The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
They can't nor do they have detailed facial expressions, so they have over exaggerated gestures to make up for it. Tifa does a playful shimmy, Aeris always bends forward, Cloud scratches behind his head, Barret has RAGEHANDS, etc.

Fine. Take it to novellas and AC then. Show me ANYTHING that reflects loving/tender/romantic touches or blushes for Aerith.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Are we back to Disc One where Cloud is CloudZ anyway? :wacky: I'm sure my CloudZ was annoyed to stay there, because that's pretty much how I felt, and CloudZ pretty much acts how the player feels :wacky:

In the end, everything's a perception from the fans who play/watch. You want to see intimate gesture, I'll tell you that if it'd be overly romantic, I'd be annoyed at some point. When my focus is action manga/game/movie, anything overly romantic and I'll feel like that: :wacky: The only way for me to accept it is that when it's part of the plot :wacky: Other than that, I feel like watching fanservice >_>

Reminds me too that Japanese don't necessarily overly romantic stuff either. Maybe that's my half Japanese - absolutely not speaking and not reading though - part in me that speaks when it comes to those oddities :wacky:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
You just asked me to show you physical affections between Cloud and Aeris after she died.

Wow.

Wow.

He does stand with her in a flower field, hold her hand in the bahumat fight, sees her in the church. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility there, chica. If there were scenes to be had. But there aren't.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Yeap, she died... So, what's the point? I tought that Cloti was very clear after AC/ACC, CC etc.

I know you're coming in late so let me clarify - I'm not saying Cloti isn't an implied conclusion post AC.

However we were discussing the physical affection between Cloud and Tifa, and on this front, the couple is certainly lacking.

He does stand with her in a flower field, hold her hand in the bahumat fight, sees her in the church. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility there, chica. If there were scenes to be had. But there aren't.
Sorry, I'm not about to go down the line of crazy. Yes he holds her hand in the fight, and she grasps his arm in comfort, but you asked me to show PHYSICAL ROMANTIC AFFECTION WITH A DEAD WOMAN.

And I thought I was being good by avoiding crazy ass flower field sex theories.

Last edited:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I don't understand the 'it wasn't a romance story' argument. That doesn't change their supposed relationship as a couple. It doesn't mean Cloud should be averse to giving Tifa a peck on the cheek or any other gesture of intimacy.

I'm with Dacon, and believe SE were deliberately being coy to avoid upsetting certain quarters of their fanbase.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I
However we were discussing the physical affection between Cloud and Tifa, and on this front, the couple is certainly lacking.

Lacking compared to what? This I'm curious about, because surely we're not putting socially expected norms on fictional characters... I mean, seriously. There's a whole two years we don't see where they could be humping like rabbits, but guess what? When you fight with your partner the last thing you wanna do is be all cuddles, and if nothing else we KNOW Tifa was hurt and confused by Cloud leaving.

But he is comfortable with her. That's pretty obvious. They touch, maintain longer eye contact than ANYONE else in the film/game. They cuddle--even if you see nothing else--under the Highwind.

So where is it lacking?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Cecil and Rosa also lacking in affection through most of the game? Then there's also the fact they aren't in an LTD and Cecil never lost his mind, but whatever. Perhaps Squeenix just didn't want to shove a couple down some people's throats and have an unhappy fanbase?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
You don't understand this, but I think this is why Japanese have shounen and shoujo categories (and seinen and josei - or even H :wacky: ). If anything, FF7 is more a shounen than a shoujo, which means geared towards action and less towards romance. Romance IS definitely a part, but i'ts a TINY one. Most fans aren't playing FF7 or watching AC/ACC for romantic stuff. That's the very point of it.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
but you asked me to show PHYSICAL ROMANTIC AFFECTION WITH A DEAD WOMAN.

And I thought I was being good by avoiding crazy ass flower field sex theories.

When did I say physically romantic only. I said blushing, and I offered up anything other than the game because you were failing in that department. Forgive my generosity.

HelpfullAlly

néra nem preu tar aqui, ô
AKA
dreamboatanne

Guys, you have to remember that Final Fantasy it's a thing that EVERYONE know / watch / likes. EVERYONE! From 8 years to 80.

Show physical affection would not be a good thing for SE. And plus...
Tifa touches Cloud on his shoulder on ACC, doesn't she?
:monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I don't understand the 'it wasn't a romance story' argument. That doesn't change their supposed relationship as a couple. It doesn't mean Cloud should be averse to giving Tifa a peck on the cheek or any other gesture of intimacy.

I'm with Dacon, and believe SE were deliberately being coy to avoid upsetting certain quarters of their fanbase.

When was he supposed to kiss her or hug her? They were in the midst of a falling out--remember? Tifa is hurt by his leaving and they reunite after he finds her beat to hell and their kids are missing. Soooo...tell me, where? realistically where and when would some good cuddle time be?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Cecil and Rosa also lacking in affection through most of the game? Then there's also the fact they aren't in an LTD and Cecil never lost his mind, but whatever. Perhaps Squeenix just didn't want to shove a couple down some people's throats and have an unhappy fanbase?

I don't buy this whole, "SE Is just doing it not to upset our feelings", if they intended canon, then they should stick by it. Again, it's ridiculous to go to the lengths of having a couple live under the same roof raising kids and then say, "Well, they don't wanna make it too obvious, they might hurt someone's feelings".

also I never played FF4, so that whole comparison is wasted on me. : D

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Again, it's ridiculous to go to the lengths of having a couple live under the same roof raising kids and then say, "Well, they don't wanna make it too obvious, they might hurt someone's feelings".

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Thank you. Because it IS obvious, and saying otherwise is ridiculous. They ARE a couple.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
And then again, most people don't feel that it's necessary to put more than what is shown to know that they are together romantically. I will repeat myself, but it's all a matter of perception, and what you want to see in the first place.

As much as I love cloti, I'm glad they didn't overdo it. Also, I still need comments on the quote from CoT I posted earlier:
After checking that Cloud was asleep, she spoke to him.
[...]
Tifa waited for his answer, though she couldn’t hear it even if she waited until the morning.
Doesn't this imply sleeping in the same bed, for most people? I think it does :monster:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Thank you. Because it IS obvious, and saying otherwise is ridiculous. They ARE a couple.

When did I say they weren't a couple? That has never been my argument.

jhc people.

When did I say physically romantic only. I said blushing, and I offered up anything other than the game because you were failing in that department.

Show me ANYTHING that reflects loving/tender/romantic touches or blushes for Aerith.

ps - you over analyzing a simple example doesn't mean i was failing at anything, kthnx.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
When did I say they weren't a couple? That has never been my argument.

jhc people.

Then what exactly IS your argument. That they are a couple? Because you're not doing so great there either.

Show me ANYTHING that reflects loving/tender/romantic touches or blushes for Aerith.
And showing me my quote where I asked for touches OR blushes negates my question of when I asked for physical only how?

ps - you over analyzing a simple example doesn't mean i was failing at anything, kthnx.

Nope. your over analyzing did that all on its own. You're welcome.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
When was he supposed to kiss her or hug her? They were in the midst of a falling out--remember? Tifa is hurt by his leaving and they reunite after he finds her beat to hell and their kids are missing. Soooo...tell me, where? realistically where and when would some good cuddle time be?

At the end of the film, maybe?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
This is silly. If Clerith can be canon with so much analyzing, then what of Cloti? Cloti doesn't even need analyzing. My mental age may be lower than everyone else's here, but I don't fail to see what is blatantly obvious and what isn't.

Cloti is canon. Get over it.

Clerith is only slightly canon. Why? Jenova cells.

THE END.

Clack is canon, but I'm siding with the Clotis for now.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
At the end of the film, maybe?

As much as the Cloti in me would love to see that, and I would, it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the end scene. The look they exchange is pretty sweet all on its own, however, and quite romantic, in my opinion. :)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
No, I gave an extremely simple example of Cloud using his embarrassed pose as he is being hit on by a chick. If somehow thinking he was blushing out of embarrassment is such a giant leap of faith, then that's your problem and not mine.

And showing me my quote where I asked for touches OR blushes negates my question of when I asked for physical only how?

You asked me for something completely fucking retarded was my point in showing you that. :awesome:

Then what exactly IS your argument. That they are a couple? Because you're not doing so great there either.

Nothing. I have none. I'm only here because I hate myself.

My argument is that Cloud/Tifa are not truly official until after AC, since as they were still trying to establish being a couple in CoT Cloud ran off like a wussy boy.

Also, that Cloud's feelings for Aeris are comparable to his feelings for Tifa, at least for a time, since the character himself thinks it's stupid to choose one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom