The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Vendel would like to ask when Cloud and Aerith were romantically involved. He doesn't understand how people can just assume they were involved.

/gopher

Cloud and Aerith were romantically involved beneath the Highwin---er, wait, no. He called her his girlfrie---oops, huh. Oh, oh! He gave her a flower...no, well, he BOUGHT a flower from her...to give to another girl...hmmm... Oh, I got it! he woke up NEXT to her--hmph. Nope. He's loved her since he was a boy in Niblehei--wait, where's Aerith from again?

Damn it, I give up.

Also, send Vendel my regards!

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
"Romantically involved" is different from "cared about romantically" (which is what Zee said), though.

Either way it lacks credence based on compilation.

Yes, Cloud cared about Aerith, but there is no evidence that he cared for her more so than he cared for Zack, Barret, or Marlene.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Also kinda related:

*sings* look what I got!

100_0546.png

100_0549.png

I love how pissed off he looks in the second pic! And look, he's holding an Aerith :monster:
Clerith evidence FTW!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ugh, now Vendel's bitching at me because I apparently posted his message wrong.

"*sigh* You posted my messege wrong and now people are confused. I wondered when Cloud ever cared about Aerith romantically. Not if they were involved. Of course they weren't. But the thing is Cloud never expresses anything romantic towards her"

Quoth Vendel again with heavy spellcheck by moi. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Tell Vendel if he weren't banned he wouldn't have to go through people to relay his messages :monster:

Then tell him I think he'd look dead sexy in a dress.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
Aerith's death scene is often looked at one of the biggest things pointing to Clerith in the game. They say that Cloud's reaction is too strong to be one over a mere friend(it's them putting being a friend down, too, like if Aerith is a friend and not a lover, that it is a terrible thing and very insulting to her).

And then in AC they think of Cloud's guilt over Aerith like it just came out of nowhere, and it isn't like a huge part of Cloud's personality, a big fixation and hang-up for him tat he's had since a boy(and i could be a butt and say that it comes back to Tifa, too) . Like it started with her death, and now any other guilt or regret he feels is directly tied to Aerith, because he failed his lover.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Ninira, show Vendel the last page and ask him if he thinks I'm hot.

Like it started with her death, and now any other guilt or regret he feels is directly tied to Aerith, because he failed his lover.
Well I think he was worried he wouldn't be able to save Denzel like he couldn't save Aerith.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Which is fair enough. It's awesome that you're not batshit crazy about it like some people, lol. "CLOTEE IS BAD BECAUSE TIFAZ A HO". I actually don't mind Channy thinking the way she does about Tifa, because it's her honest opinion that had a reason behind it. While I don't agree with the reasoning, it's far better than just being plain moronic.

Exactly. You asked for my honest opinion and I gave. It wasn't what people wanted to hear, but that's what I think. Rapid Clerith answer would have been more like "zomg tifa such a ho she slept wif evry1 wen clod wuz gawn an she slept wif hem 2 an den left him 4 baret." :awesome:

@Everything you said back to me:
I'd say Aerith was very clingy, and I can't blame her. Look what happened to Zack in the past, and now this guy that reminds her of him shows up, and even fell through her roof the same way Zack did. Aerith wouldn't let Cloud leave her house- and she was persistent to join him no matter how many times he told her that it was too dangerous. While I admire that, I'm not going to deny that it's being rather clingy. Aerith really was all about sticking to Cloud, too. She interacted with him often, more than anyone else I'd say. And, as I said before, even knowing that Tifa has an interest in him (and optional if she knows Cloud has an interest in Tifa), she will remind him of the date and openly flirt with him.

Well when you put it like that, I see your point and it does come off as clingy but not in a necessary bad way. Aerith just wants to love someone. ;_;

It's offensive because Tifa wouldn't do that. It's made clear that she has in her heart one man, and one man only. Her character creators have made that quite clear. True, it is 'just a game', but that doesn't justify the right to call something slutty, when it isn't. The game and characters have heavy influences on the people that experience them. Some people find things they can relate to with certain characters, and become really attached. While I think it's going too far to start flame and hate wars over pixels, I feel it's just fine to defend them.

Yah I know. I could/should have been more tactful about what I said and how I phrased it, but I think it's become obvious to people that I don't think when I type. :awesome: And also when quoting posts, thoughts come into mind but after reading 3 pages and finally getting to the reply, that thought's usually gone and I insert something else to make it more relevant. So yeah, calling Tifa a slut the whole time, not one of my better ideas but I'd like to reiterate but this was my first initial thought when I was presented her in the game.

True, seven years is quite a bit of time for shit to go down, but if something like another relationship happened, the creators would have made that clear to us. I really hope you're not offended, Channy. :( I'm not calling your opinion moronic, or stupid, but I do think that it's incorrect. And since this is techincally a debate thread. :awesome: I just want to say that I do respect your opinion, though I disagree. :)

I know baby, and I thank you for it. You've always been so sweet to me.

All for the Chanz. <3

<33

!!!I don't think people should be calling you a rapid Clerith, or say that you're spouting bullshit. Now, that's offensive to me. You're not a fictional character, you're real. And I don't think it's fair to insult you when you were nice enough to offer up your honest opinions. Are fail pictures towards you really necessary? I mean, come on. That's just disrespectful, especially in a debate. If you were a complete idiot, that'd be a different story, but you're not.
ilu

It was just shocking to me to see such reactions from people over a game. I guess that was my main emotion when reading the thread, not so much disrespected or butthurt, just surprised at how my thoughts had pushed everyone's buttons like that, and unintentionally to boot.

ilu2moar

What happens when people are afraid or reluctant to call "bullshit" when they see bullshit only perpetuates a cycle wherein things such as 'clothing=character' go misaddressed or ignored or scoffed off as "incorrect information."

Yes, like Channy. She seems like a decent kid. But don't ignore inflammatory comments or ridiculous social commentary simply because it was about a fictional character. I don't give a rats ass if she likes Tifa. Not everyone does. But I do care--vehemently--when a female proclaims herself a feminist and then spouts out nonsense regarding sexual promiscuity based on the length of a skirt. No. just, no. That's bullshit.

I guess what I neglected to mention was that I didn't intend for the feminist comment to come off as "YO I'MA FEMINIST BISCH". I had slightly mentioned that previous arguments and discussions had included radical feminism ways.... but what I left OUT was that times have changed with me. A bf an shit has left me tied down and learning my place in the kitchen.

Ergo, not so feminist now.

Again, sorry for the misinterpretation.

Since nobody seems to have mentioned this, I&#8217;m going to go on and throw it out there:

Many Clerith have claimed that in AC/ACC, Cloud leaves Tifa because he wants to be reunited with Aerith, despite the fact that ACC practically bashed it into our heads that he left because he was looking for a cure for Denzel, felt guilty about the deaths of two very close friends, ect. Now if Cloud and Aerith have this &#8220;undying love&#8221; for each other, and Aerith, who is watching over her distraught lover from above, sees how miserable Cloud is without her, why doesn&#8217;t she keep him in the lifestream with her when she&#8217;s given the chance?

Instead, she sends him back without a scratch. Either the poor girl is blind, or this whole lovers after death thing just isn&#8217;t happening.

See the issue I have with that is that's an incredible selfish and bitchy thing to do, no matter who you ship, be it Clerith, Cloti, or Clack. Pulling a loved one into death through accidental means and keeping them there for your own gain is a selfish thing to do, and nothing that Aerith or Tifa would ever do. I can safely say that if the roles were reversed, Tifa would probably release Cloud back to irl.

Well... well... does it hafta be so mean? ;_; -twiddles thumbs- I'm biased when it comes to Channy, is all. She'z meh bby. :awesome:

An I love being your bby <33

In most cases the response was directed at the disturbing "opinion" and not specific to Channy herself. Only when the debate increased did it become harsher, and I'm hard pressed to think of anyone calling Channy any names... I could be wrong. **shrug**

Nah, nobody called names, the worst of it was that Mako just threatened to warn me for trolling (which I wasn't), posted fail pic after rage pic, and then unleashed all the anger of anti-Clerithism that festered inside him for months. Sure some of it could have been offensive, there was a paragraph of his that actually really surprised me to read that would be reported were he not on staff, but most of it was fine.

The Man said:
The only post I would consider to be particularly mean would be Mako's, and that was only because Mako is always like that. :monster
Fixxed :monster:

This pretty much. :monster:

Okay, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't like... attacking her. Thinking someone's opinion is wrong is one thing, but insulting them personally for it is another case. Seto's big OMG FAIL post is what particularly caught my eye so... I don't even know if Channy is even bothered by it, so maybe I should shut mai whore mouth. :awesome: Thanks for clarifying. :)

I still love you bby, thanks so much for feeling obligated to try and defend me. <3

To be honest, and I'm not trying to be a 'rabid cloti' or anything, but I feel like Cloud shows a different emotion when Tifa almost dies/gets hurt.

Not to say that Aerith's death scene wasn't one of the saddest moment in like, any FF or that it wasn't important, but the scene doesn't scream *love* to me at all. I agree with what most of you are saying: that this is about the tragedy of Aerith, a beloved comrade and very special woman losing her life.

I noticed this too actually... During VII when Aerith dies he just rages at Sephiroth... because it was such a sudden thing no one was expecting. And regarding Tifa it was more of a "zomg wtf is wrong with me I let her get hurt again" rage at himself... before he passes out. :monster:

Also regarding KH I always and STILL think it was regarding INNER light, for all the reasons Raquel already stated. But can someone tell me wtf AU stands for? :awesome:

nvm figured it out, alternate universe.

:facepalm:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay guys remember my Sims experiment? Well... I'm gonna try again with a completely fail proof design.

So I am about to solve the love triangle once and for all. I'll be back with results :monster:

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Well I think he was worried he wouldn't be able to save Denzel like he couldn't save Aerith.

It's not all about Aerith. That's the way they act. Nothing that came before her matters.

I thought Zack was a part of that scene, too? If you mean that ACC scene.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Either way it lacks credence based on compilation.

Yes, Cloud cared about Aerith, but there is no evidence that he cared for her more so than he cared for Zack, Barret, or Marlene.

I think it's a vast oversimplification to compare Cloud's affections for Aeris to a comrade like Barret, when there is a significant difference in closeness and how he treats them. As for Zack, it's comparable and I will give you that since they are both shown in Cloud's headlist of Very Important People.

In any case, there is sufficient evidence in the complication to support him caring about her romantically. Even excluding optional responses, he storms ShinRa for her, agrees to go out on a date with her, has sharey talk time with her more than anyone else, and claims that nothing else matters after she's dead. So yes, while you can shrug it off as "they were just super special friends", the interpretation of some romantic feelings brewing is far from unfounded.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Welp my experiment is over.

Everyone except Channing is wrong, Cloud not only chose Aerith but he and Aerith beat up Tifa O_O

Vids coming soon if anyone cares.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Welp my experiment is over.

Everyone except Channing is wrong, Cloud not only chose Aerith but he and Aerith beat up Tifa O_O

Vids coming soon if anyone cares.
Are you sure you weren't just playing Ergiezhanscismwhateverit'scalled?

(Aerith is that girl with the long silver hair, right?)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Nope I was playing Sims. :awesome:

Does anyone have a pic of the LTD I can use?... I'm finding some but.. there's no "you can use with permission" and I don't wanna steal anyone's art.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I think it's a vast oversimplification to compare Cloud's affections for Aeris to a comrade like Barret,
Considering you can "date" Barret, I fail to see how he's not comparative to Aerith... but I'll concede Cloud may not have )in-game) a super soft spot for Barret.

In any case, there is sufficient evidence in the complication to support him caring about her romantically. Even excluding optional responses, he storms ShinRa for her, agrees to go out on a date with her, has sharey talk time with her more than anyone else, and claims that nothing else matters after she's dead. So yes, while you can shrug it off as "they were just super special friends", the interpretation of some romantic feelings brewing is far from unfounded.

Storming Shin-Ra really isn't all that romantic. Aerith gave herself up to save Marlene, and was involved because of Cloud and Co. He'd be a dick to just let her rot in their hands.

The date is completely laughable in that although he agrees, there are alternative options to "the date". He does agree, but again, during circumstances that weren't exactly "romantic".

He has sharey talk time with her because she stalks follows him, or includes herself in everything he does. Right from the moment he falls out of the sky ala Zackie-style.

As for the death scene...Tifa's reaction is more romantic than Cloud's...

Tifa kneels next to Aerith. She reaches up and touches
Aerith's face, her hair, then covers her mouth, squeezes her eyes shut, and
runs off. Cloud walks over to Aerith. He gently picks her up and carries
her to the secluded pool.

Also, when does he say nothing else matters? Immediately following her death he delivers a little "Holy fuck I'm crazy, guys, but I'm pissed so I'm still gonna go after Sephiroth. Wanna come make sure I don't go batshit insane along the way?"

Actual dialogue:

Cloud
"That's why I should quit this journey."
"Before I do something terrible."

(He raises one fist. He is shaking.)

Cloud
"But I am going."
"He destroyed my hometown five years ago, killed Aerith, and is
now trying to destroy the Planet. I'll never forgive... Sephiroth."

(He stops shaking but does not lower his fist.)

Cloud
"I must go on."

(He lowers it.)

Cloud
"...I have a favor to ask of you."
"Will you all come with me?"

(He looks up and shakes his head.)

Cloud
"...to save me from doing something terrible."

Confused, irrational, "who the fuck am I?" Cloud probably had an attraction to Aerith--she was sweet and fresh and openly flirtatious, but long standing romantic interest/feelings? No. Sorry.

Isabella

Your Mom
Zee, I'm cool with what you're saying. If Cloud had romantic interest in Aerith but it was never an established romance (an idea I'm open to), then an "I love you" would be out of place.

My puzzlement is aimed at the more extreme view of Clerith. You know, the spirit-bonding, "Cloud has zero interest in his mom Tifa and is meeting up in flowerfields" brand of Clerith. I think a love that powerful and all-encompassing would warrant more professions of love on both sides.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
I think it's a vast oversimplification to compare Cloud's affections for Aeris to a comrade like Barret, when there is a significant difference in closeness and how he treats them. As for Zack, it's comparable and I will give you that since they are both shown in Cloud's headlist of Very Important People.

I wouldn't call it a vast oversimplification. Eh.

But of course none of them are the same, the all mean different things to Cloud.

In any case, there is sufficient evidence in the complication to support him caring about her romantically. Even excluding optional responses,
he storms ShinRa for her,
There wasn't anything romantic about this. They didn't take any pains to have Cloud act like romantic interest in Aerith made him storm the place and rescue her from the evil clutches of Shinra.

They see Aerith in the helicopter with Tseng, Tifa reacts before he does. Cloud doesn't do anything, he doesn't even say anything when Tseng slaps Aerith. He decides to go to Shinra headquarters to rescue her, but he doesn't act antsy, he's thinking about something else - Sephiroth and the Ancients.

Barret and Tifa show just as much concern for her. Just as much resolve to get her out of there.

agrees to go out on a date with her,
Sure, but she still has to push him out the door when the time comes. He never acts enthusiastic before it happens, Aerith is always the one to bring it up and Cloud never gives much of a response, and on the date Cloud acts like a complete jellyfish.

has sharey talk time with her more than anyone else,
Really? Can you give some examples?

and claims that nothing else matters after she's dead.
I think that's stretching his words a bit. He told Sephiroth to quit blabbering on because Aerith had just been killed. It's not like he was despairing and giving up because he couldn't do anything without her with him.

EDIT - Ooops. Late again. :/

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
My puzzlement is aimed at the more extreme view of Clerith. You know, the spirit-bonding, "Cloud has zero interest in his mom Tifa and is meeting up in flowerfields" brand of Clerith. I think a love that powerful and all-encompassing would warrant more professions of love on both sides.

Oh, yeah, I agree with you 100% there. There's always the argument that "Most FF Couple don't have to say I love you, you just know it"...but that still doesn't really fly, because by the end of it all he's still going to live with Tifa and raise kids.

@Fairheart

Storming Shin-Ra really isn't all that romantic. Aerith gave herself up to save Marlene, and was involved because of Cloud and Co. He'd be a dick to just let her rot in their hands.

Cloud did it so he wouldn't look/feel like a dick? Er. That's a rather stiff and professional way of looking at an act of kindness, imo. :|

As for the death scene...Tifa's reaction is more romantic than Cloud's...

As a rabid Aerti shipper, I wholeheartedly agree. :awesome:

Also, when does he say nothing else matters?

Retracted - the actual quote was more like "You and your stupid plan don't matter anymore. Aeris is dead"... yadda yadda. He is still claiming that at that moment, his most important goal is meaningless in the face of her death. I think that's a pretty heavy thing to say.

Cloud probably had an attraction to Aerith--she was sweet and fresh and openly flirtatious, but long standing romantic interest/feelings? No. Sorry.

...I'm really not sure how often I have to say this, but I'm not suggesting Cloud and Aeris had a long standing tru wuvs forever type of deal going on. I believe that they probably had budding romantic feelings and flirtation, but that doesn't detract from what Cloud and Tifa currently have and I'm befuddled when it's treated like it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom