The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Now Hitobito, that's not fair :monster: is everyone.

But :monster: is especially love.

Has anything worth responding to been posted there yet? I ought to check sometime this weekend.

Wow, this topic has gone way out of hand.
On a more important note, I think we need a smiley to compete with Cookie Monster.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Has anything worth responding to been posted there yet? I ought to check sometime this weekend.

Nothing there is ever really *worth* responding too, aha. It's just Cali's mule messing around, and Shroudi trying to wage another OT war.

On a more important note, I think we need a smiley to compete with Cookie Monster.

The Count! xD

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Apparently, seeing Zack in Cloud's left eye makes you a Clack.

No, I don't get the logic either.

Not being able to tell a left eye from a right eye, on the other hand...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Wait, who said that?!

Pics or it didn't happen :monster:

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg15322#msg15322 date=1233963272]
Wait, who said that?!

Pics or it didn't happen :monster:
[/quote]

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=7552&st=300

Yeah. After a few posts, a person starts ranting about it. Like, apparently we think Clack is official because Zack is reflected in Cloud's eye. Now, if we excused all logic, this would totally be true! :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

What the hell does the diatribe about homosexuality and Cloud have to do with Cloud seeing Zack in his mind since Aerith and Zack are both people he lost? What the fuck are they talking about...?

Do they know what the game is about anymore? Are they seriously that inept at understanding the plot elements of the story?

What the fucking hell?

Isabella

Your Mom

Don't you guys get it? Everything SE does is a reference to Cloud's love life. Easter eggs in eyeballs, AU appearances, EVERYTHING. SE is obsessed. Nothing else matters.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I believe in Clack.

If I weren't so cba, I'd get Tennyo's little banner and put it right.

Here.

But I cba :monster:

They did start one of the ACC trailers with a Clack scene (Tennyo's sig scene). And you know what they say about being first :monster:

'They're all Clack/Clephiroth fanz' only works when other people think eye reflections are a sign of love :monster:

Personally, I don't much care for the whole 'reflections in eyes' as a directorial choice (didn't much care for the one in AC either) :monster: And I'm sick of looking into Cloud's high-def eyes to find Aerith/Zack/Sephiroth/Wally.

Edit; reading that thread. I like how everyone who disagrees/doesn't see double Aerith is a homophobe :monster:

If you see Aerith and Zack, are you an advocate of bisexual Cloud?

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

If you see Aerith and Zack, are you an advocate of bisexual Cloud?

HELL YES. And it's totally not my fault, either. It's SE's for dividing the qualities required for being Cloud's perfect soulmate into two people.

SE should make Aerith and Zack "bond spirits" and "meld into one" so that Cloud can have it all in one...erm...delicious(?)body.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Mean as all get out, but I must remark... I've seen each of the arguments used at some point or another. Not with the atrocious spelling and grammar, but still.

A

Great Old One

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg15390#msg15390 date=1233987403]
Mean as all get out, but I must remark... I've seen each of the arguments used at some point or another. Not with the atrocious spelling and grammar, but still.
[/quote]
*shrugs* I wonder who wrote that. Funny how they wrote, "Clerithistianity." :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg15350#msg15350 date=1233968140]If you see Aerith and Zack, are you an advocate of bisexual Cloud?
[/quote]

I'd be an advocate of bisexual Cloud regardless. Variety is the spice of life, you know. :monster:

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg15371#msg15371 date=1233979040]
Oh my.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Clerith
LMAO, I wonder who wrote that. It's kinda mean though. I'm thinking about writing one for Clotis: They are smart, but sarcastic and snappy.
[/quote]

That's nothing. Read this: LINK CENSORED BY EBIL TETTYBEAR

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=53.msg15476#msg15476 date=1234003646]
I'd be an advocate of bisexual Cloud regardless. Variety is the spice of life, you know. :monster:
[/quote]
Your sig proves that Clack wouldn't hurt if you stuck it in your eye.

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

"Beyond the edge of reality lies a story of ultimate conquest, a story of war and friendship, a story of a love that could never be, and a hatred that always was. And now, the most anticipated epic adventure of the year will never come to a theater near you. Final Fantasy VII."

This isn't a statement from the people who wrote VII's story, is it? Was the bolded part used in one of FFVII's commercials?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

That's the transcript for the whole commercial, wasn't it?

I doubt the staff would have a part in writing the ads, and if they do it probably wouldn't be the English ones.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg15530#msg15530 date=1234040726]
Your sig proves that Clack wouldn't hurt if you stuck it in your eye.
[/quote]
Clack could be stuck in a lot of places and it wouldn't hurt. :monster:

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

I can't seem to find that particular commercial. The only one I saw just flashed the words war(sister ray shown), friendship(Cid, Barret, others in ending), love(Cloud puts Aerith to rest), hatred(Sephiroth's creepy face).

So the people marketing the game thought of this? It's not something a member of the VII team said, and was used?

Isabella

Your Mom

Marketing. Pure marketing. The creative team has little if anything to do with marketing even in their own country, let alone the North American marketing dept.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Marketing teams are hardly ever in the know, and even if they are the truth is thrown out the window for the sake of making something that is most appealing to the masses.

But in the case of the NA FFVII commercials I would assume all they had were the FMV's and a brief synopsis, if even that, and then they threw something together that would appeal to the most people.

I mean damn, I've seen a lot of movies advertised as something that they didn't turn out to be. M. Night Shamylan's The Village? Absolutely nothing like the trailers made it seem. And how about Happy Feet? Just some cute kid's movie? Not really. Big huge propaganda piece about environmentalism if there ever was one.

A

Great Old One

[quote author=juniper link=topic=53.msg15560#msg15560 date=1234052872]

I can't seem to find that particular commercial. The only one I saw just flashed the words war(sister ray shown), friendship(Cid, Barret, others in ending), love(Cloud puts Aerith to rest), hatred(Sephiroth's creepy face).

So the people marketing the game thought of this? It's not something a member of the VII team said, and was used?
[/quote]
That's a real commercial... but it's quite obvious that it's a marketing team when it says, "A hatred that always was...." Cloud didn't always hate Sephiroth. :monster: I think the creators would be smart enough to know that.
And plus, Nomura and the rest of the staff are not advertising agents. They are game creators. It'd be like an actress/actor creating a commercial for their own movie.

Isabella

Your Mom

What Tenny said. Their job is to appeal to as many of the masses as possible. So if throwing in the love word causes someone who might not buy the game otherwise to raise their eyebrows, then the marketing is a success.

Also: Cloud ending up with Tifa is a bit of a twist, though one you can see coming a mile away if you recognize the tropes. They aren't going to reveal that in an ad any more than they're going to reveal Cloud's messed-up Zackiness. It's a plot built around setting up expectations and then pissing on them. Do you want them to show all that in a commercial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom