• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast – Episode 26

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

It's the 26th episode of The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast! Join Flintlock, Lex, Lith and Tennyo as they discuss the latest Final Fantasy news – and there's a lot of it!

News featuring in this episode includes:

This episode did not have a main discussion topic for time reasons, but we'd still like to hear your suggestions for future topics and general feedback! Email us at [email protected], comment on our YouTube upload of this episode, post in this thread or leave a comment on the front page article and we'll read a selection of your feedback in the next episode! We'd also appreciate it if you could leave us a review on iTunes.

Music appearing on this podcast:
Total run time: 1:57:48. Contains explicit language.

With thanks to Tennyo, ChipNoir and Pixel.

Pixel

The Pixie King
The thing about Aerith wanting to come back, that's from OTWTAS Episode Lifestream.
He was apparently going to use separate entities to be his agents. The woman asked herself if she could do the same. However, she soon changed her mind. Even if it were possible, I want to meet Cloud the way he knows me.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Enjoyed listening to this, as usual. :D A couple things I want to mention:

"Tidus gets his head blown off by a blitzball" almost gave me a laughing fit and I might've spilt some tea onto my desk. Just a bit. :wacky: Thank you for that and the whole discussion about the fuck storm that that audio drama was about, it was hilarious. XD

As for a general comment, the uh, what would you call it, music/audio cues in the podcast? They're quite loud compared to the actual voices. I usually have the volume up fairly high so I can hear everyone clearly (some voices, like Lith and Tenny's for example, were a bit quieter this episode), and then when the music cues start up my ears almost get blasted out. :monster: So I think if the volume of those bits were lowered, it'd only be a positive thing. Thought I'd mention it! :)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hahah we've already gotten a less-than-positive comment on Youtube that railed us for knocking on the mobile games, saying that Square needs the money from these 'cash grab' mobile games to keep making more games, and that it doesn't seem like we 'love' the FF series, just specific games.

Bruh, I'll love the FF series until the end of time, but I'm not going to kiss the ass of every game that comes out. What benchmark does Square have to make any of their games better if no one criticizes them? That's not how the gaming industry works. Maybe some of us are a little negative on the podcasts, if members would like to join us to add another positive voice, they are more than welcome to do so.

Not all of us dig the mobile games, ok? Most of us like having a console in our hands. And I highly doubt Square needs the money from these cell phone games to keep the company afloat. Cell phone games are just very popular in Japan; that's why we've seen in increase in handheld titles.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
As for a general comment, the uh, what would you call it, music/audio cues in the podcast? They're quite loud compared to the actual voices. I usually have the volume up fairly high so I can hear everyone clearly (some voices, like Lith and Tenny's for example, were a bit quieter this episode), and then when the music cues start up my ears almost get blasted out. :monster: So I think if the volume of those bits were lowered, it'd only be a positive thing. Thought I'd mention it! :)

The audio on this podcast was kind of messed up. There were sections where our voices were quiet and I'd turn the sound up, then suddenly our voices would be super loud and I had to lower the volume on a section.

I tried. :(

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Thing is, they already broke all kinds of rules bringing Zack back in as complete a form as they did in the first place.

Like in the original Advent Children, you never get a good look at Aerith, you only see from the mouth down, or a wide shot of her and Cloud in the field together, or a her almost covered in light when she appear in the hans grab sequence and the moment Cloud turns around she's gone. They use the art direction to portray her as there but not fully there.

With Advent Children Complete they utterly threw that out of the window. Here's Zack, close up on his face, we fully take in his visage and he's ready to jump in and kill Sephiroth himself if Cloud would only ask. They completely comprised their original vision in favor of cheap fanservice. So I can't say SE deserves our faith that they would never have brought Zack and Aerith back for more had the Compilation continued.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Zack was only there to stop time and give Cloud encouragement. He was never corporeal enough to actually fight Sephiroth himself.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I don't think we're supposed to take it as literal that Zack was going to jump in. I just took it as Zack being Zack.

Zack was only there to stop time and give Cloud encouragement. He was never corporeal enough to actually fight Sephiroth himself.

Yeah, I took it as Zack being a joker; because he knows Cloud isn't the type of person to ask for help. So him offering to is kind of his way of giving Cloud that extra nudge.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Whether he is bluffing or not, it is Zack being Zack as you guys say.

Aerith clearly is quite different in death then she was in life either FFVII or Crisis Core. Even Sephiroth had give a lot of himself to the void and focus on his need to get back at Cloud alone to keep going. I can accept that, if it weren't for Zack in the same movie portrayed as having been absolutely uneffected by death in any way.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Aerith was the one who made it possible for Zack to pop up like that.

But like I said, it was only to give Cloud encouragement.

Aerith and Zack can't hang around like normal people. They did some spirit stuff in AC/C but the idea that they are both back for good and/or can come back as normal people just takes a massive shit all over the plot.

And at the end they go back to the Lifestream together.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
My impression of why Aerith's the way she is isn't anything to do with her own capabilities, and everything to do with Cloud's guilt. He literally can't look her in the eyes, he feels so guilty, right down to the subconscious level in which he's talking to her. It's said that people who have feelings of guilt because of lying often have trouble making eye contact, as you can read the truth in eyes if you're skilled enough. They seem to have gone with some sort of interpretation of that with Aerith. It isn't till Cloud's guilt is healed away that he (and the audience) are allowed to see Aerith's face.

With Zack, there was never any guilt. I suppose maybe Cloud might blame himself a little, but it was kinda obvious that with an entire army there, there was no way Zack was going to get ahead of ShinRa and avoid that fateful battle. Zack was dead the moment he decided to go back to Midgar.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Hey Flint, are you not uploading the podcast to website anymore? If not, it won't upload to iTunes. If you need some help getting the podcast uploaded let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The thing about Aerith wanting to come back, that's from OTWTAS Episode Lifestream.
He was apparently going to use separate entities to be his agents. The woman asked herself if she could do the same. However, she soon changed her mind. Even if it were possible, I want to meet Cloud the way he knows me.

This isn't entirely what I was talking about.

And now we have this post that more perfectly describes what I meant.

I think I was trying to tiptoe a little too much. :P

Top Bottom