not a Tifa crit... I just have a habit of bringing out other examples into it.

Honestly though. If she thinks Cloud is a lover wouldn't she be delusional? She was in denial about the whole Zack thing throughout her time in the game.
I guess this all just depends on when this takes place, exactly. If it takes place right before she even discovers the real Cloud, then it'd be safe to say that she was confused and in denial.

Vendel

Banned
I'm not a Tifa crit... I just have a habit of bringing out other examples into it.

I guess this all just depends on when this takes place, exactly. If it takes place right before she even discovers the real Cloud, then it'd be safe to say that she was confused and in denial.

But this has to take place after FF7 and before AC. Doesn't it?

paoo

♥
LMAO!
I saw Danzaii mentioning that the Cloti-thing was the past on that video.
But when Aerith said that Cloud was her koibito she was like: "zomg liek clerith is totally canon!!1" XDDD But.. CoL is the past. It's right after the end of FF7 if I'm right. And Cloti isn't the past, they still live together and they both are trying in some way to.. show feelings for eachother.

PWNED. :)

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
The new focus on that single novella is sort of mistaken, isn't it? The woman declaring Cloud as her koibito is only one additional thing that can add to the Clerith argument. There are also other new novellas.

The other novellas hold moar Cloti, or so I heard. :monster: I should stop with the fanfiction for a while and see these novellas. So far, I've only read CoD. :awesome:

:reptar:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom