The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, you see, Japanese are GODS, and their word is law. Especially when it comes to video games. They come from their own country so they must know absolutely everything about them and be right in every aspect when it comes to VG discussions, rite? :awesome:

Except, of course, when what they say validates C/T. Even if they're the creator and Say Cloud was happy with Tifa.

Japanese people are always more correct than us ignorant and stupid westerners! How can we even DARE try to interpret a Japanese game without consulting an almight Japanese person first?
SHAME on you.

Oh, is that all? Hold on, lemme go ask an entire department worth of faculty who will all conveniently report exactly what I was saying in the first place...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Anyone who knows anything knows that Japanese fans are Clerith, and spend their time happily discussing the obvious Clerith Compilation of FFVII over an order of fries, and a Big Mac at WacDonald's.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Expressions:
'Skin matches' maybe wasn't the best choice, since 'matches' kind of gives it away. But it means to get along well. There's also the similar 'horses match' :monster:

【命の親】 Parent of life
The person who saved you from a desperate situation. The person who saved your life.

【命の洗濯】 Life laundry
To enjoy your time off in order to forget about your everyday troubles and worries. ('Laundry' is used in the sense of 'refreshing' something.)

【面の皮が厚い】 Skin on the face is thick
To act shamelessly.

【ひざが笑う】 Knees laugh
Your knees trembling due to tiredness.

【ひざを崩す】 Break one's knees
To get out of an upright or straight sitting position and sit in a more relaxed one.

【腹が黒い】 Stomach is black
To think of nothing but bad things.

【腹が立つ】 Stomach stands up
To get angry.

Apart from the ones that just don't make sense in English, ones like "life's parent" or "break one's knees" are misleading. Breaking someone's knees has nothing to do with causing someone harm, and the person who saved your life isn't (necessarily) your parent.

Which was a long-winded way of saying yar, reading things literally and expecting them to make more sense is a rather foolish stance to take :monster:

Tets said:
Japanese people are always more correct than us ignorant and stupid westerners!
Us?

No, Luke, I am your father Nomura.

That's why I can never show my pictures, I've got a secret identity to keep :awesome:

Anyone who knows anything knows that Japanese fans are Clerith, and spend their time happily discussing the obvious Clerith Compilation of FFVII over an order of fries, and a Big Mac at WacDonald's.
They've got a Big Mac in Japan, but they don't call it a Big Mac. They call it a "Biggu Wakku".

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Big Wac, Mako. Big Wac.

Expressions:
'Skin matches' maybe wasn't the best choice, since 'matches' kind of gives it away. But it means to get along well. There's also the similar 'horses match' :monster:

【命の洗濯】 Life laundry
To enjoy your time off in order to forget about your everyday troubles and worries. ('Laundry' is used in the sense of 'refreshing' something.)

Or Laundering, IE, to remove the 'taint' such as in money laundering.

【ひざを崩す】 Break one's knees
To get out of an upright or straight sitting position and sit in a more relaxed one.

This makes sense, actually, but only when you think of it along the lines of break position.

Which was a long-winded way of saying yar, reading things literally and expecting them to make more sense is a rather foolish stance to take :monster:

That's foolish in English too, or I'm a monkey's uncle.

Us?

No, Luke, I am your father Nomura.

That's why I can never show my pictures, I've got a secret identity to keep :awesome:

Not that anyone believes us when we tell them we're the SE bigwigs. Hiding in plain site is the best way, though.

Isabella

Your Mom
They're right, after all. Look at the way all English speakers 100% agree on what's canon in English speaking series. All those HarryxHermione shippers must've been foreigners didn't fully understand the complexities of the mother tongue.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
They're right, after all. Look at the way all English speakers 100% agree on what's canon in English speaking series. All those HarryxHermione shippers must've been foreigners didn't fully understand the complexities of the mother tongue.
Well, I like Harry/Luna, and so does Mei. We must have similar genetics to have liked it. :wacky:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Ha, what's that site going to do now since Geocities is going down the drain July.... 13th, I think it was? Hopefully it gets deleted and never comes back. ^_^

I'm aware. The hilarious bit I didn't mention earlier- since the punchline hadn't been set up yet- was that they were talking about two english translations, insisting that 'etching on a mind' wasn't romantic, but that 'engraving on a heart', despite the whole interchangability of the entire sentence (Unless someone honestly believes the 'heart' is a distinct psychological entity from the rest of the mind, but that's bronze age thinking).

Well, Aerith has never been stated to be etched in Cloud's mind, so shouldn't that also be something they should consider? Tifa is mentioned in mind and in heart.

Of course, it's not like Cloud only opening his heart to one woman (Tifa) actually means something romantic. :awesome:

Well, I like Harry/Luna,

I don't like HP at all... what does that mean? D:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Celes Chere]I don't like HP at all... what does that mean? D:

That you are a wise woman. :monster:

In regards to that website, I think we should all play a drinking game. Every time that page mentions a contradiction or piece of circular logic, take a drink of alcohol. Every time she goes on an unrelated tangent...take a drink. And every time she just flat out lies..take a drink.

I promise you, you'll have cirrhosis by the end of the page.

I like this part, particularly:

Actually, I contacted someone who is not only a native Japanese but a professional translator. I sent him a scan of the quote. His impression?

Hiroyuki: "Conclusion: I greatly support your opinion that Nomura was explaining Tifa's traits."

I mean, damn. She contacted A PROFESSOR. That settles it. Clearly only a professor can understand it. :monster:

Oh and this..

Nomura has discovered that it is far more profitable to drop little hints to support ClAeris and little scraps for CloTis to twist. Keeping everyone arguing just keeps us all begging for more, doesn't it? However, the answers are there if you look, imbedded quite subtly into the story.

I adore how its "little hints" for Clerith..but "little scraps" for Cloti. LoL.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I don't like HP at all... what does that mean? D:
It means I like this.

luna-harry.jpg

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I mean, damn. She contacted A PROFESSOR. That settles it. Clearly only a professor can understand it.

LOL. On the flip-side, they've also contacted children. Siblings, etc.
Example:
"My little sister drew Cloud and Aerith together when they only watched me play the game like once! Even they can see that Cloud and Aerith are in love. It's so simple! <333"

It means I like this.

What, bad fashion sense?

Isabella

Your Mom
My thoughts exactly. LOL

Isn't "there's no canon couple" and "Clerith is the intended couple" a contradiction? If there's an intended couple, there's a canon couple, imo.

If geocities is going away I sure hope she's got that place backed up. I mean, she's written pages and pages and pages ...

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
What, bad fashion sense?
I warn you, Tiff, if you diss on Luna's awesome fashion sense again, I'm going to have to make raspberries at your EVA/Big Boss sig. :shifty:

Example:
"My little sister drew Cloud and Aerith together when they only watched me play the game like once! Even they can see that Cloud and Aerith are in love. It's so simple! <333"
MY JAPANESE FRIEND LIKES CLOTI. CLEARLY IT'S CANON. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What happens if a child sees Cloti...?

Oh duh, THEY'RE JUST KIDS! THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! THEY AREN'T MATURE ENOUGH TO SEE THE DEEPER IMPACT AND MEANING OF CLERITH. IT'S JUST CHILDHOOD SILLINESS.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm going to have to make raspberries at your EVA/Big Boss sig.

Lol, do it. I will laugh. :)

(And also murder you)

MY JAPANESE FRIEND LIKES CLOTI. CLEARLY IT'S CANON.

AMAGAD NO WAI. SHE WAS JUST SAYING THAT OUT OF PITY.

What happens if a child sees Cloti...?

You sick bastard! Who would show Cloti to a CHILD? That's corrupting their minds with Tifa's slutty ways! And the tension between Cloud and Tifa is filled with so much hate and heartbreak, it'd just serve as a bad influence. How could you even suggest such a thing happening?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That you are a wise woman. :monster:

In regards to that website, I think we should all play a drinking game. Every time that page mentions a contradiction or piece of circular logic, take a drink of alcohol. Every time she goes on an unrelated tangent...take a drink. And every time she just flat out lies..take a drink.

I promise you, you'll have cirrhosis by the end of the page.

You'll be dead before half a page, never mind cirrhosis at the end.

I like this part, particularly:

I mean, damn. She contacted A PROFESSOR. That settles it. Clearly only a professor can understand it. :monster:

What does it mean that my JP professor said that's bullshit and that it meant roles?
I assure you, he's as Japanese as they come.

And what of the professors who lay their reputations on the line by actually publishing their names and information along with their translations who also say no?

Oh and this..

What's HILARIOUS is the projection going on there.

Example:

They've also done the reverse, such as denouncing their parents for 'imagining' that Tifa was Cloud's woman in AC.
I can't be much more blunt about this than 'blatant double standards'.

What, bad fashion sense?

Two crazed fuckwits together. Only one's more intelligent than the other and I won't say which.

My thoughts exactly. LOL

It's simple propaganda, really. Like when our enemies 'cowardly hide behind brush and rocks' and our soldiers 'effectively utilize the natural terrain to provide cover'.

Isn't "there's no canon couple" and "Clerith is the intended couple" a contradiction? If there's an intended couple, there's a canon couple, imo.

CxA is all about the doubleplus good duckspeak, Bella.

If geocities is going away I sure hope she's got that place backed up. I mean, she's written pages and pages and pages ...

And yet they all say nothing...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
They've also done the reverse, such as denouncing their parents for 'imagining' that Tifa was Cloud's woman in AC.

Lol, my Mother is the wisest of them all. She thought Cloud and Zack were gay. ^_^

But yeah, I've seen that, but I've also seen praise towards parents for watching AC with them for the first time and thinking that Cloud and Aerith were 'SOOO CUTE!'. My parents personally don't give a rats ass, lol.

Only one's more intelligent than the other and I won't say which.

*stares at the picture*
Eenie... Meenie... Miney...

Btw:
ROFL NIN. <33 That was hilarious. Eva's boobs are cute. :)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Lol, my Mother is the wisest of them all. She thought Cloud and Zack were gay. ^_^

They can't be gay. For them to be gay, Cloud would have to be male.

But yeah, I've seen that, but I've also seen praise towards parents for watching AC with them for the first time and thinking that Cloud and Aerith were 'SOOO CUTE!'. My parents personally don't give a rats ass, lol.

Like I said, 'Blatant double standards' is the simplest way to put it.

*stares at the picture*
Eenie... Meenie... Miney...

I'll give you a hint- one of them is a complete and insufferable idiot. The other is not the main character.

Btw:
ROFL NIN. <33 That was hilarious. Eva's boobs are cute. :)

You say that like they aren't normally.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
You say that like they aren't normally.

They're cute with smiley faces on them. Normally they are a perfect wonder to behold. :awesome: I'm straight though, I swear. x;

They can't be gay. For them to be gay, Cloud would have to be male.

I should have explained that to her. :*(

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

lol I can't even get my parents to watch AC. What does that say? :awesome:

A

Great Old One
I forced my brother to watch parts of the movie and he thought Cloud and Tifa were married. :awesome:

But then again, he also said that Cloud was secretly in love with Sephiroth, so D =

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
They're cute with smiley faces on them. Normally they are a perfect wonder to behold. :awesome: I'm straight though, I swear. x;

I think they're cute without the faces too.

I should have explained that to her. :*(

You need to tell people these things before they make any unfounded assumptions Teef, Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom