The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Not everything in the Ultimania still holds up, now other Compilation titles have been released. It states that Aerith met Zack when selling flowers (which was changed in CC), or that Vincent confronts Hojo after Lucrezia disappeared (which is impossible given that in DC, she casually walks in right after Vincent is shot).

Those are a little different from a short story, but people seem to talk an 'all or nothing' view to these. I think people should accept what's there, but disregard what doesn't fit with the later developments.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

Oh, I'm aware of those differences ;D With what was currently available then, Maiden was correct. However, it wasn't mentioned again, and then to top it off a lot of the stuff was retconned. Unlike with other events, we are never given confirmation on what is and isn't truly correct with Maiden. With LO/BC, we can pick out what did and didn't happen. With even the original FFVII, we can pick out what really happened (due to CC). But Maiden is something different. So, retconned info=no longer mentioned. Maiden=no longer mentioned as official events. Therefore, Maiden=retconned info (if it was more than a fan treat in the first place).

I usually disregard any past information, and base what I know more on the Compilation and current guidebooks. FFVII doesn't coincide with the Compilation in some places, but if it were to be remade, then it'd probably be fixed. With Maiden, I can't exactly prove what happened because we never were given confirmation of it being true or not. However, based on the fact that it's never mentioned, and that it doesn't line up correctly to other Comp. titles, I believe it's not canon.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Maiden isn't so much "in" the UO as tacked onto the end of it. Advertising for DoC, BC, CC, AC, LO, Etc. All come before it. The only thing after it are the 'If you liked this by these other ultis' adds and the back cover.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Maiden somewhat contradicted even in its the UO? A la saying that Cloud pulled Tifa into his mind, or am I construing that out of nowhere?

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

And who's Shroudi...?
Hahaha. He's the dude who made dupe accounts over at ACF in order to vote for Cleris on polls that asked whether or not the compilation was Cleris-slanted. He doesn't debate, he just plays word games cause he can't debate for shit.

And as far as I knw, Tifa has diary entries too. Rinoa had some translations somewhere.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Are you serious? He really made dupe accounts just to be able to vote?

Then how come every LTD poll I saw at ACF still had Cloti in the lead? lol XD

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

Yes, he participated in discussions too. Except he's not really as clever as he thinks he is and was found out & banned as far as I know. Prolly more did too, which makes you wonder about what the results would have been if people weren't double voting. LOL
Epic lulz I tells ya.

And Cloti was in the lead, because thankfully the sane still outnumber the rabid idiots. Although, the Clerii will tell you we bribed them/took over ACF. Who knew Faith had that much power? :monster:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

And as far as I knw, Tifa has diary entries too. Rinoa had some translations somewhere.
http://tifa.nu/tifa/original/original.php?z=herstory

Tifa had mentioned Aerith in her diary entries too, and in a (sort of) fond way. Now, y'all know what that means. AerTi foreverrrrrz!

@ IMPRESSIVE EYEZ: I read that entry, and someone posted it some time ago. it's not a fraction as romantic as the Clerii try to make it out to be. In fact... it wasn't romantic at all. But whatevz.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

So, I was really happy when Cloud who I thought died came to help me.

I like how very nonchalant that line is. :D

By the way, I got angry with that Corneo! He ignored myself and Aerith, then chose Cloud for some reason! ...Then again Cloud had put on some cologne and a tiara, he really did his best at dressing like a female, how rude!

Cloud/Corneo is canon? XDDDDDDD

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios

He's notorious for being a lech. I was about to cry because I had already made up my mind...

So she's about to cry because Corneo's a dirty bastard who will probably grope her, but she's mad becase he ends up ignoring her and Aerith?

Tifa, No! :D

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Hey, if you were an attractive woman and supposedly heteresoxual guy chose a guy in poor drag over you, wouldn't you be insulted too?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I'd be insulted if I were Aerith. After all, no matter what, Aerith is never chosen. As far as I know~

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios

Found a FAQ which was a little bit scary...

Per http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/25620

It's a breakdown of the combination of cross-dressing items Cloud wears leading to Corneo picking:

Tifa - 251 combinations
Aerith - 24 combinations
Cloud - 4 combinations

Poor Aerith... only beat the transvestite by 20.

I was reading the scripts and have found my new favorite line in the compilation...

Lackey 4: "Woo-hoo! I got ants in my pants wanna do a dance, gotta take a chance and mebbe find romance."

Godspeed Lackey 4.

Sarcasm Orgasm

Lv. 25 Adventurer

[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=53.msg21796#msg21796 date=1235375652]
Yes, he participated in discussions too. Except he's not really as clever as he thinks he is and was found out & banned as far as I know. Prolly more did too, which makes you wonder about what the results would have been if people weren't double voting. LOL
Epic lulz I tells ya.

And Cloti was in the lead, because thankfully the sane still outnumber the rabid idiots. Although, the Clerii will tell you we bribed them/took over ACF. Who knew Faith had that much power? :monster:
[/quote]

OWD was my heroine back in the dayz. Jemima too. =D

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

OWD was my heroine back in the dayz. Jemima too.
no no, I can't be that because of my big boobs. And neither can Jem.

@ breakdown:
And now we know why there will not be an FFVII remake in full CG glory. LOL

Ascension

Rookie Adventurer

[quote author=Edley link=topic=53.msg22398#msg22398 date=1235467290]
Found a FAQ which was a little bit scary...

Per http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/25620

It's a breakdown of the combination of cross-dressing items Cloud wears leading to Corneo picking:

Tifa - 251 combinations
Aerith - 24 combinations
Cloud - 4 combinations

Poor Aerith... only beat the transvestite by 20.

I was reading the scripts and have found my new favorite line in the compilation...

Lackey 4: "Woo-hoo! I got ants in my pants wanna do a dance, gotta take a chance and mebbe find romance."

Godspeed Lackey 4.
[/quote] He was more of a crossdresser than a tranny, but still he seems to deceive not only Corneo but his lackeys as well. That's if he picks Tifa though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Tifa - 251 combinations
Aerith - 24 combinations
Cloud - 4 combinations

Oh, wow! Poor Aerith. Maybe it's the dress she chose. :o (But I thought she looked pretty. Well, as far as I could tell anyway)

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg10719#msg10719 date=1232740496]
Just something that amused me highly that I thought I'd share.

I got a friend of mine who's never played Final Fantasy at all before, to play FFVII, and she had hardly any real exposure to it at all, save for Kingdom Hearts.

She's just about beaten it, and is on her way to the Northern Cave, and I asked her what she thought about the relationship between Cloud and Aerith, and she was all, "What relationship? They hardly knew each other." She thinks Cloud and Tifa were the ones made for each other.

I just had to LOL at that :monster:

[/quote]

I lol'ed. She seems to agree with a lot of us. They hardly knew each other, yet people think that there is something there. The agreement was for one date, because Cloud was her bodyguard.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=53.msg23159#msg23159 date=1235604397]
No no, it's because Tifa is a whore and everyone can see it.

And for lulz:
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zx5v08.jpg
[/quote]

DoC, LE, and LO are what? Translate, please!

Also what's LE?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode.

DoC:LE.

And they are compilation titles. Made by outside sources, but by behest of S-E.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Oh I see. :)

But also don't you guys know that the Ultimanias are nothing but fanon? People have to right to believe what they want, so if some don't believe the Ultimanias are canon then they aren't as far as they go and they are allowed to make up whatever reality they want. Same goes for people who claim the Holocaust never happened, and on that note Hitler is totally excused from everything. :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom