The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

But Kingdom Hearts blows. Clorith VII FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Or just to really piss people off.... CLOFFIEEEEEEEEEE

:monster:

ElMonk86

Rookie Adventurer

The creators always said that it was up to the audience to decide who Cloud loves. And, NO, "Cloud doesn't love either of them in a romantic sense" isn't an option. The creators say that there IS a woman for Cloud. So, he DOES love one of them by the end of it all.

Well, since it IS up to me...Cloud loves Tifa. I like them better as a couple. Period. They have so much history together and so much in common. I think it's very rewarding for both characters to come together like that by the end. They've been through so much so they deserve it.

After playing Crisis Core, I believe that Aerith belongs with Zack.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

I go with Tifa.

And only partially because I love me some Tifa and can't stand Aerith :monster:

A

Great Old One

So, SE has confirmed that Case of Tifa, Case of Denzel, Case of Barret will be revised, whilst three new novellas will be brought up... great, more proof that Maiden isn't canon. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg29872#msg29872 date=1236969581]
So, SE has confirmed that Case of Tifa, Case of Denzel, Case of Barret will be revised, whilst three new novellas will be brought up... great, more proof that Maiden isn't canon. :monster:
[/quote]

Even if it was, it still wouldn't be included with Otwtas, because it's just a separate thing. :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

Maiden is pro-Cloti more than anything, so I wouldn't celebrate its exclusion from canon in an LTD thread unless you're rooting for Cloud and Aerith.

I would celebrate its exclusion as a fan of decent writing, though. :monster:

A

Great Old One

Well, it's not very pro-Zerith, which is why I don't think we support it. :)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Not to mention it's utterly wrong in its history of their relationship, the age they met, or the fact that Aerith knew that Zack died.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg29872#msg29872 date=1236969581]
[/quote]
Cases of Denzel, Tifa, and Barret aren't being "revised", they're being collected in book format with four new stories as On the Way to a Smile: Final Fantasy VII.

In Japan, Case of Denzel was released on the official AC website, Case of Tifa was published in a prologue booklet produced to promote the film, and Case of Barret has yet to be released in Japanese.

Even if Maiden were canon, it wouldn't be included with Kazushige Nojima's On the Way to a Smile books which "detail the two years between FFVII and AC".

Of course, we already know it's not canon because it contradicts other pieces of the Compilation, wasn't supervised by SE staff, and hasn't been mentioned in any subsequent guidebooks.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg29908#msg29908 date=1236973495]
Maiden is pro-Cloti more than anything, so I wouldn't celebrate its exclusion from canon in an LTD thread unless you're rooting for Cloud and Aerith.

I would celebrate its exclusion as a fan of decent writing, though. :monster:
[/quote]

This. Maiden sucks and I wish it never existed. Even if it proved Cloti outright so that even Cleriths finally accepted it I would still think it sucked and wish it never existed. The only reason I bother to argue the point that it reinforces Cloti more than Clerith is the fact that so many Cleriths seem to put so much stock in it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Oh shit! HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Maiden got proven canon on the studio bent website! I'M NOT SHITTING YOU. I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS.

http://www.bent.co.jp/main/works/um19/naiyo_fr.htm

Read the description. Specifically THIS.

??????????????????????????????????????? ?? FFVII??????????????????

That says its indispensable to the enjoying of the Compilation of FFVII, or something right?

Fuck. I guess I gotta eat my words now. It's...canon now. Wow.

Isabella

Your Mom

LMAO. If Studio Bent says one of its publications is something you simply must read (and give them money for), then it MUST be true.

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg30054#msg30054 date=1236986094]
Oh shit! HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Maiden got proven canon on the studio bent website! I'M NOT SHITTING YOU. I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS.

http://www.bent.co.jp/main/works/um19/naiyo_fr.htm

Read the description. Specifically THIS.

??????????????????????????????????????? ?? FFVII??????????????????

That says its indispensable to the enjoying of the Compilation of FFVII, or something right?

Fuck. I guess I gotta eat my words now. It's...canon now. Wow.
[/quote]

A condom is indispensable to healthy sex, but I'd like to hope you dispose of it readily after use. I think the best can be said about Maiden.

My darling allegory explains precisely why Maiden was never kept on as canon - it's a bloated sheath of used ideas.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

B-But...it's on the official StudioBent site!!! It's OFFCIAL and it SAYS SO!

And..the official Square Enix site LISTS the Ultimania Omega of FFVII. It's...it's part of the Compilation.

Which means EVERY SINGLE THING IN IT IS CANON. Even the part where Cloud and Sephiroth appear in FF Anthology during the loading screens. THATS PART OF THE COMPILATION OF FFVII TOO.

Omfg. This changes everything. EVERYTHING. I don't know what to think now. I'm so confused. :(

Maiden must be canon now. I think I'm gonna hurt myself...

Isabella

Your Mom

This raises an interesting question: If this new "Case of the Lifestream" contradicts Maiden, what then? WHO DO WE BELIEVE, DAMN IT?!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg30059#msg30059 date=1236986953]
B-But...it's on the official StudioBent site!!! It's OFFCIAL and it SAYS SO!

And..the official Square Enix site LISTS the Ultimania Omega of FFVII. It's...it's part of the Compilation.

Which means EVERY SINGLE THING IN IT IS CANON. Even the part where Cloud and Sephiroth appear in FF Anthology during the loading screens. THATS PART OF THE COMPILATION OF FFVII TOO.

Omfg. This changes everything. EVERYTHING. I don't know what to think now. I'm so confused. :(

Maiden must be canon now. I think I'm gonna hurt myself...
[/quote]

Funny that, I actually pop into the JP S-E site from time to time, and I've NEVER seen the UO on that page, either in the FF section or elsewhere.

And I know you're being sarcastic Mako, but it should be pointed out for the viewers at home that the second quoted sentence refers to the UO as a whole, after listing all the random crap contained inside it.

And if CoL denounces Maiden, no skin off my nose.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Right, it lists all the contents of the FFVII UO in an attempt to make it look appealing and you know...make people BUY it. I mean, to put such stock in a fucking web advertisement reeks of either stupidity, lunatic reaching for points, or both. Either way, there's zero credibility.

And if Case of Lifestream denounces or contradicts Maiden, clearly Maiden is the more accurate source. Benny > all. :monster:

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

Case of the Lifestream sounds like it was made just to say "Hey, Maiden isn't canon." Something that sets things straight. I didn't like Maiden, anyway. Aerith just wasn't...Aerith. Was I the only one who thought she was being a bit bitchy at times?

I can see CoL being all about Aerith, content in the Lifestream with Zack and everyone else, but still worrying about Cloud a bit, considering his state at the time.

I didn't like Maiden, anyway. Aerith just wasn't...Aerith. Was I the only one who thought she was being a bit bitchy at times?

*Raise hand*

No. That's the main reason why I avoid Maiden.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

can see CoL being all about Aerith, content in the Lifestream with Zack and everyone else, but still worrying about Cloud a bit, considering his state at the time.

I agree. Though, I hope she and Zack have a more... touching reunion. :monster:

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

Glad I'm not the only one. :) It annoyed me, more than the plot errors ever would. Aerith had a well-established personality. I don't understand how someone could make her basically say "I don't care about you. If you insist on sticking around, then I'll only call you if I'm really lonely. Bye." Even if Clerith was confirmed canon, I don't see why she wouldn't have been happy really happy to see Zack again...Maiden doesn't make Aerith look nice at all :-\

[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=53.msg30085#msg30085 date=1236991459]
Though, I hope she and Zack have a more... touching reunion. :monster:
[/quote]
I agree on that, too. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I don't see how you wouldn't take that, the last line of a description of the book as a whole, as talking about the book as a whole. I thought writing conclusions was a common practice.

And for another thing, it mentions 'one book'. Maiden is a part of the book, not the whole thing. If they wanted to talk about Maiden specifically, they could have used story (??) again.

I agree with Isabella. It's Studio Bent Stuff's description of a book they've made. Even if it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, of course they're going to say everyone needs their book.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Studio Bent Stuff: The FFVII Ultimania Omega really isn't that necessary. You don't have to buy it!

Yeah...that'd have made a lot of sense. :monster:

Stupid points are fun!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

Wtf are these Cases of Denzel, Barret, and Tifa that you speak of? And what be this "Maiden"?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Case of Denzel/Barret/Tifa were names of the chapters of On The Way To A Smile, stories written by Kazushige Nojima (AC's screenwriter) to fill in the gap between FFVII and AC.

Maiden (Maiden Who Travels the Planet, etc) was a story about Aerith in the Lifestream included in the FFVII Ultimania Omega, written by Benny Matsuyama (one of the staff who made the Ultimania).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom