The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Where is this Cali? Where do you see her posting? I'm confused!

Where do you see this stupidity, I want in. Now.

You already missed her on FFF, and Gaia. The most recent posts by her are at NC. Though, if you put on your shades and go to the CxA Forums, she's roaming around there of course. :monster:
Don't make her mad, though! She'll spam your inbox with "Cloud and Aerith 4 ever" if you do!

Also, I ... I think I might see a representation of Tifa in Cloud's eyes!
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee329/pumpkinspatch/cloudtifaeyes.jpg

Lmao! Win.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Can I have a link? I just want to see her posts first hand, to be honest.

:monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

I know she "debates" at http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/ though I'm not regged there. She's the type of debater that repeats "Aerith loved Cloud much more than her first love!" five times within one post, and if the constant repetition didn't convince you it was true then you were delusional. Talk of context is too difficult and just complicates things, really.

Just for you, Mako ... a specific thread she started.
http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?showtopic=531

http://amoretta.nu/images/zackeye.png

I got a picture of Cloud's eyes where you can see Zack a bit better. His hair link, ear, eye... I don't think I could draw over it without making it not visible.

Cali is infamous for just copy and pasting from CxA/Clerith.com, and debating the Japanese language but also saying, "I don't know how to speak it."

Oh, the Gaia thread... that was painful. You got a funny page though, some Kaleta in there too (another crazy, types a little better).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I love how Ammy just spoke logic and it quickly was dismissed and ignored. How do you dimmly love someone? How does someone being unforgettable equal being in love with them? If that's the case then Sephiroth is definitely Cloud's true love, since he'll NEVER forget what Sephiroth did just for him.

...And bringing up a scrapped idea from FFVII's development as proof is absurd. Wow...

See I want to read this myself to see how they debate. And clearly this would drive me crazy.

And YEAH! Ryushikaze made an appearance. :monster:

Well that debate certainly ended well. They just...ran way.

And I can't believe the crap I'm reading in that Gaia thread. Holy shit. Ehrgeiz?! Someone's actually using Ehrgeiz as a legitimate source material regarding their relationship?!

But this is Gaia. Looking for an intelligent discussion on Gaia is like looking for logic and openness at the Vatican.

Isabella

Your Mom

About the "dim love" thing ... I don't read Japanese, but I'd hope they'd have a better way to say "superficial crush" than "dim love." Dim, if used as a measure of degree, is contradictory with the word love, which is always a strong feeling. If it's not a strong feeling it's "like" or some other, similar word. "Dim" as a measure of visibility makes more sense. And how often is dim used as a degree of strength in English, anyway?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I "dimly" think they're stupid for using such an obvious mistranslation and interpretation. :monster:

I also "dimly" wish for a PS3 as well.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=53.msg14864#msg14864 date=1233867705]
http://amoretta.nu/images/zackeye.png

I got a picture of Cloud's eyes where you can see Zack a bit better. His hair link, ear, eye... I don't think I could draw over it without making it not visible.

[/quote]

Damn, I think I actually see him now. O_o

Mako said:
I "dimly" think they're stupid for using such an obvious mistranslation and interpretation.

I also "dimly" wish for a PS3 as well.

I "dimly" think that the only thing here that's "Dim" is actually the light bulb inside their heads. :monster:

If you do read more of the Gaia thread, I'll note that I knew nothing about the LTD at the time and believed the Clerii on what they said a lot more than I should. :monster:

But for your own health, I'll advise against it.

Damn, I think I actually see him now. O_o
You're welcome. XD

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor

Good lord reading the Northern Crater makes my head hurt. I'm glad I take a back seat these days. The lack of coherent arguments the same faux facts being used (I still can't believe people are STILL reading from the manual for DOC and the final mistranslation from FF7). It agitates me just to read it.

You've all got thicker skin than I have.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I just don't get how someone actually thinks Ehrgeiz has anything to do with the LTD.

That just broke my mind.

Like I'm reading it, and you know how in Dissidia, when you "Brave Break" someone in a fight, you hear a shatter and the entire screen turns red?

That was me. When you read, hear, or see something so stupid...sometimes you can literally feel pain trying to rationalize or understand where such stupidity comes from. The strain of trying to make sense of such lunacy can just overtax your mind.

That was me. When you read, hear, or see something so stupid...sometimes you can literally feel pain trying to rationalize or understand where such stupidity comes from. The strain of trying to make sense of such lunacy can just overtax your mind.
Sometimes I wonder why I keep going back... the mind shattering hurts... but the lulz... so many lulz... I think I'm an addict. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Righteyefocuscopy.jpg

I find that fairly obvious.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Oh YopY, that's epic. :monster:

ROTFLMAO.

Seeing Denzel near death reminds him of his favorite Sesame Street character...bringing him inner peace and the focus necessary to save his life.

Or maybe he sees Cookie Monster about to beat the crap out of Denzel for cookies.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

Wow, I wonder when these people are 30 they'll realize they were arguing over a fictional love-triangle between a bunch of pixellated JRPG characters.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Hey, there are still people arguing over the series finale and the love triangles of the TV series "Dallas" back in the 1980's.

Never underestimate the power of fandom. Fandom is timeless. It is ageless. And it is all encompassing. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Luckily, it's all solved with this revelation that Cookie Monster is the One and Only, lyk, evar.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

This topic ended at that monster picture. The answer to everything is :monster:

[quote author=Goodbye Charlie link=topic=53.msg14877#msg14877 date=1233869951]I still can't believe people are STILL reading from the manual for DOC
[/quote]
I'd like to know why the official English translation (which it is) of the DC manuals isn't good enough anymore.

Is official only better when it suits? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I didn't even bother reading the shitty DC manual. Does it really say that?

I mean, even if it does call her someone he'll never forget, how the fuck does that equal him being in love with her?

Again, unforgettable doesn't mean love. I'll never forget Oscar the Grouch or that smelly bastard from my kindergarten grade class named Sallar who would never take a bath and smelled like ass.

Does that mean I love them forever?

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula

On that DoC manual, the Clerii have claimed that the Japanese manual goes further than the "Cloud would never forget Aerith" that the English one offers. It supposedly says that Cloud will never forget Aerith, and that she is forever in his heart.

I asked why the translation would just drop the last half of a sentence for no reason. "Perhaps there was a malicious CloTi in charge, hellbent on erasing any trace of Cloud's eternal lovin' fer Aerith?"

The sad thing is how this explanation was reasonable, and more, likely, to this person.

Also, Anastar. Originally, she couldn't see Aerith praying in Cloud's right eye. She was trying to sell the "Aerith's burial" in that eye. Then, when she notices it, all of a sudden that image in clearly in Cloud's left eye.

I can't tell whether she's trying to sell it so hard to save face, or if she's just really into the idea of Aerith dying in Cloud's left eye.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Everything happens in Cloud's eye. I think Firion's in the right eye, to be honest. I swear, look for yourself. :monster:

And is that true? Does the Japanese DC manual say that?

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula

And is that true? Does the Japanese DC manual say that?

Heh. I'm betting no, because I asked for a scan, and she said something about her scanner being broken, or that a friend who owns the Japanese manual couldn't be reached...in Japan.

=D

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

'Engraved in his heart for his whole life' is what the Japanese one says. Or 'says'.

A callus has formed on my ear now. At first, my stomach stood when I saw people taking these literal translations with such faith. "Are the rotations of your head slow?" I thought to myself. Is there no hand to hit to show the foolishness of such a thing? I fear no hand or leg will come out. People still go on striking the big mouth.

But I must be rude now. There's some food in my fridge with fast legs, so if I don't eat it now it will not be. I just thought I'd put out my face and state my trivial view on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom