The General Turks Worship Thread

I just figured out the reason that picture of Reno and Rude looks so oddly appealing. He and Rude have completely switched looks. God I'm slow on the uptake.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
tumblr_lvvbofA0gy1r3wnawo1_400.jpg

I've posted this one before but every time I see it it makes me melt. Rude just looks so yummy.:P

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Hey gaiz remember when we were looking for real life look-alikes of the Turks :awesome: I just happened to be in the mood today to look for a Rufus and was a bit surprised there seems to be no one who's spot-on, even among male models :( I found this
tumblr_lqio3xliRc1qhg85wo1_500.jpg
though among all the others

Big images ahead:
tumblr_m7aqnbTP1U1r0wxpxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgkpvpayVJ1rn4cf2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lxk2xgi9bA1qbmunxo1_1280.jpg
Woah his ears are huge!

And I just have to add this:

tumblr_lp2c809IYc1qlmv9uo1_1280.jpg

Lol I kid. But what's with those hideous shoes??

Dayum these models look sooo perfect it's almost unreal. I feel like watching Zoolander now

tumblr_ljbgd6lEqS1qckoc7o1_400.gif

Morello

Pro Adventurer
Ooh yes - he's got a great face-shape for Rufus. In that second picture he looks very like AC Rufus. I think Leif Stacey is quite Rufusy but his jaw is too square. In some pictures, and at some angles, he makes a good Rufus though:

leifrufus2.jpg

leifrufus3.jpg

LeifStacey1.jpg

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I think Leif Stacey is quite Rufusy but his jaw is too square. In some pictures, and at some angles, he makes a good Rufus though

I could live with him in the live action film version.

Yes, he does as give off more of a 'mature' vibe, which is more Rufusy, as opposed to the first model (Jakob Hybholt) who's more on the boyish side

Seems we have multiple candidates for look-alikes, looks like a good topic for a poll :desu: But we still don't have a Reno and Elena :(

Isn't this like, the sexiest place in the forum :desu: I mean, where else can you find NSFW fanarts, yaoi, erotica discussion, Fifty Shades parody and male supermodels all in one thread :lol:

I'm sure Cherry has some much better suggestions for Reno than any I could come up with, but here's four for starters:

images-1-3_zps2f486f95.jpeg

He's getting a bit long in the tooth now (but still sexy). He was so good as the frightening obsessive and vindictive Soames in the Forstye Saga ten years ago. Am I the only one who remembers that show?

910e545d7537be6148b7923aa86d2144_zpsecc752c0.png

Like 99.99% of the world's female population, I just like looking at him. He doesn't look the part, exactly, but he has the charm. I think he could make the role his own.

tom_hiddleston_01_zps838fc53a.jpg

Because for one thing he looks the part, and for another he can act. Also cheekbones.

4941556317_5160591717_zpscb2b3a0b.jpg

He has the right hair and he looks seedy enough.

takeshikaneshiro_zpsdaf8ad3d.jpg

I do not understand why Kaneshiro is not a major Hollywood star. Maybe he just doesn't want to be?

Elena is the hardest of all to cast, I think. She has to be something more than a generically pretty petite blonde girl. There has to be some obvious steel in her.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
I just figured out the reason that picture of Reno and Rude looks so oddly appealing. He and Rude have completely switched looks. God I'm slow on the uptake.

When I noticed that my first thought was...it's like if you combined them you'd get even more pretty. Which led me to say

Me: Reno and Rude should have children
Friend: I thought you didn't ship that
Me: I don't ship it, I just want to breed them or combine them with science
Friend: Ok, now we're into Hojo territory.

@ Unlucky

I love that beautiful creature, very attractive...in fact exactly my aesthetic for what I like in a person.

There's this one guy in Kill Bill, in the Crazy 88, who looks like either Reno or Rod

http://byebirdiebelle.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/crazy88_66143.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlu_xo79k8

Too old for the role now, but for Elena

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080325074629/stargate/images/1/1a/Carter_cotg.jpg

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I haven't seen Lewis or Hiddleston (outside of his Loki role) act yet but I agree about JGL, I think he can pull it off really well. I love him a lot <3 Visually I think a half-Asian would best resemble Reno but there's not a lot that I know of..

takeshikaneshiro_zpsdaf8ad3d.jpg

I do not understand why Kaneshiro is not a major Hollywood star. Maybe he just doesn't want to be?

I remember coming across an interview where he says he's not that interested in Hollywood. And sources say he's a very very discreet actor so that may also be a reason.

Ah he says it here:

He did an English movie once with Mira Sorvino (Too Tired to Die). Haven't seen all of it but from what I managed to watch in YT, I think part of why it didn't work was because he's obviously not a native English speaker so his character seemed somehow disconnected from the others and it's all so unnatural /opinion

Elena is the hardest of all to cast, I think. She has to be something more than a generically pretty petite blonde girl. There has to be some obvious steel in her.
I have Izabella Miko in mind for Elena. I admit she looks too pretty (kinda like a girly version of Charlize Theron if you ask me), but idk there's something about her that makes me think she's got a few tricks up her sleeve and she's not exactly the sweet type you make her out to be

tumblr_lscnf4KwaE1qbwkv1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lyx7zzMTQT1qef6jao1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4gogrFIkN1qd5ug5o1_500.jpg

@ Unlucky

I love that beautiful creature, very attractive...in fact exactly my aesthetic for what I like in a person.

Yup he's exactly my type too. My standards are too damn high considering my level of (un)attractiveness :lol:

Maybe that's why I'm single for a while now? LOL

You guys should watch Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. The way they jest around each other and all the shenanigans make me think of the Turks in some way :desu:

Last edited:

Morello

Pro Adventurer
4941556317_5160591717_zpscb2b3a0b.jpg

He has the right hair and he looks seedy enough.

I like him. I think the trouble with casting Reno is that he's the one who changes most between the original game and Advent Children. Finding someone who can do seedy and bishie at the same time is pretty much impossible. In my headcanon Reno is a mix of various races. I think an ideal actor for him would have to have some unlikely combination of Asian and Irish genes, in which the recessive eye-colour and hair-colour genes had won through somehow. Which doesn't seem very likely!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so watchable in everything, I'm sure he could do a Reno. Ditto Tom Hiddleston. Damien Lewis seems a bit old now, but I was a Forsyte Saga addict and read all the books after seeing the TV version. He's a fine actor.

If we're looking for a bishier, more AC Reno this actor might work:
hayamimokomichi2.jpg

hayamimokomichi1.jpg
Other than him, I'm all out of Renos apart from the ones I've mentioned before (River Phoenix, Callum Keith Rennie, Shun Oguri, or a combination of all of them.) Reno's just too hard to cast!

I like both those possible Elenas, too. Cam, was yours in Stargate? She looks familiar. Or, in keeping with the sci-fi theme, how about Katee Sackhoff for Elena, in her Battlestar Galactica style?
KateeSackhoff1.jpg

Epic film clip, Cam. So Turk!

@Loki - Leif Stacey does look like Lazard - even more so in glasses. I think the blue of the jumper in that picture adds to the effect. But then, Lazard looks like Rufus, so perhaps we can let him get away with it?

I know Licorice has already found Tseng, but my nephews are mad on football and I saw this picture of Andy Carroll the other day that just reminded me of Tseng:
andycarroll1.jpg
Normally he looks nothing like him.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
A Turk movie directed by Quentin Tarantino...that could be the most awesome thing ever. Also very bloody.

Sometimes, the guys in my Turk group quote Pulp Fiction. I think Lee has all of Jules's lines memorized.

And Licorice and Cherry, you have seen "Kill Bill" before, right? If not, you really should. The Mise En Scene is heavily inspired by Japanese works including anime and it's really interesting.

And yes, that's the woman who plays Sam in SG1. A friend of mine said that when he first played FFVII Elena reminded her a Season 1 Carter. In my head canon, Elena and Gun's last name is Carter. Their mother's maiden name was Ripley after another female SciFi action hero.

Last names don't come up often, of course, because in my head canon all surnames are replaced with "of the Turks". This tradition started after Vincent's time...obviously. And there is an exception for marriage and death...so Elena's mom's name changed to Cartner when she married and that was name put on her grave, followed by the word Turk.

Ok that was morbid.

Cali

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Yay, a casting thread!
If I may, I'd like to propose Ando Masanobu for Reno, he's playing that evil kid in Battle Royale.
I think he can look both cute and creepy and most of all, he has the attitude. But he may be a little old now. Tom Hiddleston seems a bit too well-educated and elegant IMO.

I agree about Kaneshiro for Tseng.

The Rock for Rude would be perfect =D

I think that a young Michael Fassbender would make a great Rufus. He doesn't look exactly like him, but he has the magnetic aura and cold eyes.

And what about Carey Mulligan for Elena ? She's perhaps a little sad looking and not athletic enough for a Turk, but Elena has a rather petite frame so I think it might work.

Nice suggestions, Cali.

f.y.i, here's

305387_1262181877686-154res_248_360_zpsde6efd3a.jpg

Most Turk-like pose I could find. Even though Reno himself doesn't look particularly eastern to me (due to my default western aesthetic, no doubt), it seems that eastern actors look more like him than western ones.
I don't know if eastern is an acceptable term, but "Asian" to me means people from the Indian subcontinent, not Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mongolians, etc..., and I know that "Oriental" is unacceptable. Ir's kind of strange anyway to take the name of entire continent and use it as a blanket term for the general physical norm for people from one small part of that continent. Like, what is European? Big tall blond Dutch people and sexy sultry dark-haired Spaniards are all European. And "African" is even more diverse. But I digress.]

carey-mulligan-short-hair-twist_zpsc9831584.jpg

I think she might make a better Aerith.

I really like the suggestion of Starbuck (I can't remember her real name) as Elena. Of all the fictional heroines I've ever encountered, Starbuck is the one I most wanted to be.

Takizawa could easily be Rufus.

Edited to add: Oh my god, Kaneshiro in that interview is so adorable. Surely he is the sexiest man alive.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
My only stipulation for Elena is that she have BROWN eyes. Because y'know...she does :monster: One of my pet hates is fanart where they get characters eye colours all wrong.

I've no objection to a non-brown-eyed actress because contact lenses exist.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Yes, I don't understand why people say she has blue eyes? I see that a lot in fanfic. I guess people assume blondes would have blue eyes.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I don't know if eastern is an acceptable term, but "Asian" to me means people from the Indian subcontinent, not Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mongolians, etc..., and I know that "Oriental" is unacceptable. Ir's kind of strange anyway to take the name of entire continent and use it as a blanket term for the general physical norm for people from one small part of that continent. Like, what is European? Big tall blond Dutch people and sexy sultry dark-haired Spaniards are all European. And "African" is even more diverse. But I digress.]

I think I know what you mean. I think using it as a blanket term caused a bit of a confusion, it's a bit surprising sometimes that some people don't know that Indians and Arabs are technically also 'Asians'. 'Oriental' is clearer to me but I've heard it's derogatory, I don't understand why but oh well

Edited to add: Oh my god, Kaneshiro in that interview is so adorable. Surely he is the sexiest man alive.
I can't get enough of the man, it's a shame most of his movies are hard to find :rage: Just recently I bought a Blu-ray copy of House of Flying Daggers so I could ogle at him HD :desu:

I just remembered, I had a friend who looked Kaneshiro-ish, but nobody liked him for his shit personality. He seriously thinks he could get away with everything. Went out with him once and all he could talk about was himself and his 'stalkers'. Well I guess if you look that beautiful it really goes into your head :hohum:

tumblr_mbhnyruRsd1qeovlro1_500.png

tumblr_m3mclczD4y1rpt6ufo1_400.gif

tumblr_mdux3lENFk1rolnb9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpeo8jo4UY1r0sm14o1_1280.jpg

Looking at his other pics I think he can also be Squall

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'd say the Rock is a decent fit for Rude, and I don't know if it's me, but if there ever were a live-action FFVII movie with him cast in the role, Dwayne's personality would be too overpowering, even if they tell him not to say much. It would just look like The Rock in a business suit to me. Plus he's waaay too puffy, even when he slims down for roles.

This has been something that's always bugged me, so kudos for Nomura and design team for making something so complicated as finding a real-life Rude, when it should be incredibly simple (bald man in a standard business suit). Not a single cosplay I have found fits him, it's usually Steve Austin looking people. He's South American so I try googling every now and then, looking for shaved headed, narrow-jawed male models, but still nothing comes close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom