things, including a lover/sweetheart (in a romantic/sexual context; "koibito"
is the Japanese word used here), and Nojima says that when he began writing
the script for Advent Children, the first thing he was sure of being part of
the setting is that Cloud and Tifa were together."

Too obvious? xDDD
..And instead Aerith is being mentioned as a mother to everyone-and Cloud;

"Showing up in front of people feeling pained and confused,
Her figure seems like a loving mother."

"In that sense she is like a mother watching over the entire planet, and it gives the feeling that she lives in every part of the world."

You see?

"Two years after returning to the planet, Aerith still lives on in the hearts of her friends who saved the planet."

And yes, EVERYONE felt sad about Aerith's death. Not just Cloud.. And Tifa was actually the only one we know cried about her, and at the time Cloud was holding onto her firmly. I will write more later..~ :3

MissSugar

good girl =D
There are plenty of pro-cloti quotes, of course it's obvious^^ For me, the LT actually ended as soon as Aerith died o.O I can't follow those cleriths seriously, but it's entertaining..I think many of their "theories" are hilarious lol my fav is the spiritual sex one :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Mulling over the whole "onna" thing, perhaps it's being partially narrated by Sephiroth? Really far-fetched, I know, but then it'd make sense as to why he'd refer to Aerith as "woman". There wasn't much love lost between the two, and if he was convinced that they (Cloud and Aerith) were an item, all the more reason do kill her, right? *sits around in the Wild Mass Guessing spot of the forum*

Midnyte92

Mage-Like Girl
AKA
Air
why can't everyone just accept that cloud is with Tifa now and that Aerith is in the lifestream with Zack

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
why can't everyone just accept that cloud is with Tifa now and that Aerith is in the lifestream with Zack

Everyone can. Some just won't. Make a guess who those "some" are.

Wait what? Case of Larry? Aerith is a koibito? Cliffnotes kthx

Case of Larry? OH LOLOLOL :awesomonster: Thank you. XDDDDDD

There are plenty of pro-cloti quotes, of course it's obvious^^ For me, the LT actually ended as soon as Aerith died o.O I can't follow those cleriths seriously, but it's entertaining..I think many of their "theories" are hilarious lol my fav is the spiritual sex one :monster:

The argument for Aerith's death is that Cloud still loves her after she's decomposed, and that he actually just really wanted to kill himself after trying to survive through Sephiroth to be with Aerith.

And that's after the Lifestream part where we see the true connection between Cloud and Tifa.

Yeah, I can't follow them either. :awesome:

I agree about the spirit!banging thing. Apparently, both Cloud and Aerith are capable of having sex and children in spirit. Yup.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What the fuck are you talking about hachinamine? Don't get yourself banned again. Because it'll be permanent this time. Either post something meaningful on the debate or don't post at all.

paoo

♥
I agree about the spirit!banging thing. Apparently, both Cloud and Aerith are capable of having sex and children in spirit. Yup.

LOLOLOL. Yeah, and do you know that Sora is their love-child? :awesome: *playing rabid*
And in AC when Cloud and Aerith is having their "sex-dream" and Aerith then touches his arm, she just gave him an orgasm. And if you listen carefully you can hear Cloud sound like this: "Uh.." Or did he just say that.. THAT CLACK IS CANON?! o_o Wait, then Cloud and Aerith didn't have sex in the flowerbed. They just talked about their future.

xDDDD Sorry, I couldn't resist.
But seriously, the games, movies, Ultimania's and etc. are full of Cloti.
There is just one thing that is bothering me.
In the game "Itadaki Street Special" they had Cloud and Aerith with eachother like all the time, and barerly no Tifa in the trailer. But then again, Tifa and Cloud is actually next to eachother in the menu when you pick the characters.. And then Aerith came.
But in KH2 you can take a look at all the characters, and there they putted Cloud and Aerith next to eachother instead. >_> I know these games don't affect the original, but still?
I have a rabid theory.. Tifa is being Cloud's light, and Sephiroth is his darkness. And Tifa and Sephy aren't humans.. And no one else than Cloud can talk and have contact with them. So maybe they putted Cloud with the other friends instead? And then they obviously putted Cloud besides Aerith, because they a "special bound".

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tifa was seen by Squall when he says

Leon: That means...this is all a wild goose chase.

Tifa: You're chasing what, now? Well, well! A hidden room! Guess I'd better
take another look around.

Which was originally supposed to be a pun in Japanese. Squall says, "It's like grasping a cloud" which prompts Tifa to say, "What about Cloud?" You clearly see Squall look over towards Tifa with Sora and the others at the same time, meaning they heard her.

Plus Tifa fights along side the other FF characters too. So she isn't just Cloud's light. She's a person too.

paoo

♥
Tifa was seen by Squall when he says

Which was originally supposed to be a pun in Japanese. Squall says, "It's like grasping a cloud" which prompts Tifa to say, "What about Cloud?" You clearly see Squall look over towards Tifa with Sora and the others at the same time, meaning they heard her.

Plus Tifa fights along side the other FF characters too. So she isn't just Cloud's light. She's a person too.

RIGHT! I forgot. :monster: And she also talks to Sora, Donald and Goofy. Mmmkay, then that theory sucked.

haichinamie

Banned
I love how Clerisths are raving about Aerith calling Cloud a koibito to her or w/e in "Case of Lifestream". HOW DO THEY KNOW IT'S NOT KOI*SPACE*BITO, HUH?

Assuming such a word actually existed in the Japanese language.... and assuming it wasn't a compound word -_-

paoo

♥
Well I love that Nomura himself called Tifa a koibito, and then started talking about her and Cloud being together in AC. :whistle:

haichinamie

Banned
xAerith said:
and then started talking about her and Cloud being together in AC.

Are you talking about, "I knew one thing was for sure: Cloud and Tifa would be together. Everyone would be living back home where they belonged." Because if so that was what Nojima said and that was in the locations section of the Reunion Files.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So with Tifa already called Cloud's girlfriend/lover, them being called a family, and the fact they *are* living together, there's definitely no relationship or personal connotation in Nojima's statement at all, right? :awesome:

Clearly just a statement on location.

paoo

♥
Are you talking about, "I knew one thing was for sure: Cloud and Tifa would be together. Everyone would be living back home where they belonged." Because if so that was what Nojima said and that was in the locations section of the Reunion Files.

Yes? Where they belonged.
And as he said, Cloud and Tifa have the same home, where they belong and are living together. That's exactly what I meant.

haichinamie

Banned
^ Didn't you know that ACC retconned the original AC as well? Like omg, evil ACC retconning stuff. Despite the fact that, you know, they were pressed for time to get AC out and weren't able to include everything that they wanted in it...

paoo

♥
^ Didn't you know that ACC retconned the original AC as well? Like omg, evil ACC retconning stuff. Despite the fact that, you know, they were pressed for time to get AC out and weren't able to include everything that they wanted in it...

So you mean that Square Enix also would change all the Ultimania's and statements then?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the game "Itadaki Street Special" they had Cloud and Aerith with eachother like all the time, and barerly no Tifa in the trailer. But then again, Tifa and Cloud is actually next to eachother in the menu when you pick the characters.. And then Aerith came.

Actually, this is not the case. A friend owned this game for a short time (It's honestly a DULL GAME), and Cloud and Tifa have loads of 'in game banter' with each other, while Aerith has the most interaction with Angelo from DQ8.

Oh, and Aerith's not delusional, certainly less so than Cloud was during FF7.

And WRT to CoL, it's written in Third Person Free Indirect. So thought is presented as part of narration.

As for CoL, Aerith considers Cloud her beloved. Depending on if she gets to see the lifestream sequence events or not (IE- If maiden is or is not canonical, though other excerpts point to not), she might not know he's gaga for Tifa.

XAerith, I think Hachi is referring to the 'Yellow flowers are Aerith in AC, but not ACC' line that some have embraced to deny the Z/A overtones of
the new post ending sequence

paoo

♥
Actually, this is not the case. A friend owned this game for a short time (It's honestly a DULL GAME), and Cloud and Tifa have loads of 'in game banter' with each other, while Aerith has the most interaction with Angelo from DQ8.

Hmm, is that so? :aah:
And as for the ACC-thingy.. Okie, dokie. :doh:

Isabella

Your Mom
Aerith believing Cloud is her sweetheart is consistent with what we've been saying all along about Aerith's confusion. For most of disc one she was chasing Zack's shadow. She becomes aware of this herself by the time of the date scene and says as much, so I fail to see how us pointing it out is "bashing" Aerith.

I refuse to entertain anyone's notion that calling Aerith confused or in denial is "bashing" her. That's a copout. She's a woman who was hurt deeply, and her behavior is consistent with such. That does not make her weak or stupid, it makes her more relatable and makes her story more touching.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Aerith believing Cloud is her sweetheart is consistent with what we've been saying all along about Aerith's confusion. For most of disc one she was chasing Zack's shadow. She becomes aware of this herself by the time of the date scene and says as much, so I fail to see how us pointing it out is "bashing" Aerith.

I refuse to entertain anyone's notion that calling Aerith confused or in denial is "bashing" her. That's a copout. She's a woman who was hurt deeply, and her behavior is consistent with such. That does not make her weak or stupid, it makes her more relatable and makes her story more touching.

Yes, but some people are thinking that its not in Aeriths POV.. more like its a statement from the narrator.. (some are even thinking Nojima)
well its actually kind of understandable the way the line is written... that's why its good to wait for translations of the whole thing to see the context

I wonder what the Japanese Clerith are saying, even though I hear there's few compared to the Eval Cloti
and I remember that they were angry about the first Koibito statement concerning Tifa

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Consider CoT for a moment. Would that not be classified as purely Tifa's point of view, despite being written in third person? The narrator doesn't know things Tifa doesn't know, such as where Cloud disappeared to or why he's starting to distance himself. Wouldn't a truly objective narrator know that?

Nojima has employed third person limited subjective narrators before. We're not suddenly pulling this out of our sphincters for Case of Lifestream. What is a limited narrator? It only knows what the focus character knows.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FB, I'm really glad you like it here. I think that it's nice that you can see 'our side' of things, and that you're listening to everyone and can tell we're not generalizing. xD I would be willing to listen to anyone from that Forum if they wanted to make a statement. Besides, like everyone said, there are other topics aside from the LTD. They think it's all about Cloti here, but it really isn't. =/ I think most of us can see that this Forum wasn't created to "omg bash Cleriths" and "shove Cloti down ppls throats". I've said it a lot, I had fun debating nicely with Anastar. I had plenty of nice debates with Cleriths on TNC, and other places like Gaia. There's just a few that go freaking batshit crazy and accuse you of stalking along the way.
I've met Clotis who are just as insane, so I'll say again, that anyone willing to take a pairing so far as to harass someone via the net is just plain idiotic. Sorry that I too, was being specific to a certain member A, but I felt betrayed. That she would apologize, and then run off to the pink Forums to make up more lies. Also, sorry I'm talking about something from three pages ago. :monster:

How the hell is saying Aerith is in denial, bashing her character? We're not saying she's mentally abusing Cloud or she's a shitty lover, like people are saying about Tifa. We're saying that Aerith is heart broken, and confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom