The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
*sighs*

Last time I checked, sports bras were, like bras, worn UNDER your usual clothing :monster:

I think that the design being fucked up was pretty clear - is there any way to have each boob separated from the other like that? LOLOL.

She's still wearing a top. And again, for having worn tops as short as Tifa's, the way the cloth hugs her where her ribs should be are is like, totally natural.

Can we move the fuck on now? :monster:

@The Man: thank you for accuracy :monster:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
So you're saying there IS something naughty going on between Ghepetto and Pinnochio?
And Sora didn't look for his light in the slightest.

I don't understand how you got any of that from "KH was all about finding your light in the sense of your romantic interest, for example Belle and the Beast. Sora found Kairi but continued to look for his light in KH2 right? KH2 on the other hand is all about finding your inner light, not a certain someone. " Please elaborate.

And if KH is about finding your romantic light, well Cloud was looking for sephiroth.

Who is his darkness as stated in KH:FM so he definitely can't be his romantic light. Yes, he is searching for Sephiroth but he is also in loss of his light and searching for it as suggested by:
KH Script said:
Cloud: I’m looking for someone. Hades promised to help. I tried to exploit the
power of darkness, but it backfired. (stands up) I fell into darkness, and
couldn’t find the light.

Sora: You’ll find it. I’m searching, too.

Cloud: For your light? Don’t lose sight of it.
Link or quote for the 'KH is about romantic light, KH2 inner light' bullshit?

xAerith mentioned that Nomura said something about Cloud's reunion in an interview so I asked her for a link or quote to it as it may help us to better understand what that scene in the credits was all about.

KH2 is inner light as Sora, the main character, is looking for his inner light. KH is about other people being your light (which is often because they are a romantic interest) as Sora is looking for his light who is a romantic interest called Kairi. It's the common themes evident when you play each game, a quote shouldn't be necessary.

And yet she was proven correct.

Agreed.

Except, no... unless you have a quote for us.

See where you quoted my 'bullshit'.

Yes. And probably was running for what he believed were noble reasons like in AC/C.

Agreed.

It's also Zack, his mom, his hometown, the kids, Tifa...
You also mangled that quote. It's the LIGHT of the present.

I directly quoted what xAerith said. If the quote is different to what she said then please bring the correct quote in full to our attention.

Yes that factors in as well, but I was inserting in Aerith because xAerith missed her out and her death is a big contributer to his guilt.

They are light and darkness.

I'm glad it's that simple.

But Cloud calls Sephiroth his darkness in KH:FM.

I was talking about KH2, the cut scene is from KH2. KH was different in that people tended to be light and be darkness but In KH2 the recurrent theme is inner darkness and inner light. Hence why Sephiroth talks about Cloud's own darkness and is never referred to as being Cloud's darkness in KH2. Which brings us back to Tifa therefore not being able to be Cloud's light in this sequel.

Again, bullshit. A 'light transfer' happens in KH as well, and does so the same frickin' way. There's even a difference in the color of the light from person to person and no sign of it intervening. It's a light transfer. simple as that.

Could you provide a youtube video showing a light transfer between two other characters. Then we can all be utterly convinced of what you've said.

Except Cloud was never looking for her. He was looking for SEPHIROTH.

I've addressed this above.

The fact that they wanted Tifa as more than a token cameo but an actual a ally in battle is what.
Tifa's appearence in KH2 is more of a cameo considering that it was decided Sephiroth and Aerith were priorities to put in before her in both games.

paoo

♥
As the above quote of Nomura tells us, Cloud is indeed running from something and this something is Tifa, or at least the "something warm" that "she was after in AC". He was aware of her chasing him.

Exactly. He is running away from "something warm". Like he's running away from his family in AC.

The past is also Aerith, his failure to protect her and her death. The latter was what was troubling Cloud in AC/C and considering that Nomura is paralleling KH2 Cloud to AC Cloud it's safe to say it is Aerith's death that he is referring to.

Tifa and Sephiroth is more "past" if you ask me.

Nomura never said that was so. He implied one could see it that way but not that it was straight forward fact. Although obviously she must be light if Sephiroth is darkness. However: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDC9NlDN00 at 1:03 Sephiroth talks about Cloud's darkness calling him, so he himself isn't Cloud's darkness. Therefore Tifa can't equate to Cloud's own light.

Sephiroth was created out of the darkness in Cloud's heart.
So... what meaning do Tifa have in KH2 then? Why did they even put her in the game if she's not supposted to give her light to him, or anything. It seems like it is her only task through the game.

To which Cloud replies "I just...don't know". He then starts glowing from within implying he found is own inner light, he did not take hers.

-"I just..."
-"But I..."

It's all the same through AC too. He is doubts himself.

Once again I'd like to reiterate that Aerith looks very much like Cloud's light in KH which is all about finding that someone special. On the other hand Tifa is only shown as a light in contrast to Sephiroth being darkness in KH2.

Oh, so Pinocchio thought his "father" was his lover then?
So you admit that Tifa is a light, in contrast to Sephiroth, who is darkness? Light and darkness of what? It's all connected to Cloud.

Anyway, I don't have a problem if Aerith were Cloud's light. Try to convince me :monster:

To others: And no, Tifa does NOT wear a sport-bra, it's a friggin shirt. Get over it.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Well if he fucked up, then he fucked up and drew Tifa in a sports bra, because that's what she's wearing. If you want to leave it at "Nomura's a douche and incorrectly drew Tifa in a sports bra," that's fine with me.

Although then her design would be flawed in two aspects, because she really ought to be wearing a sports bra.

yeah well given clarification by the current render and when comparing it to the original it seems pretty clear to me that it's not a sports bra. But I can see how the way he drew it would make someone think it was.

But whatever lady. As far as designs go, almost none of them are designed for practicality. Barret walks around bare chested with a metal girder wrapped around his gut and a goddamn gatling gun for a hand(which makes no sense at all, NONE).

Nomura did what he thought would look good.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I was talking about KH2, the cut scene is from KH2. KH was different in that people tended to be light and be darkness but In KH2 the recurrent theme is inner darkness and inner light. Hence why Sephiroth talks about Cloud's own darkness and is never referred to as being Cloud's darkness in KH2. Which brings us back to Tifa therefore not being able to be Cloud's light in this sequel.
Okay, this makes me lul. "If ONLY Tifa had shown up one game earlier, THEN she could have been his light! Instead, she's just a useless bint who shows up for no reason." :awesome: I don't remember much about ones INNER Light and INNER Darkness, examples plz? Cause it seems like there are just too damn many lights flying around in the game, and it's making me dizzy.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
yeah well given clarification by the current render and when comparing it to the original it seems pretty clear to me that it's not a sports bra. But I can see how the way he drew it would make someone think it was.

But whatever lady. As far as designs go, almost none of them are designed for practicality. Barret walks around bare chested with a metal girder wrapped around his gut and a goddamn gatling gun for a hand(which makes no sense at all, NONE).

Nomura did what he thought would look good.

Also, tbfh, given the purpose of Avalanche and the kind of shit they encountered, they should all be wearing tactical body armor and carrying heavy weapons. Not swords and spears lawl.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Exactly. He is running away from "something warm". Like he's running away from his family in AC.

Indeed. My point was that he is running away form something which is Tifa and that "something warm", while you were suggesting he wasn't at all aware of being pursued.

Tifa and Sephiroth is more "past" if you ask me.
It's all his past. He's referring to all of it.

Sephiroth was created out of the darkness in Cloud's heart.
In which game?

So... what meaning do Tifa have in KH2 then? Why did they even put her in the game if she's not supposted to give her light to him, or anything. It seems like it is her only task through the game.
For the opposing reason Sephiroth was put in. Sephiroth is his enemy and Tifa is his ally. Tifa's task was probably to aid Cloud and help him find his own inner light.

-"I just..."
-"But I..."

It's all the same through AC too. He is doubts himself.
Yes, that's right.

Oh, so Pinocchio thought his "father" was his lover then?
KH script said:
Pinocchio: Jiminy, let’s go find Father!

I see your point, just because a character is trying to find another it doesn't necessarily mean they are their romantic interest but we know Cloud was looking for Sephiroth who is definitely not his romantic interest either. And unlike Pinochio, Cloud does mention trying to find light so there's no reason for us to think Pinochio's father is somehow his light, nevermind his romantic interest and it can't actually be compared to Cloud's little story. The thing is Aerith could well be the light he is looking for on top of his search for Sephiroth in KH1. As Tifa is not there and he does meet Aerith at the end any regular player would assume she is his light. Nomura set it up like this so is this what he wanted to tell us?

So you admit that Tifa is a light, in contrast to Sephiroth, who is darkness? Light and darkness of what? It's all connected to Cloud.
Yes that's obvious. According to Cloud himself, Sephiroth "embodies all the darkness in him" so Tifa must embody all the light in him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIft6YDOrlE

Oh dear, did I just trip myself up? Tifa does embody all his light in KH2 then. But is that meant to imply anything romantic about their relationship? It also doesn't address whether Aerith is his light in KH1, these are two separate games.

And just so we're all clear on the meaning of embody:
Wiktionary said:
to embody (third-person singular simple present embodies, present participle embodying, simple past and past participle embodied)

1. (transitive) To represent in a physical form; to incarnate or personify
  2. (transitive) To include or represent, especially as part of a cohesive whol
To others: And no, Tifa does NOT wear a sport-bra, it's a friggin shirt. Get over it.
QFT. It's a belly-button top IMO. In fact, everyone has their own opinions, let's leave it at that.

Okay, this makes me lul. "If ONLY Tifa had shown up one game earlier, THEN she could have been his light! Instead, she's just a useless bint who shows up for no reason." :awesome:

I never said that. Where did that come from?

I don't remember much about ones INNER Light and INNER Darkness, examples plz? Cause it seems like there are just too damn many lights flying around in the game, and it's making me dizzy.
I think there's quite a few references to inner light and darkness etc. But in direct reference to Cloud:

KH2 Script said:
Sora: I'm sure there's some light in him somewhere.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
think there's quote a few references to inner light and darkness etc. But in direct reference to Cloud:
Then who's to say he wasn't looking for his inner light in KH1? Besides the fact he was looking for Sephiroth, that is. :awesome: Perhaps the light he lost sight of was his "inner" light and not a romantic "outer" light?

I never said that. Where did that come from?
Passive-aggressive rage at people who argued that since Tifa wasn't in KH1 she is completely unimportant to the overall story. :monster:

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I don't understand how anyone can take KH seriously enough to debate over it. It was just a silly kids' game to me. I couldn't even finish it. I don't need Donald quacking at me.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
I'm thirteen, and I like Disney classics. And I couldn't play KH1 or 2. :nah:

The only reason I wanna play through them is so I could fuss with people about whatever LT would be in it. But I skimmed the script, and saw that quote from Nomura.

There doesn't seem to be anything mysterious about it.

paoo

♥
Indeed. My point was that he is running away form something which is Tifa and that "something warm", while you were suggesting he wasn't at all aware of being pursued.

I was more reffering to the "something warm" point. But yes, I was wrong as first.

In which game?

KH? :lol:

For the opposing reason Sephiroth was put in. Sephiroth is his enemy and Tifa is his ally. Tifa's task was probably to aid Cloud and help him find his own inner light.

I can agree on that. Cloud may have found his "inner light".

I see your point, just because a character is trying to find another it doesn't necessarily mean they are their romantic interest but we know Cloud was looking for Sephiroth who is definitely not his romantic interest either. And unlike Pinochio, Cloud does mention trying to find light so there's no reason for us to think Pinochio's father is somehow his light, nevermind his romantic interest and it can't actually be compared to Cloud's little story. The thing is Aerith could well be the light he is looking for on top of his search for Sephiroth in KH1. As Tifa is not there and he does meet Aerith at the end any regular player would assume she is his light. Nomura set it up like this so is this what he wanted to tell us?

Is this your point?
Cloud have lost his light, and is trying to find it. In the credits he meets up with Aerith.
Sora have lost his light, and is trying to find it. Finally he meets up with Kairi.

But....

Cloud is also reunited with Cid, Leon and Yuffie.
Sora is also reunited with Riku.

Sorry, I didn't make sense nao. :sadpanda:

Oh dear, did I just trip myself up? Tifa does embody all his light in KH2 then. But is that meant to imply anything romantic about their relationship? It also doesn't address whether Aerith is his light in KH1, these are two separate games.

It still has the same story? But I just realized that KH and FF7 are seperate games, and doesn't affect eachother. :monster:

Does Nomura just wants to give us some fanservice? I do believe so...
It's still weird that SE says: "Cloud and Tifa came to realize their feelings for eachother" and then they put Cloud and Aerith in a game that makes them look like lovers, hm? :awesome: But.. I shouldn't probably take the "Cloud's Light Debate" so seriously, but it's still fun. :reptar: And I shouldn't compare KH to FF7...

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I don't see how anyone can argue about a game at all, particularly something so obscure as some character's clothing choice. Sure, debate some confusion on plot holes or characters changing throughout the story, but when you get blow an artery over what top a chick is wearing you gotta feel....silly.

Or maybe I don't care enough about it, I dunno. I mean Aerith and Tifa both seemed very slutty what with the all of one or two guys the pursued throughout the entirty of the series. You know, girls are such whores by pursuing guys they like. Such sluts!

Takes one to know one though eh? :p

(Btw, don't read Dragonlance xD)

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I don't see how anyone can argue about a game at all, particularly something so obscure as some character's clothing choice. Sure, debate some confusion on plot holes or characters changing throughout the story, but when you get blow an artery over what top a chick is wearing you gotta feel....silly.
I think arguing that a girl is a slut based solely on what she wears is stupid. But that's just me. :sadpanda:

Isabella

Your Mom
I think arguing that a girl is a slut based solely on what she wears is stupid. But that's just me. :sadpanda:
That the word "slut" is bandied about so casually is the real issue to me. I'd love to see that word disappear from the language, unless it can be used equally as casually to describe men. That's what actual feminism is: allowing both sexes the same opportunities and holding them to the same standards.

But enough being serious ... let's get back to sports bras and quacking ducks. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That the word "slut" is bandied about so casually is the real issue to me. I'd love to see that word disappear from the language, unless it can be used equally as casually to describe men. That's what actual feminism is: allowing both sexes the same opportunities and holding them to the same standards.

But enough being serious ... let's get back to sports bras and quacking ducks. :monster:
Always preferred calling men whores.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't understand how anyone can take KH seriously enough to debate over it. It was just a silly kids' game to me. I couldn't even finish it. I don't need Donald quacking at me.

Stopped taking KH seriously when I found out Sefiros was a part of Cloud.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
From Ultimania Omega:

tanktop.jpg

Calls it a tank top (タンクトップ). Disagreement over :awesome:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
And hito saved the day :monster:

Also, who can take KH seriously when you have effin' Donald in your party? LOL.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Who can take KH seriously when Mickey Mouse is with you? TOTAL GHEYNESS :awesomonster:
Who can take KH seriously when Leon has some weird mullet thing going on? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Who can take KH seriously when Leon has some weird mullet thing going on? :monster:

FUCK YOU mullets are boss.

Unless you're saying Squall can't pull it off, in which case you'd be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom