The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Hey don't use my font to post that shit fgt, I wouldn't post anything that inane

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm just saying it's a fictional character, one of which none of you know on a deep personal level.

If I were calling any one of your friends a slut or a skank for their appearance, then yes, I'd deserve every bit of this assault. But really? Over pixels?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Always, Channy, always. It's a slow night. ;P

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Sephiroth kind of does show off a bit of chest, but hey, I'm not complaining. :p

A couple thoughts:

-Getting mad over someone's opinion on a video game character is lulzy. It's a video game character...Whoopie!
-Wearing a t-shit and a mini-skirt isn't an indication of being a slut
-Some people will be asses and treat a woman wearing the most usual clothing like a slut, and even more so if she wears something that might be somewhat revealing
-Flirting with a guy who very reluctantly indicates he might have a galpal isn't a real issue, not to me.
-Having sex with a man you're attracted to is not slutty.
-If there's any possiblity for me to insert myself into a conversation I will
-Same goes to inserting Tim

:P

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm just saying it's a fictional character, one of which none of you know on a deep personal level.

If I were calling any one of your friends a slut or a skank for their appearance, then yes, I'd deserve every bit of this assault. But really? Over pixels?
It's not about you bashing a fictional character, it's about the standards you're using to do so. By condemning Tifa, you're condemning every woman who does the same things in similar situations, and that's pretty goddamn offensive, especially since you call yourself a feminist.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

If you feel this way about this situation you shouldn't be bothered to participate in this discussion.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
For once, you have come in handy. Thank you Dawnie McTimfuck. :awesome:

Aaron: I didn't say I was Susan B Anthony, or Margaret Sanger. My opinion isn't the be all end all of feminism. ffs, let me have my opinion. :monster:

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
So feminism means sleeping with as many guys as you want without ever once being called a single name or being judged on it? You sir live in a fantasy world, for that is not feminism.

Neither is the bullshit you're spouting, and as an actual feminist, it's your kind of "feminism" that pisses me off the most. Even though we’ve spent generations trying to combat and rectify the pervasive effects that advertising and movies have on women’s body image, it seems that for the few staggering steps forward we’ve made, we’re forever being knocked back, thanks to this sort of bullshit and idiocy.

I'm sorry? Whose boyfriend was she stealing when Cloud said that he and Tifa weren't together...

when the hell did this happen? In-game you can actually refer to Tifa AS YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

I think that if Tifa had at least the balls to step forward and take Aerith aside asking her to step off, Aerith would have. But as far as she was concerned, he was fair game.

Oh, sure, because Tifa had nothing else on her mind than nailing Cloud... **sigh** The fact that Aerith wasn't distracted, or concerned about the events going on around her, and was in fact borderline obsessive over Cloud speaks loads of lack of character, IMO.

The little slut flower girl offered herself up to him on a platter within 10 minutes of meeting the guy. That's just... special.
Aerith teaches the value of persistence and Tifa teaches the value of a slutty outfit. Put those lessons together and you have yourself a maneater. :awesome:

Define slutty outfit. Because by any RATIONAL standard, showing abdomen and legs isn't the equivalent of flashing tits for beads or bodyguards.

I wouldn't say Aerith was clingy. It's obvious that she's coming onto him, and why wouldn't she? She sees all the traits of her first love in him. You're not exactly going to just let that walk away from you, you'd do anything you could to try and recapture that, and obviously she was.

That's called stalker.
I wouldn't find it all that offensive. And really, I don't understand why everyone else is finding it so offensive to think that Tifa would sleep with someone else either.

It's not offensive; it's unrealistic given what we know of compilation and the characters.

The thing that people seem to be forgetting is that IT'S A GAME. Over the last few hours I've read posts about people getting so riled up over Tifa being called a slut and the thought of her sleeping with anyone else other than Cloud (God forbid she could have another bf in those 7 years) and really it's just sad now guys.

It's less indignation over the fictional character and more over the real life poster so ignorantly asinine in their assumptions and hypocritical positions.

Just sayin'.

Aerith has just as many faults as Tifa's, but the point people seem to be completely missing is that when I first played the game and was presented with this scantily clad woman, I initially thought: slut. My opinion. My own. Not fact or religion I'm not trying to push on anyone else. So stop trying to push your "zomg Tifa so pure" trufax on me because again, opinion, your own, keep it to yourself.

And yet you felt the fucking need to cram yours down our throats. Huh.

I thought the point of the LTD was to HAVE FUN.

But clearly I'm in the wrong place.

Clearly.

The thing with that is, is that I fell in love with Rikku's personality in X when she was sans slut. An yeah, I definitely thought less of her and Yuna for going through costume changes like that. I never said I didn't. But I didn't know that by saying one chara was a slut, we were suddenly taking into account every other woman in the whole series. Silly Channy.

Rikku is STILL SANS SLUT. Jesus, pay attention. And yes, saying one character is a slut based on the flimsy reasoning you stated does warrant examination and elaboration, if only to prove the ridiculousness of such an assertion.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
For once?! For shame, m'dear, for shame on you!

I like the last name though. :P

I dunno, I like both Aerith and Tifa. I personally dislike both their outfits so I guess I don't give enough of a shit.

Um, Aerith's not a stalker. Trust me, I know these things. roffles

Will people stop hating on them both? Appreciate their differences in character. Stop trying to overanalyze every little nuisance as "slut" or "stalker" or whatever.

This thread is lulzy, I should encourage you all to continue, rather than stop.

YES THAT'S RIGHT KILL THE BITCH THAT STOLE'D CLOUD FROM HIS TRUE LOVE SHE'S A SHANK KILL HER KILL HER KILL HER KILL HER

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
It's my opinion that Barret must be uneducated and eats a lot of watermelon, because he's black. And hey, he's fictional, so it's totally cool to think that! Yay! /sarcasm

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's my opinion that Barret must be uneducated and eats a lot of watermelon, because he's black. And hey, he's fictional, so it's totally cool to think that! Yay! /sarcasm

DON'T FORGET DAT DERE FRIED CHICKEN HOMIE

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Neither is the bullshit you're spouting, and as an actual feminist, it's your kind of "feminism" that pisses me off the most. Even though we’ve spent generations trying to combat and rectify the pervasive effects that advertising and movies have on women’s body image, it seems that for the few staggering steps forward we’ve made, we’re forever being knocked back, thanks to this sort of bullshit and idiocy.

Again, I'm not trying to say I have the be all end all of feminism views an shit. Jesus.

when the hell did this happen? In-game you can actually refer to Tifa AS YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

When?

Oh, sure, because Tifa had nothing else on her mind than nailing Cloud... **sigh** The fact that Aerith wasn't distracted, or concerned about the events going on around her, and was in fact borderline obsessive over Cloud speaks loads of lack of character, IMO.

Well I'm sure if Tifa cared about Cloud as much as everyone insinuates, she would have pulled Aerith off to the side and asked her to step off.

The little slut flower girl offered herself up to him on a platter within 10 minutes of meeting the guy. That's just... special.

Giving him a flower is offering herself? kay

Define slutty outfit. Because by any RATIONAL standard, showing abdomen and legs isn't the equivalent of flashing tits for beads or bodyguards.

Not on Jerry, but if you walk down the street like that you'll have whispers and pointed fingers at you.

That's called stalker.

orly?

It's not offensive; it's unrealistic given what we know of compilation and the characters.

Going seven whole years without sex? No, that sort of thing only applies to Aaron, not fictional characters. :awesomonster:

It's less indignation over the fictional character and more over the real life poster so ignorantly asinine in their assumptions and hypocritical positions.

Just sayin'.

Can say all you like, that's your opinion.

And yet you felt the fucking need to cram yours down our throats. Huh.

When did I do that? In fact I was ASKED for my opinion on Tifa and only after did people find it blasphemous because everyone else praises her like the Goddess she is, did they feel the need to reply to me. So no u sir.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
For once, you have come in handy. Thank you Dawnie McTimfuck. :awesome:

Aaron: I didn't say I was Susan B Anthony, or Margaret Sanger. My opinion isn't the be all end all of feminism. ffs, let me have my opinion. :monster:
My definition of a feminist is one who uses the same standard to judge the conduct of both genders. Since you're going on and on about how Tifa is such a slut for sleeping with Cloud after being in love with him for seven years, but haven't said a god damn thing about Cloud for doing likewise, then I can only conclude that you're not much of a feminist.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
My definition of a feminist is one who uses the same standard to judge the conduct of both genders. Since you're going on and on about how Tifa is such a slut for sleeping with Cloud after being in love with him for seven years, but haven't said a god damn thing about Cloud for doing likewise, then I can only conclude that you're not much of a feminist.

Because the whole time I've been asked about my opinion on Tifa.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
When Aerith asks Cloud about Tifa shortly after meeting him you can answer that she's your girlfriend.

Well I'm sure if Tifa cared about Cloud as much as everyone insinuates, she would have pulled Aerith off to the side and asked her to step off.
No, that's not the kind of person she is. Not everyone would behave in the same manner you would.

She doesn't exactly just give him a flower.

Going seven whole years without sex? No, that sort of thing only applies to Aaron, not fictional characters. :awesomonster:
I've known plenty of people who were virgins at Cloud and Tifa's age by choice. If Tifa wanted to get laid, she got laid, but there's no indication that she's ever had the inclination to have sex before the Highwind scene.

Not on Jerry, but if you walk down the street like that you'll have whispers and pointed fingers at you.
Maybe in Canada you will, but here in Florida it's an everyday occurrence.

When did I do that? In fact I was ASKED for my opinion on Tifa and only after did people find it blasphemous because everyone else praises her like the Goddess she is, did they feel the need to reply to me. So no u sir.
Really couldn't care less. If you're really so upset with people who have had mutual crushes on each other for seven years finally consummating their affection for one another then it's pretty god damn strange that you didn't mention anything about Cloud being a manwhore as well.

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Whoa, whoa, Aerith gave Cloud her flower ?

Jesus, how many people did he bang in FF7 that flew over my head? Next I'll hear that he boinked Jessie!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Jesus, how many people did he bang in FF7 that flew over my head? Next I'll hear that he boinked Jessie!
You think he didn't? How else could she have such a crush on him? Obviously, he banged her on the train home. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You know channy, when you say that fictional characters aren't worth getting emotional/defensive over, you're basically saying everything you've posted can be dismissed as trolling.

Or you're just a hypocrite.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
When Aerith asks Cloud about Tifa shortly after meeting him you can answer that she's your girlfriend.

oic, I forgot that bit. My mistake.

No, that's not the kind of person she is. Not everyone would behave in the same manner you would.

I know, I'm just saying that if she was really bothered by Aerith, she would have done something about it. So either she wasn't bothered, or she's a doormat.

She doesn't exactly just give him a flower.

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where she just opened her legs for him? But I guess it makes sense she's offering herself to Cloud seeing as she's doing a job her first love suggested she should do.

Really, you people read far too much into it.

I've known plenty of people who were virgins at Cloud and Tifa's age by choice. If Tifa wanted to get laid, she got laid, but there's no indication that she's ever had the inclination to have sex before the Highwind scene.

There's also no inclination that she didn't. Nor did she ever have any bf in those 7 years. But I don't want to get into that whole "prove they did, prove they didn't" shit because that just has no end.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Vincent is a post-op F-to-M transsexual, PROVE ME WRONG. :awesome:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Again, I'm not trying to say I have the be all end all of feminism views an shit. Jesus.

And I'm saying you're not a feminist. At all.

Aerith
"So, what are you going to do now?"

Cloud
"...Is Sector 7 far from here? I want to go to Tifa's bar."

Aerith
"Is Tifa...... a girl?"

Cloud
"Yeah."

Aerith
"A girl... friend?"

Cloud
"Girlfriend? Yeah, that's right."

Aerith
"Oh, how nice."

There's no insinuation. Tifa loves cloud. Fact. Whether or not she's a bitch enough to ask Aerith to back off is irrelevant to her actual emotions regarding Cloud. Thinking so makes me think there's probably still a "teen" attached to your age.

Aerith
"Well then, let's see......"
"How about if I go out with you once?"

This is within MINUTES of meeting him. Yeah, that's offering herself. :awesome:

Doubtful. I don't live in such an ignorant place.

ttly.

Initially, yes, you were asked, and you replied, and then began lolling over the hooplah your comment on clothing=characterization made. Then you have the nerve to say "your opinions, keep them to yourselves" after instigating the topic, and repeatedly poking it with a stick.

I don't see Tifa--or anything--as a God/Goddess, but I do take offense when people assert themselves as a feminist with clearly misogynistic views. Yes.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
There's also no inclination that she didn't. Nor did she ever have any bf in those 7 years. But I don't want to get into that whole "prove they did, prove they didn't" shit because that just has no end.

You shouldn't have brought it up then.

Also, a girl pining over the same guy for what? 7 years, seems generally shy around men not her friends, and spends most of her time working in a bar/blowing shit up.

Not to mention she's an incredibly dangerous woman which is a turn off for a lot of average men.

Assumptions, an ass they make you.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I know, I'm just saying that if she was really bothered by Aerith, she would have done something about it. So either she wasn't bothered, or she's a doormat.
She's a doormat for not staking a claim on a man whom she has no reason to suspect returns her feelings?

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where she just opened her legs for him? But I guess it makes sense she's offering herself to Cloud seeing as she's doing a job her first love suggested she should do.

Really, you people read far too much into it.
She never has sex with him, but she flirts with him constantly.

There's also no inclination that she didn't.
There's no indication that Yuffie doesn't have nightly orgies with Barret, Cid, and Vincent either, but in the absence of information indicating that an event has occurred in a work of fiction it's generally acceptable to assume it hasn't.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
There, I just offended half the board. :P
Wait, only half when you insulted both girls? Was the other half totally gunning for Yuffie, then? :hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom