The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

Say it ain't so! :o
The Aeris lives in Cloud bullshit is just that: bullshit.
Like Bella said, it isn't any different from the idea of Mufasa living in Simba. This is nothing new and certainly nothing romantic. When my father passed away, there was much said about him still living on in the rest of his family. This isn't anything groundbreaking.

In fact, SE clarified. They said that the dead (note the use of the plural) live on in the living (plural). This is the nature of Cloud/Aeris' interaction. This is why the children can see her, why Kadaj can, why Tifa can sense her etc. She lives in everyone who knew her.
One of the staff members even said that it's the same as him living on in his children once he passes away (I don`t remember who now, someone else here prolly does).

Nothing romantic. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

This is all explicitly stated. The Clerii just ignore it, as usual

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

One of the staff members even said that it's the same as him living on in his children once he passes away (I don`t remember who now, someone else here prolly does).
I think that it was Nojima. I think that he said something about his grandmother passing away, and how she lives on in him, and how when he passes away, he'll live on in his sons... or something like that.

They basically said that the dead will still live on in the living. It's not supposed to be something romantic. Don't we always hear that? ~People will live forever in our hearts and memories~

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

It was Nomura himself who said that. Of all the times I have pointed this out, it has never sunk in with them.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Where did he say that?

I just watched the bit about 'living on', which had Nomura saying he wanted to show that the consciousness lives on.

Then Nojima talks about his children being born, and his grandmother passing away, and that he thought of it like a cycle of life where one life ends and another begins (I think the subtitles have this mistranslated as 'makes me feel human' instead).

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Furthermore, Nomura doesn't say that Aerith's consciousness lives on inside of everyone.

But Ultimania does: "Aerith returned to the Lifestream. But after that, she still exists in many people’s minds as someone very important... Two years after returning to the planet, Aerith still lives on in the hearts of her friends who saved the planet."

He specifies that Aerith would be by Cloud's side, not anyone else.

Aha... Only he also said Cloud belongs with Tifa.

Once again, it's stated that Cloud is able to hear Aerith - not anyone else.

Except the little children and Kadaj.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Thanks for clarifying that irrelevant scan, everyone. :monster:

Aha... Only he also said Cloud belongs with Tifa.

Though:
"Simple. Neither of them have anywhere else to go (neither did Barret, which is why he accompanied them after Avalanche split up). Plus, they had affirmed their friendship and support for one another under the Highwind."

Friendship under the HighWind. Riiight. =D

A

Great Old One

What do you make of it, BBM? Spot any inconsistencies? Any unsupported speculation?

Well... it's kind of hard, because if those quotes are actually true, than doesn't that mean that Aerith lives on Cloud? And that line, how Aerith's consciousness lives inside of Cloud means he could see her. I mean, he's the only one who could see her. Why is that? Sorry I'm asking so many questions!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

The children at the see and interact with her. Kadaj seems to see her (and interact with her, grabbing her hand), even when Cloud can't.

If 'living inside someone' is needed to see them, then Aerith lives in children and Kadaj. And Zack lives in Cloud as well.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

"Aerith returned to the Lifestream. But after that, she still exists in many people’s minds as someone very important... Two years after returning to the planet, Aerith still lives on in the hearts of her friends who saved the planet."
Giant orgy ftw!
He specifies that Aerith would be by Cloud's side, not anyone else.
Source, because I don't remember this. Cloud specifies that he'd be by Tifa's side forever in CoT. Nojima said they belong together.
Aeris who?
Once again, it's stated that Cloud is able to hear Aerith - not anyone else.
WTF? The kids, Kadaj, Tifa, even Marlene all interact with Aeris in some way. The kids see her, Kadaj sees/hears her, Tifa senses her near etc.

Cloud isn't special

Thanks for clarifying that irrelevant scan, everyone.
There's plenty of magazine speculation about C/T too, if you wanna start comparing. LOL
Cloud's main squeeze, anyone?

A

Great Old One

The children at the see and interact with her. Kadaj seems to see her (and interact with her, grabbing her hand), even when Cloud can't.
But wait... the Bahumat scene? I thought Aerith grabbed his hand? And she touched Cloud's arm.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer

Eh? She was pointing out that others can see her/feel too. yes Cloud grabbed her hand, but Kadaj was able to do the same.

Source, because I don't remember this. Cloud specifies that he'd be by Tifa's side forever in CoT. Nojima said they belong together.
Aeris who?
In RF, I think that Nojima said something about wanting to show that Aeris was still by Cloud's side (spiritually, of course). Of course, it also has babble about how Cloud's living his life for Zack, blah, blah. Nothing romantic at all, as usually.

Of course, they ignore completely stuff about Tifa being with Cloud,and how they have a long history of memories together that is connected to their future.

I mean, he's the only one who could see her. Why is that?
Ain't hard to figure out -- he's the only one who needs to see her. The others aren't suffering over guilt-over-death or anything. So why would she appear to them for?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=butterflybookmark link=topic=53.msg9285#msg9285 date=1232330655]
But wait... the Bahumat scene? I thought Aerith grabbed his hand? And she touched Cloud's arm.
[/quote]
The note I added made it a little confusing, but I meant in the scene with Kadaj, while he seems to see Aerith, Cloud (or at least the viewer, but we usually see her when he can) doesn't see anything.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg9274#msg9274 date=1232324823]
Where did he say that?

I just watched the bit about 'living on', which had Nomura saying he wanted to show that the consciousness lives on.

Then Nojima talks about his children being born, and his grandmother passing away, and that he thought of it like a cycle of life where one life ends and another begins (I think the subtitles have this mistranslated as 'makes me feel human' instead).
[/quote]

It's been awhile since I watched all of Distance, so I might be misremembering Nojima's voice for Nomura's. In either case, the fillial nature of it all stands out.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

It really is silly how the Clerii have decided that Cloud is Tifa's giant son, that she wants to mother him and he wants to be mothered... It's somehow not bad for Cloud to be a child, but Tifa can't have any motherly feelings.

Their roles in this family unit have been defined. Tifa is an 'important woman' to Cloud, and part of his family(Ulti). Tifa isn't just a childhood friend, she's the 'mother' of the family(RF).

And it's not like Cloud has never mentioned as the father of the family, either. Case of Tifa talks about customers reassuring Tifa that she, Cloud and the children couldn't be a more normal family. As in parentS and children. And then this:

"Seated at the table after hours, you might have said Cloud, Marlene, and Denzel resembled a slightly young father and his kids. Whenever she felt like it, Tifa could have sat at the table, too, and been greeted by smiles."

This is after Tifa's 'new emotions' grow inside her. Obviously, Nojima still wants them both to be seen as parents.

edit- Oops. Didn't notice all the new replies. Oh well. :D

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I always thought that at least Tifa's love for Cloud was terribly obvious, so all of these claims about Tifa seeing Cloud as a son, and her being the Mother of everyone, is really just pathetic. ::) Tifa is clearly madly in love with Cloud. And it's kind of strange, if she felt like a Mother, why would she even ask if Cloud loves her in CoT? Why would RF/UO separate her from the word Mother?

Really, ridiculous stuff here. ::)

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

Though SE stated, and not once at that, that Tifa and Cloud are parents to the family they were forming in Edge, I find it a bit confusing, considering that Barret is still Marlene's father(?). He entrusted Marlene to Cloud and Tifa's care, but whom Marlene considers her father (more), Cloud or Barret?
We know that Tifa is Denzel's mother (Barret's comment in AC) and Cloud is the father/hero figure for him, but what about Marlene? Tifa thinks of her as her daughter in CoT and we see Cloud and Tifa`s drawings made by Marlene placed together, while the drawing of Barret was hanging on another wall in her and Denzel's room...
I'm sorry if my post came out lamely, I'm just a bit confused myself.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=53.msg9294#msg9294 date=1232332929]
Tifa thinks of her as her daughter in CoT and we see Cloud and Tifa`s drawings made by Marlene placed together, while the drawing of Barret was hanging on another wall in her and Denzel's room...
[/quote]
Stupid Tifa and stupid Cloud aren't worthy to have their stupid pictures hanging next to the Great Barret's.

She probably just stuck those two together to appease Tifa and her needy clingy delusions.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

He entrusted Marlene to Cloud and Tifa's care, but whom Marlene considers her father (more), Cloud or Barret?

I guess if Marlene goes on living with Cloud and Tifa like she is now, Barret will eventually...become more of an uncle to her or something?

It is pretty weird.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer

Stupid Tifa and stupid Cloud aren't worthy to have their stupid pictures hanging next to the Great Barret's.

She probably just stuck those two together to appease Tifa and her needy clingy delusions.

And Cloud looks "sad as hell" in that pic anyway.:monster:

I guess if Marlene goes on living with Cloud and Tifa like she is now, Barret will eventually...become more of an uncle to her or something?

It is pretty weird.

I guess SE/Barret realised that Marlene needs a proper parents/family, since he's away all the time, so they made Cloud and Tifa her parents. That does sound reasonable.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

It's not entirely correct to think of it just from a single perspective.

Cloud and Tifa consider themselves the parents or at least guardians of Denzel and Marlene, and I presume Denzel, who grew up in a traditional home views them the same way, but I bet Marlene, who was raised somewhat communally, sees it slightly differently. Barrett is her only Father, but Cloud and Tifa are also her parents. I figure she would have seen Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge in the same light.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda

Yeah, you're right. I bet she got along with Wedge especially well. He seemed like the type to be good with kids; seemed friendly and patient.

*sniff* I miss Wedge. :/

juniper

Lv. 25 Adventurer

"They attract to each other by mutual feelings similar to friendship, because they're both juvenile, if you call it love..."

Does anyone here know who said this? I got this shown to me to try to disprove that Zack and Aerith were in love. That, and some quote about their relationship being one of 'platonic love'.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

[quote author=juniper link=topic=53.msg9329#msg9329 date=1232354981]
Does anyone here know who said this? I got this shown to me to try to disprove that Zack and Aerith were in love. That, and some quote about their relationship being one of 'platonic love'.
[/quote]

The Japanese word here was koi, IINM, so the relationship Zack and Aerith had was definitely romantic. 'Platonic romance' would probably have been an alternative way of translating that part.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

There was a statement saying it was a platonic love (??????????.

I think it was the Crisis Core Ultimania. Are there scans of it (the character profiles) online?

That other quote (although that translation sounds a little awkward) sounds familiar. Another CCU quote? One of those story introductions at the beginning of chapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom