The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
oh lawd. Reading the front page, and have been for like a half hour. For how long does this shit going on?! Is it still continuing?

turns out Beloved generating lulz anyway. :monster:
But not the maximum level of flip-flopping lulz.

My social experience into flip-flopping fandom opinions in ruined.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Aww hito. Well you had pure intentions, but it's all Mako's fault really. He's such a cunt for wanting to diffuse lulz. :awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
poster7948073.jpg

:bigmonster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I especially like the trust me bit in there. :wacky:

Also, I thought it worth noting that when just typing in ondore to google images and looking, I found Mako's April fools interview pics and the April Fools of monsters. :wacky:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
LMAO @ front page.

Doesn't this dude get that his attempts at turning this around into making himself seem like a victim are entirely transparent? Then when people point out his stupidity, he gets butthurt and goes all "that's not what I was saying. Im not here to debate. Im not a shipper. Don't drag me into this LTD (coming from the dude who came in here to tell us xlations were changed to be in favor of Cloud/Tifa. And WE dragged him into an LTD)".

Typical Devotioner behavior.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
hey.. what are the Japanese forums saying about this? anyone know?
Some people were pretty confused by it. "After all that Zack/Aerith stuff, why this now?"

I haven't read much, though. But some people did have some doubt about Nojima's choice of word.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
What's the time frame for this?

I know it starts when the Lifestream gushes out, meaning in-game right before the end...so it can't continue for long after it, right? Kinda seems like Maiden timeline, minus all the bad writing.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I haven't read much, though. But some people did have some doubt about Nojima's choice of word.

Am I mistaken in that Nojima speaks very little to no English. Because I think his wording is based more on trying to get across the depth of emotion Aerith has for Cloud, but being limited by the language barrier, koibito and its implications of beloved/sweetheart are the closest he could get. I'm only saying this because in past interviews he has been very clear on which pairings were canon in his opinion, but he has also struggled for words in interviews, so I was just curious as to the depth of his English knowledge. It'll be batted around like a "rabid" theory i know, but common sense really is a beautiful thing.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Some people were pretty confused by it. "After all that Zack/Aerith stuff, why this now?"

I see.. so pretty much the same here..

but most of them realize its in Aerith's POV right?

thanks Hito..

meh, if some don't trust/deny Hito's translation of one word, they can wait for the official translations, which I bet will probably be the same

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Covering the two years after FFVII/before AC, I think. Black 1 was around the ending of the game, and Black 3 seems to be nearer to the start of ACC.

Square should just pay me to translate it professionally. Square like fandom lulz, right?

Am I mistaken in that Nojima speaks very little to no English.
Well, Nojima's English skills wouldn't have much to do with what he wrote in Japanese and what we have here, which were all my lies :monster:

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Next time hitoshura wants lulz, I'll listen to him. I promise.

Holy shit. :monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Well, Nojima's English skills wouldn't have much to do with what he wrote in Japanese and what we have here, which were all my lies :monster:

This is true. You should really have just translated that as: Cloud, her friend, her lover, her be-all end-all of spirit!sex and masturbatory fantasies. I mean that's what I read, anyway.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I see.. so pretty much the same here..

but most of them realize its in Aerith's POV right?

thanks Hito..

meh, if some don't trust/deny Hito's translation of one word, they can wait for the official translations, which I bet will probably be the same
It seems so.

Some people do take it to be one-sided as well. You can subjectively call someone your 'koibito', without it meaning they feel the same way. It's written "to the woman" (I can't remember what I translated it to, or if it was edited, cba looking now). There was also apparently someone who found a dictionary (Kojien) listing definition as 'the person [you] love'. So some people did can it as just a way of saying she liked him.

Plus you've got Cloud's 'proposal' comments to Tifa (new tomorrow, "But we've always been together." "That's not quite what I mean..." type stuff). Chronologically, that would come after this, or if at the same time you still have the whole post-Aerith's death stuff which happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom