The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is true. You should really have just translated that as: Cloud, her friend, her lover, her be-all end-all of spirit!sex and masturbatory fantasies. I mean that's what I read, anyway.
That's obviously what anyone should read, because it's :rabite:learly canon.

The comment page for the Case of Lifestream is just...

hilarious? :awesome:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
It seems so.

Some people do take it to be one-sided as well. You can subjectively call someone your 'koibito', without it meaning they feel the same way. It's written "to the woman" (I can't remember what I translated it to, or if it was edited, cba looking now). There was also apparently someone who found a dictionary (Kojien) listing definition as 'the person [you] love'. So some people did can it as just a way of saying she liked him.

Plus you've got Cloud's 'proposal' comments to Tifa (new tomorrow, "But we've always been together." "That's not quite what I mean..." type stuff). Chronologically, that would come after this, or if at the same time you still have the whole post-Aerith's death stuff which happened.

LOL.. yeah the proposal thing.. I heard they were talking about that on the forums there.. :monster:

Why do I get the feeling the debate is much more heated here.. :catfight:

BRG BACK TNC!!!

p.s. I don't think the dude is trying to be a troll, I mean he even said he would take back everything he said if the official translations say something other than lover, since that is what he thinks/wants is the correct translation..

I hope he comes back when they are out...:awesome:

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
hilarious? :awesome:

not even about Case of Lifestream. :monster:

Filling in the blanks? lol.

The IP Address one was just so bad I couldn't even laugh. I'll probably be arrested you guys for being able to view IP Addresses. :(

The Northern Crater is just even more lulzy then this. I think.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You're all bastards for not noticing my sneaky literary reference Easter egg and focusing on Ondore's lies.

I don't see anyone making masses of comments about that not being what the dictionary says. Or 'stigma'. Or any of the other little changes I made. Fuckers, the lot of yous. Appreciate all my biased twisting.

Isabella

Your Mom
Hey hito, what would be your translation of Cloud's lines to Tifa in CoT? Not that Danna didn't do a wonderful job, but I'm curious to hear other viewpoints. Did you get a romantic vibe from it? 'Cause I hear through the grapevine that it's totally about friendship. :awesome:

A

Great Old One
'Cause I hear through the grapevine that it's totally about friendship. :awesome:

And the realization that Tifa can never get her hands under Cloud's pants, so she settles for being his mother instead.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I would say "A little, the meaning she is different." But that's because we all like literal/wrong translations, right?

Seriously, I probably would do that what I said before ("That's not quite what I mean").

Honestly, I thought that sounded more romantic than the original one ("I mean from tomorrow" or whatever it was). Different meaning of 'together'? When they were together, platonically, all this time?

I like how they also got rid of Japanese grammatical structure 'my place', for the lulz.

Isabella

Your Mom
To me that's blatant romantic intent from Cloud. Which is what this whole debate hinges on -- Cloud's intent. But what do I know. I'm so delusional I can't see straight.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think the Lifestream thing comes as more of a shock because it's right after Episode Tifa. If you're not looking for the slightest thing to use against C/T, it seems like the start of something. But then they throw 'koibito' at you.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
KOIBITO. I made this to express what I'm still lol-ing at.

backpedal.gif

Look. Aerith is walking away from Zack and back towards Cloud. And Tifa's nowhere to be found. Perfect. :monster:

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
by the way, probably from several pages back now:
You're all bastards for not noticing my sneaky literary reference Easter egg and focusing on Ondore's lies.

Yes, I am :( what sneaky literary reference easter egg?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's in White 1, which probably explains it being upstaged :monster: Because it's only two words I took from something else.

But I won't say what it is yet :awesomonster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Y'know, that gif reminds me of the CxA habit of making sigs that change something about the compilation and then act like that sig is evidence.

Like their Cloud falling to his doom rather than be with Tifa and Aerith's last letter calling Zack an asshole sigs.

When the facts don't support your notions, the facts are wrong, I suppose.

Addendum: @Hitobito... I think I may have sussed, but I shall keep mum for now.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's in White 1, which probably explains it being upstaged :monster: Because it's only two words I took from something else.

But I won't say what it is yet :awesomonster:
hmm. I reread it and don't recognise anything. D; it's probably from a work I haven't read.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
How many 400 year old plays do you read? :monster: I've been studying it lately, which is why I used it. Thinking about it, maybe 'literary' was the wrong word.

I was going to retranslate Maiden because I found a line in Wuthering Heights that would fit perfectly, but in the end I cba :monster:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
LOL Paging Dr. Chaucer. Dr. Geoffrey Chaucer please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Good one Hito.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I've read a fair bit of Shakespeare but it's been so long that I might not recognise certain lines :monster: as for Wuthering Heights, I definitely wouldn't recognise that D;

edit: looks like it wasn't Shakespeare anyway, figures :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
"beauteous wall"? A quick Google reveals that this phrase appears in Twelfth Night, which I haven't read :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom