The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
[FONT=&quot]
Though, if Aerith can solidfy, then Zack can too. And I think I like the sound of that.
Well that could easily be said seeing he was at the end of AC even though there was no contact with him he seemed to be in the same physical form as Aerith. Also Cloud was back to back with him and they seemed, or well Cloud seemed to be leaning on Zack so it could be. It's just we only saw Aerith make real official contact with Cloud, when Zack we can only assume. I'd say both probably are, if we are looking at it that way.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Ever since AC and CC the split has shifted heavily towards Cloti.
I’d agree on CC, but I think AC had it’s fair share of Cloti and Clerith.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
The difference is a damn lot of non 'Cloti' think C/T is the canon pair as well.
And if 7 has no canon couple, then I hold only 4 has a canon couple. What more do you really need?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You could say the same for Clerith. I've seen some see it as Clerith, and same with Cloti. Depends on how you saw the game. And obviously, atm VII has no official couple or there wouldn't be this debate. Obviously, people saw an obvious pairing for most FF games, when VII there has been a 12 year debate. Honestly, i don't think it will ever end, nor will either be proven official canon. Both Clerith and Cloti are canon in some form so even if it was confirmed nothing would work. The creator have dug waaay to far of a hole.[/FONT]
Aerith is not healing them, like the popular Clerith belief. They healed on their own, and she was not in the picture. At all.

But there was water and white, and isn’t that supposed to symbolize Aerith. O:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
This whole solidify thing... isn't it stated in the ultimanum .. how do you spell that?"... that when those things happened they go on in Cloud mind only? Mako/Seto and I had a huge argument about it at one point until he pointed that out to me. So no, she can't solidify... or is that not in there?

Vendel

Banned
[FONT=&quot]Honestly, i don't think it will ever end, nor will either be proven official canon. Both Clerith and Cloti are canon in some form so even if it was confirmed nothing would work. The creator have dug waaay to far of a hole.[/FONT]

No no no. Prove to me that Cloud and Tifa are not a couple.

Prove to me that two people who live together and raise two children are not a couple.

That is the burden of proof. It doesn't need a press release. They are an official couple until proven otherwise.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
But there was water and white, and isn’t that supposed to symbolize Aerith. O:

Let me rephrase- Aerith is not there healing them, and is not there laying with them. I believe that she was watching them, though. Due to the water drop as you mentioned. Otherwise, the RF says that Cloud and Tifa healed on their own.

that when those things happened they go on in Cloud mind only?

http://gallery.digik.net/view/25692
"In spirit at least"

Nothing about Aerith being solid.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Also, a lot of 'pinkers' have said that Aerith can solidify for Cloud, and that the two can see one another any time they want. Obviously, that is not true.

I always assumed she manifested herself in a solid form for Cloud but not at her whim. Whenever he needed her, she seemed to be there... Before saving the kids.. the final hand to hold... and then again at the end to tell him it's okay. With her consciousness being together in the Lifestream I would assume she can still perform small tasks like that.

Question: When you say we have no "Cleriths" around here, do you define "Clerith" as someone who thinks it's actually canon that Cloud and Aerith are romantically together, or just someone who enjoys the pairing in a fanon sense? And I'm not just addressing Channy, here.

I ship Clerith as canon. :monster:

Point of Order. SPIRIT LOVER. QED.

On the other hand, the pink denizens have and still harp upon this as does uberrabid danzaii.

wut?

OH... well how is that romantic? O_o

I agree. :monster:

Look at the position they're in. Listen to the music that plays in both versions. Think of the title "Anxious Heart". Think of how Aerith is not healing them, like the popular Clerith belief. They healed on their own, and she was not in the picture. At all.

They are laying together, face to face. Means something.

I never took it as a romantic scene rly. He's too late to save her and his own sickness causes him to pass out. And then they're both just passed out lying there. :monster: I'm half tempted to post a sarcastic remark about other non-romantic moments but I shall withhold myself.

Also, why doesn't Aerith heal them? Does her Great Gospel water drop which is shown other times in the movie just randomly appear for the sake of it? I don't think so.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Also, why doesn't Aerith heal them? Does her Great Gospel water drop which is shown other times in the movie just randomly appear for the sake of it? I don't think so.

Here's why Aerith doesn't heal them:

Official sources (Reunion Files) say that Cloud and Tifa healed on their own. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. :)

And as respectful of your opinion as I am, I must disagree. I find it very romantic. XD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Well Aerith is a bitch, she should have healed them :rage:
kidding

uhm... okay that did not say what Mako said about them only appearing in Cloud's mind.
he told me that the scene between Cloud and Zack only took a split second and took place in Cloud's mind only and that Zack didn't actually like stop time or anything. I believed him but that... if that's his source it's... not at all what he told me O_o

Vendel

Banned
I think the scene in question (C/T 69ing) is not meant to be romantic in the traditional sense. But when you think about it. The song and the wolf appearing. Cloud almost crying just seeing her like that.

It took Zack and Aerith's deaths to get that kind of reaction.

Tifa just got beat up.

That's romantic in a way. :kiss:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Because it's funny? :awesome:

Anyway, I find it amusing and I'm not even a "Cloti." I do acknowledge the superior logic in reasoning that Cloud and Tifa are together, but I'm hardly a Cloti shipper.

Question: When you say we have no "Cleriths" around here, do you define "Clerith" as someone who thinks it's actually canon that Cloud and Aerith are romantically together, or just someone who enjoys the pairing in a fanon sense? And I'm not just addressing Channy, here.

Sorry darlin but you either are one or the other, there is no middle ground apparently.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Here's why Aerith doesn't heal them:

Official sources (Reunion Files) say that Cloud and Tifa healed on their own. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. :)

And as respectful of your opinion as I am, I must disagree. I find it very romantic. XD

Quote pls. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This whole solidify thing... isn't it stated in the ultimanum .. how do you spell that?"... that when those things happened they go on in Cloud mind only? Mako/Seto and I had a huge argument about it at one point until he pointed that out to me. So no, she can't solidify... or is that not in there?

Yeah.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/604/aerith-gainsborough-character-profile-p48-51/

Suffering from an attack of Geostigma, Cloud strayed into the labyrinth of his heart. Aerith wants to take away the burden on his mind, and she greets him with a tender, teasing voice.

She's not really appearing to him solidly. She's speaking to his heart/mind. Hence how he's able to have a conversation with Aerith in a flower field at one point, and then he's back riding his motorcycle in another.

Also, CelesChere, the Reunion Files states that when Tifa and Cloud laid together on the flower bed after Tifa was attacked by Loz, and Cloud suffered from a severe attack of Geostigma, they were healed by the watery presence that was below the ground. That was on page 70.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/604/aerith-gainsborough-character-profile-p48-51/

Suffering from an attack of Geostigma, Cloud strayed into the labyrinth of his heart. Aerith wants to take away the burden on his mind, and she greets him with a tender, teasing voice.

Oh you just left yourself WIDE OPEN for mad Clerith interpretation thar. :awesome:

She's not really appearing to him solidly. She's speaking to his heart/mind. Hence how he's able to have a conversation with Aerith in a flower field at one point, and then he's back riding his motorcycle in another.

I guess the reason why it's interpreted as solidly is because he jolts around a bit and loses his bike suddenly... ergo it seemed sort of physical for him to be taken to another place.

...but then this is negated when he looks over his shoulder and suddenly back on his bike. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not...really, unless you think that's also a serious Clack interpretation there at the same time. :monster:

Since..he's doing the exact same thing.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Hey man, just because I ship Clerith primarily doesn't mean I don't ship a little Clack on the side. :monster:

....I sooner ship Clack than Cloti tbph. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That doesn't make it reality though. I could ship Cait/Vincent if I really wanted to.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
But it still wouldn't be reality. The story already is telling you an actual consistent and narratively supported pairing, one where you don't have to try to fit a square peg into round hole.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Ahh, but what is reality is the fact that neither creator/producer/director or any other person on the FFVII team has flat out said "Cloud belong with Tifa. They marry in FFVII-4 and have spiky haired babies together."

paoo

♥
Cloud and Tifa is healing on their own in the flowerbed, while Aerith watches over them. Because they are in her church, her flowers and etc. :awesome:
And "Water" was supposted to be a mix of Tifa's and Aerith's theme. And the waterdrop is supposted to represent Aerith.

And I dunno why they changed to "Anxious Heart" but I like it better.

"Cloud and the others lost Aerith, a valued friend and a companion."

:awesomonster:

And yes, Aerith is just appearing in Cloud's dream. It's her presence, but.. It's not in reality if you put it in that way.

Vendel

Banned
Ahh, but what is reality is the fact that neither creator/producer/director or any other person on the FFVII team has flat out said "Cloud belong with Tifa. They marry in FFVII-4 and have spiky haired babies together."

C'mon Cloud and Tifa are this cute together.

funny-pictures-otter-has-an-other-h.jpg

You can't deny that canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom