The Last of Us

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I still haven't got this game but methinks I'll get it tomorrow.
What's the DLC like? (if any)

Edit:
Partially answered my own question:

At the PlayStation 4 Launch Event on November 14, 2013 a new DLC titled "Left Behind" was announced. The content will serve as a prequel to the main storyline and it was announced to feature Ellie and feature her friend Riley.[55] Left Behind will release on February 14, 2014

And does anyone have any hints/tips for starting out?

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
So I got it. :monster:

Haven't gotten to far yet, I'm loving it so far.
My car just crashed, time to kill some bandits!

The Good:
- It's beautifully bleak, the overgrown cityscape is wonderful.
- I've noticed there aren't any load screens, which helps the immersion.
- Characterization is brilliant, I'm looking forward to more of Joel & Elle's interaction.
- Gameplay reminds me of the older Silent Hill games. Ammo & health items are precious and I try to stick to stealth & hiding.

The Bad:
- I suck at this game, I can't aim for shit. :wacky:
- Clickers! :aah:

Lex

Administrator
The clickers are fucking horrific. HORRIFIC. It's a game that's genuinely challenging even on normal. I'll never forget trying to get through that bit later on in the tunnel with the water. Genuine shudders thinking about it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The clickers scare the fucking shit out of me and nothing really has in games.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I almost had a heart attack after a clicker jump scared me when I was trying to restart the electric plant. I hate them, I hate them so much.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'll give proper thoughts later but right now I can say I fucking loved it, I thought it was fantastic.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
First off, it was awesome. Second, I feel like it was a bit short on content for 15$, but because it was so awesome I don't care that much. Third: High-fives all around for lesbians!

no but rly i was playing it and was like okay i know these two are supposed to be best friends but damn they seem really gay

and then

they were??

i was actually shocked this never happens

anyways yeah the writing was absolutely superb and I felt like I had been stabbed in the chest because of EMOTIONS and PAIN and YOU GUYS ARE SO HAPPY AND CUTE RIGHT NOW BUT I ALREADY KNOW HOW THIS STORY ENDS AND OH GOD WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME NAUGHTY DOG

The combat wasn't anything new really but you did get the opportunity to sick infected people on hunters and watch them slaughter each other which is kinda fun.

so yep 10/10 would recommend

WAIT NO MAKE THAT 12/10 FOR PUNS OH MY GOD A BOOK FULL OF PUNS WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED FROM A VIDEO GAME

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
5.3 GB!?

It took me 6 hours to download Left Behind. :wacky:
I bet you can complete it in less time than that.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm playing the original game on loan right now.

Yes, that is how you open a horror game. This will probably be one of my favorite parts. Just enough gore and suspense to feel uprooted. Not really feeling the stealth parts right now, but the Metal Gears have taught me enough to get past this part with minimal confrontation. I'm not really mixing it up though, just snapping everybody's necks. :monster:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I felt like I had been stabbed in the chest because of EMOTIONS and PAIN and YOU GUYS ARE SO HAPPY AND CUTE RIGHT NOW BUT I ALREADY KNOW HOW THIS STORY ENDS AND OH GOD WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME NAUGHTY DOG

^ This. :scared:
It was downright painful watching them be happy knowing how it ends. I think it is very easy to become emotionally invested in the characters.

9 out of 10.
I'm taking half a point off because its short and half a point off because of my feels. Also: there were more Clickers. :aah:

Lex

Administrator
Thank you so much for sharing that. I just watched the whole thing and it's pretty immense.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
The Last Of Us Movie Adaptation Moving Forward

Deadline Hollywood today confirmed that Screen Gems will distribute a live-action film adaptation of The Last of Us, and that Neil Druckmann, the creative director of the game, is writing the script. Naughty Dog’s Evan Wells, Christophe Balestra, and Bruce Straley are also joining the creative team, partnering with Sam Raimi and his Ghost House Pictures to craft the film.

The news comes in the months following nearly universal acclaim for The Last of Us, and numerous Game of the Year accolades, including our own. The story arc of The Last of Us is one of the most praised elements of the game, but it remains to be seen how closely the movie adaptation will stick to that narrative framework.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I doubt she would, considering her reported reaction to Ellie's similarity to her. I would be awesome to set it 5-10 years later, and have her play the role.

I hope its not just a straight adaptation.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't hold my breath, the Uncharted adaptation has been in development hell forever :monster:

Though other than the developer of the original game being Naughty Dog, I suppose these are two entirely different entities. Cautiously optimistic.

EDIT:
I hope its not just a straight adaptation.

Why? Or, in what sense? Are you saying you hope the movie isn't the story of The Last of Us at all or are you saying you hope its not too similar?

Because tbh, I'd be delighted if it was just a straight adaptation, with some differences here and there with respect to the places they go. The strength of this game's story is
the relationship between Joel and Ellie and the ending
so tbh I wouldn't want them to change very much.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
I've already experienced The Last Of US. I'd rather have them tell someone else's story within that world. Expand the universe

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dmr1cnC.png

Never got around to getting this on PS3. Guess I might as well wait for the PS4 version then. :P

Top Bottom