The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

Administrator
Aw honey pie <3

No you couldn't. There's a daily limit on how much a single person can contribute, so we need people in the raw numbers with crafters at 50. It's advertisin' time :monster:

Lex

Administrator
But you'd only be able to hand in like 3 of them or something anyway. The way the airship crafting works is like... staggered depending on what class you are and which character hands the stuff in. It's dumb as fuck.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Does a character have to be 50+, or just have the item in their inventory?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Bah, my Internet's still too borked for Cerberus. Broke 3 times during Duty finding. I will say your economy is nice tho.

I dropped a million gil into the chest. Spend it. :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Thinking about leveling blacksmith, unless something else would be more needed?

EDIT: Meant to say armorer actually.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Been playing catchup with my character. I am on the last push of the "Through The Maelstrom" questline (yes, I am that far behind). My most noticeable achievement is having beaten Garuda (Extreme) and getting the Xanthos mount on my first attempt. My ilvl is around 106 now thanks to a lot of new gear, the Relic Reborn Gae Bolg and a few purchases.

11402617_10155846168010235_8641773595247174072_o.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Here have a couple pictures.

1xnJVEQ.png
M09Lmpp.png

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I was just going to say that I don't remember chocobos being THAT big and then realised you were sat down. :monster:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I just got to Armorer level 34 last night. Getting there... I might level blacksmith too afterwards. It actually goes pretty fast if anyone else is interested in leveling a craft for helping with the airship (nudge nudge). All I have been doing is the GC supply and provisioning daily and daily Ixali beast tribe quests, which give a ton of xp. It would go even faster obviously if I was focusing on it more and doing leves also.

Oh yeah, and the Ixali quests don't require real mats (except for one that lets you turn in real crafted items for extra xp and rep), so it is a very inexpensive way to level a crafting class as well.

Lex

Administrator
I have to get CRP up but I'm struggling with it because the mats are so expensive D:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Joe: A bit late but I got the Setzer Barding too. I switched back to Crested Barding for the time being to match my heavily armored Warrior. Also that moonlight pic is gorgeous...

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
So, since I got Armorer to 50, I contributed some airship materials. I am working on Blacksmith now. I will have both of those covered for airship materials. Also, Armorer 50 allow you to make a moogle mailbox for housing, so I made one and put it by the front door. :)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My first paycheck is in, which means I'm finally able to change worlds.

However, I have two small problems to consider - namely, the world/server change.

I'm in a FC currently, which has about 30 members and there's usually people on at all times of day. However, this is largely due to a merger with another FC, which happened about a month and a half ago, all of whom are people I don't know in any capacity (my two friends in the FC knew them through a linkshell or somesuch, idk). My two friends (whom any longtime TLS user would know - one is currently IP banned) generally tend to spend a lot of time doing content with them, and it's pretty rare I do anything other than solo stuff when I play. Which isn't fun. This is why I want to change servers.

However, I'm not stupid, and am fully aware that this is going to piss my friends off. A lot. Like...a lot, a lot.

The second consideration is simpler - which world to transfer to? I could come to Cerb with you guys; I could move to Gilgamesh with my new FF friend from work (he said he would pay me to move lol); or I could move to Behemoth, which I know is active and have made some internet-type friends on via twitch streams and the like.

What should I do?

Lex

Administrator
We'd love you to come to Cerbs meggy but do what's best for you. The EU thing is a non-issue because cerberus is one of the most populated in the world and there are a load of murcans on, but if it's going to cause problems with folks maybe option three is your best bet, idk. We'd love to have you anyway <3

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
^This.

The only reason I'm still in Aether-Goblin rather than heading to Diablos with one of my friends, Balmung with another one of my better friends, or Cerbs with you all is because I'm tied down to an FC that consists of like 5 active members of which my wife and I are two. The other three are my good friends, but if I transition the FC would fall apart and I would feel guilty as hell.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
We'd love you to come to Cerbs meggy but do what's best for you. The EU thing is a non-issue because cerberus is one of the most populated in the world and there are a load of murcans on, but if it's going to cause problems with folks maybe option three is your best bet, idk. We'd love to have you anyway <3
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR ME

I JUST WANT TO CRAFT THINGS AND MAKE MONEY AND DO THINGS WITH PEOPLE ;.;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I like the TLS fc, it's a very cool sort of online home. Usually I'm chilling out at the house while idling and crafting (it's also the quickest TP to Marketboard there is which is <3). I also love the FCs around ours because they are all friendly and will do content with you. It's also just nice to see faces from TLS pop on from time to time like the occasional Force/Avec appearance or a lot more during the free weekends.

Cerbs is cool. There's lots of people to play with and they are reasonably friendly before the fifth or so wipe :mon:.
Plus I'm on Cerberus so like what are you waiting for.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I will be bringing my main character (named Jason Tandro) over sometime this paycheck. I also have a Lalafell character I've been playing as named Aliceis Butz. List it! Thanks! :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
The Transfer is underway. Jason Tandro should be in Cerberus by the end of the day.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Triple-posting... wow, Don't you have to be a spam bot or Username to attract such an honor?

Just letting you all know, I used my free "Fantasia" for my character to switch my Lalafell character to a Mi'qote. I did this for three reasons:

1) The hilarious name "Aliceis Butz" was a joke name for a joke character and his race was chosen to match. This character has been given a shove into legitimate and deserves an appropriate style and moniker (the name change will have to come later though).

2) I don't really care for the Lalafell design. To be honest I find most of the races in the game unappealing except Hyur and Mi'qote. I guess that makes me a fantasy racist :monster:. But no, Elezen (Elves) are basically your bog standard tall and pointy lot, Roegadyn all look like Ganondorf after he fell off the wagons of sobriety and diet and Lalafell, while adorable, don't really scream warrior class (If i liked magic more, then maybe, but I find magic unwieldy...) . Maybe I'll try a pure merchant class next one and give it a go again.

3) This is a minor point but the POV camera didn't match up perfectly with where the head should be and that irks me. I guess they're trying for a neutral angle that doesn't give you a disadvantage in combat but it shunts the immersion a wee bit. Unless Aliceis has a go-go-gadget neck extension it's off-putting.

So if you see him again he'll be Mi'qote. Still trying to think of a good name. Perhaps Khajitt Haswares, but that's a little too punny even for me. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Member List:
Carlie - Aeryn Nagasaki[/I]
Marcus - Alistair Highwind
ForceStealer - Amalek Hezremonde
Satsu - Anaea Oaks

Arianna - Ariannyaq Morningwood
Cher Horrowitz - Avengeline Amnell
FISH - Clair Delune
AvecAloes - Evelyn Hanami

Knuxson - Kaylan Greyashe