The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

I guess Wacdonalds is what they used in InuYasha to avoid copyright infringement (or something; I've seen it used in manga before without a problem, along with other logos)...And thus, people began thinking that Japan had Wacdonalds instead of McDonalds.

That interview seems to reek of fake, or at least parts were taken out of context. A google search of Wacdonalds brings nothing up, and the closest thing in google images is either an InuYasha screenshot or a birdhouse floating in a stream :monster: The interview was incredibly pro-Clerith, and was taken before CC's release as well. Everyone just accepted that Cloud and Aerith were the true couple, but didn't really back it up. Besides, these are two random guys and aren't creators. Get two FFVII fans who may not be aware of the LTD or have done enough research, and there's always a chance they'll be Cloti or Clerith.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Yeah...but...

Why make it up? Why make it take place in a fake place if you want it to be real...?

I'm sorry I just got taken aback by the fact they're telling their forum members "THIS IS TEH PROOFZ" when not only is it incredibly subjective, and baseless...but its wrong. And not in the "koi bito" type of wrong, I mean an outright fucking fabrication/lie wrong.

WacDonalds? I...part of me is laughing but part of me feels sad.

Isabella

Your Mom

Well, I think the author of that fanfic interview wanted to position him/herself as "in the know" about Japan and its ways, and probably fell into the trap Restless was talking about with this fictitious McDonalds. The whole point of writing that article is to show, "see I know Japan and it's culture and it's usage of words so much better than those people who disagree with me! I even know they call their McDonalds WacDonalds!" Unfortunately for them, that's not true.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

IINM, WcDonalds is the "don't sue me!" version of McDonalds for use on the screen and printed page. .

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Frankly, I'm a little more concerned with this bit here.

Cloud and Tifa

Interesting that we’re all so focus on our own point of views that we manage to ignore them. Would all the romantic examples you offer really matter if one of these two asked this question?

Do you love me? ---Tifa; Case Of Tifa

It’s a statement made by Tifa that doesn’t seem to fit with what the so-called “romantic gestures” these two have been doing with each other. If it’s so glaringly obvious, why then did Tifa feel the need to question Cloud’s feelings for her? How is it that most people are so sure of themselves that Cloud loves Tifa, when she herself feels the need to know whether he loves her or not? Surely she didn’t need to doubt Cloud’s feeling if it’s that clear to everyone right? Truth is, some people are too busy trying to prove that their point of view matters more that they stopped considering other’s point of view. In this case, they’ve failed to see Tifa’s point of view.

...What was Cloud's answer? Who here has read Case of Tifa?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

She asked that while Cloud was asleep in bed with her.

Cloud didn't hear her and then Tifa changed the question to, "Do you love Marlene?"

Case of Tifa's been up on the internet for years now. http://one.xthost.info/ffwebnovel/

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

oic. I cba to read the novellas, even if it WOULD prove the answer the the LTD. I cba to even read Maiden. I tried years ago when I was in a huge hype of FF7, but for reading, my attention span is horrible. :/

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

It exists in that bizarro Japan that was mentioned a long time ago. Probably. ::)

Don't feel sad... there's worse. :'(

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg31546#msg31546 date=1237342746]
She asked that while Cloud was asleep in bed with her.

Cloud didn't hear her and then Tifa changed the question to, "Do you love Marlene?"

Case of Tifa's been up on the internet for years now. http://one.xthost.info/ffwebnovel/
[/quote]

Well Tifa being in the same bed/room as him is the most logical assumption...

but some still believe she decided to walk into his room, wait till he fell asleep while watching him like a stalker then ask the question, while Cloud the whole time, doesn't seem surprised at the fact she was even there in the first place.. :monster:

anyways my 2 cents about the WacDonalds Fanfic is that the person that made that up really didn't seem to understand that in Japan its still McDonalds...like someone said above me, they only tried to make it seem like they know about Japan and its culture ect...but of course failed miserably...

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

Changing it from "Mc" to something else is always the end-around on legal issues - see WacDonalds, WacArnolds, and McDowells.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

[quote author=kelly20 link=topic=53.msg31582#msg31582 date=1237354586]
but some still believe she decided to walk into his room, wait till he fell asleep while watching him like a stalker then ask the question, while Cloud the whole time, doesn't seem surprised at the fact she was even there in the first place.. [/quote]

That's because Cloud's already gotten used to stalker-Tifa. I bet he even showers with the full expectation of finding Tifa waiting on the other side of the curtains.

anyways my 2 cents about the WacDonalds Fanfic is that the person that made that up really didn't seem to understand that in Japan its still McDonalds...[/quote]

My wacky theory is that this interview was actually written by an evil Cloti to make fun of the rabid shippers, in a similar vein as the book of Cleris wisdom and the Cleris dictionary and that April Fool's magazine article.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Shadowfox link=topic=53.msg31619#msg31619 date=1237361557]
but some still believe she decided to walk into his room, wait till he fell asleep while watching him like a stalker then ask the question, while Cloud the whole time, doesn't seem surprised at the fact she was even there in the first place.. [/quote]

That's because Cloud's already gotten used to stalker-Tifa. I bet he even showers with the full expectation of finding Tifa waiting on the other side of the curtains.

anyways my 2 cents about the WacDonalds Fanfic is that the person that made that up really didn't seem to understand that in Japan its still McDonalds...[/quote]

My wacky theory is that this interview was actually written by an evil Cloti to make fun of the rabid shippers, in a similar vein as the book of Cleris wisdom and the Cleris dictionary and that April Fool's magazine article.
[/quote]

April fools article???? what was that about?

and I hope you are right..

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg31530#msg31530 date=1237339472]
Yeah...but...

Why make it up? Why make it take place in a fake place if you want it to be real...?

I'm sorry I just got taken aback by the fact they're telling their forum members "THIS IS TEH PROOFZ" when not only is it incredibly subjective, and baseless...but its wrong. And not in the "koi bito" type of wrong, I mean an outright fucking fabrication/lie wrong.

[/quote]

WacDonalds is simply a spectacular example of self-ownage. Someone was actually clueless enough to think it exists. It's just exactly what it looks like. ;D

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

It was just linked :monster:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=7061

IIRC, which I cba to anymore, when asked about it Resha said that it was really McDonald's and 'WacDonald's' was just a nickname?

So she was retconning her words, or 'Japanese version of McDonald's' was just some really bad English. In the case of the latter, I think she just hasn't had enough time living in an English speaking countries and cannot be trusted with this holy tongue. Just throwing off words without knowing their usage. I don't think anyone who didn't grow up with English can be trusted translating into English.

Sadly, Waccy-D's was the only thing that was explain when I saw it. No showing 'koi [bringing spaces back] bito' being used as 'one-sided love', nor this '-ai' suffix. I can't remember ever seeing or hearing anyone use '-ai', nor was I able to find anything about it online.

Or how Japanese fans aren't rabid and don't fight about it. This must be that secret, alternate internet again.

Stuff like 'watashi wa' and 'ore wa' having different feelings. That's stuff is so obvious you'd have to be at a really, really basic level to not know it.

A

Great Old One

Thanks hito. :monster:

IT EXISTS. LOOKIE!

inu697.jpg

And NO, that is not animated or from Inuyasha.

And anyone else notice that how they spelled Wacdonalds was like this: WacDonalds

While the above picture ^ shows it as, Wacdna...? If they're gonna lie, they oughta do a better job at it....

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg31530#msg31530 date=1237339472]
Yeah...but...

Why make it up? Why make it take place in a fake place if you want it to be real...?[/quote]

Because they mistakenly believe it is real.

Is this really news with CxA? Pink = Red, etc?

Just see it as the sad desperation it is.

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg31661#msg31661 date=1237374278]
It was just linked :monster:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=7061

IIRC, which I cba to anymore, when asked about it Resha said that it was really McDonald's and 'WacDonald's' was just a nickname?

So she was retconning her words, or 'Japanese version of McDonald's' was just some really bad English. In the case of the latter, I think she just hasn't had enough time living in an English speaking countries and cannot be trusted with this holy tongue. Just throwing off words without knowing their usage. I don't think anyone who didn't grow up with English can be trusted translating into English.[/quote]

That doesn't explain the rather emphatic defense of Waccy's as a real and distinct Japanese McDonalds, called and labeled such. It's totally an ass cover backscramble.

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg31662#msg31662 date=1237374691]
Thanks hito. :monster:

IT EXISTS. LOOKIE!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/inuyasha26/inu697.jpg

And NO, that is not animated or from Inuyasha.[/quote]

She said, forgetting to change the folder or file name to not include Inu-Yasha... :monster:

And anyone else notice that how they spelled Wacdonalds was like this: WacDonalds

While the above picture ^ shows it as, Wacdna...? If they're gonna lie, they oughta do a better job at it....

They need to do a better job at a LOT of things.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

It's real?! Asian people also don't look really asian. :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Asian people also don't look really asian.

Those aren't Asians, they're IRL Cleriths enjoying their favorite place to munch. :monster: The one in the pink is Chibica, and there's Saeki... and there goes Alex, FFG, and Aly too. :D The shady figure with his back to the camera is Nomura.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

IIRC Five of the Clerith you named are female, yet only two of the people in that pic are female.

Does not compute. Unless...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

I'd say maybe three are women. Given that the long haired one it's a hippie man.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg31829#msg31829 date=1237430906]
Five of the Clerith you named are female

Goes to show what YOU know. ;)
[/quote]

I was counting Wapanese friends (who are always present but invisible. That's how you know they're important) too. What's your excuse?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg31834#msg31834 date=1237433609]
[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg31829#msg31829 date=1237430906]
Five of the Clerith you named are female

Goes to show what YOU know. ;)
[/quote]

I was counting Wapanese friends (who are always present but invisible. That's how you know they're important) too. What's your excuse?
[/quote]

Ohhh. I just figured they were all gender confused. :duhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom