The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
@ Quexinos: I would assume that how the Japanese view it is more important than how other people view it, because simply put, they're natives and they know the language and 'symbolism' behind the game, and other people can see it the way Japanese people see it. That you have to be BORN in Japan in order to understand the game fully.

Which of course, is complete and utter bull, unless I should now start making up the real theory into the Korean War because I'm a Korean person.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Err no I got it Mako :monster: It was made up, I understood that.

My point is... even if the interview DID happen... why are these people so important anyway?
has anyone told them there's no such thing as a WacDonalds? Cause I'm tempted to do that.

You'll be banned in a heartbeat if you do. Or at least warned.

Many people before you have tried it. And they've all failed summarily. That's why it's still up there.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
If so many people have tried, you'd think that they'd... you know... CHANGE IT :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That implies a level of logic, rationality, and honesty that is simply lacking at that forum, dear. I love how new to fandom you appear to be. It's really quaint and endearing at the same time. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I love how new to fandom you appear to be. It's really quaint and endearing at the same time.
Again, my sig is full guys, knock it off. And thanks for taking me under your wing :awesome:

I'm just new to the LT, not the whole fandom. I never once participated in it before... and frankly, I'm glad I didn't.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You know this IS the world where Cloud and Aerith are having spirit sex. Is it so far fetched that somehow some people got sent to the InuYasha world for the interview? :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That would be a new level of sadness and low, for that fandom. Seriously. Faking kiddie drawings so you can have evidence. Ouch...

The WacDonalds fiasco along with "koi_bito" is bad enough. Leave the children out of this, please.

Remember Angelalex's plan to poll his girlfriend's what was it, first grade class on Advent Children?

McDonald's Expy in Inuyasha and I guess IRL Japan. Though I'm pretty sure I went to a Makkudonarudosu. :awesome:

WacDonalds is about as genuine and MacDowels and the Gold Arcs.

Err no I got it Mako :monster: It was made up, I understood that.

My point is... even if the interview DID happen... why are these people so important anyway?

Because someone got it stuck in their head that whatever the japanese say- or you can claim they said- is law.
Are you unfamiliar with the infamous Naru and the Carp of Love?

has anyone told them there's no such thing as a WacDonalds? Cause I'm tempted to do that.

They've been told repeatedly. They've been asked on several occasions to prove it exists.

When they FINALLY provided evidence... It was MickieDee's. Sign even SAID McDonald's.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It's not uncommon for a fandom to fight over a Japanese word. The OP fandom has Nakama to fight about.

Hito, could you tell us what nakama means :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Doesn't nakama basically mean friends that are closer than family? Like the sort of "I trust my life with you!" friends?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
You know this IS the world where Cloud and Aerith are having spirit sex. Is it so far fetched that somehow some people got sent to the InuYasha world for the interview? :awesome:

OHLOLHAHAHAHAHA :awesome:

I'm sure they had fun interviewing Kagome and friends. :awesome:

Splintered

unsavory tart
The whole koibito nonsense was actually one of the reasons why I signed up here. It was one of my first times on this website and I saw the flamewar. I kind of lol'd and wondered who could possible get this uppity about it.
It's not uncommon for a fandom to fight over a Japanese word. The OP fandom has Nakama to fight about.

Hito, could you tell us what nakama means :monster:
Hur, I was in the Naruto fandom and we had these fights all the time, about every single thing. At that time we had three or four "regular" translators but everyone fancied themselves an expert.

You could tell who were the ones just copy and pasting descriptions of the words anyway. They usually were the ones that called other people's translations "horrible" and screaming that the translator was biased.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
You could tell who were the ones just copy and pasting descriptions of the words anyway. They usually were the ones that called other people's translations "horrible" and screaming that the translator was biased.

So pretty much the same as in the FFVII fandom then :awesome:

Splintered

unsavory tart
So pretty much the same as in the FFVII fandom then :awesome:
It seems so.

In general, I found that the people who get pissed about other people's translations are the ones who are ignorant about the hard work that goes into it. Even if other translators disagreed, they always discussed it properly.

People treat language like it's exactly like Spanish 101 in highschool, and don't realize that it's usually very flexible. Even if Japanese is that strict, English is not.

I did in fact enjoy that geocities webpage description of koibito and the wonderful irony that it would have now as they now have to effectively troll their own arguments.

Although, now I'm wondering what the hell is going on with the koi bito vs koibito business. Someone tl;dr it for me.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Although, now I'm wondering what the hell is going on with the koi bito vs koibito business. Someone tl;dr it for me.

Koi bito is basically for Tifa. Tifa is a koi bito. This means she's a 'nice person/fishpeople'.

Koibito is for Aerith. Aerith is a koibito. This means she's a lover to Cloud.

Backpedalling anyone? :awesome:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Koi bito is basically for Tifa. Tifa is a koi bito. This means she's a 'nice person/fishpeople'.

Koibito is for Aerith. Aerith is a koibito. This means she's a lover to Cloud.

Backpedalling anyone? :awesome:
wat

Is there... an actual difference in the kanji? If not, what happened to this fandom while I was gone?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
No, there's no difference. The fandom just went batshit. Or rather, a certain small segment of the fandom did :awesomonster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom