The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Ah, so it's just the PC script. I was aware of that version and some of its differences(Like "This guy is sick."), but I was unaware that Eidos did that translation.

Lex

Administrator
It's not a translation, it's just the original English translation from the Playstation version that was tweaked for the PC release. Considering some of the differences, I'm 100% sure they didn't check it against the original Japanese script at all.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
THAT'S why I never remembered seeing "This guy are sick" in the game... I always played the PC version. I never knew that they had different scripts... awesome :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Since we've confirmed Nojima's involvement with the Ultimanias, what does this make of this passage from the new FFX-2.5 novel, Eternal Cost?:

気づくと、恋をしていた。気持ちを確かめ合った日に、別れが決まっていたような恋だった。

"Then he realized he had fallen in love. On the day that they confirmed their feelings for each other, it was like a love that would inevitably end."

Now, where have we seen 気持ちを確かめ合った ("confirmed their feelings together") before? :awesome:

I'm calling it: Nojima said that Tidus rejected Yuna because he still had feelings for Rikku.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Since we've confirmed Nojima's involvement with the Ultimanias
I'm still sitting here wondering why we needed to do this.

BTW Tres, can i post that on tumblr?

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I feel so privileged that I played the PS version and got acquainted with "this guy are sick." Such an unforgettable experience.

Since we've confirmed Nojima's involvement with the Ultimanias, what does this make of this passage from the new FFX-2.5 novel, Eternal Cost?:

気づくと、恋をしていた。気持ちを確かめ合った日に、別れが決まっていたような恋だった。

"Then he realized he had fallen in love. On the day that they confirmed their feelings for each other, it was like a love that would inevitably end."

Now, where have we seen 気持ちを確かめ合った ("confirmed their feelings together") before? :awesome:

I'm calling it: Nojima said that Tidus rejected Yuna because he still had feelings for Rikku.

Well yeah, but you left out the next part: it was like a love that would inevitably end.

a love that would inevitably end.

inevitably end.

end.

:monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How old was sh-... you know what, never mind, I don't wanna know

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
What about the desserts though!? :O

O_O

thanks for bringing that up, really. funny how HP keeps being brought up in the LTD; i'll never exactly know why it does. anyway it was like you were on que; you said the perfect lines.

so i got this awesome harry potter ultimate collection for christmas, but got it a few days afterwards in the mail (so really it was a christmas gift, but not on christmas, why in the heck am i talking about myself like you guys care? :/) and inside there is this book of HP stuff.

lets take a look inside. ok?

so here's the
HP1_zps05f10d87.jpg
, and here's some cool hermione things.
HP3_zps175368a6.jpg
we see her pretty necklace, her pretty face the time locket etc. oh! but what do we have here? some HP wands at the bottom of the page.
HP3-Copy2_zpsf45a787c.jpg
as what is that exactly? only three - harry, dumbley, and hermione. ron isnt anywhere to be seen. so obviously K rowling (not WB marketing and nothing less, right?) is giving us a small clue to-

hold on!

look at your top right at the bigger page. more wands! and this time it's hermione's directly under harry's. and not only that, but
HP3-Copy_zps97bf484b.jpg
. well good gosh. its only two pages in the book and we already have two clues of obviousness.

so if we turn the page over we'll see Mr Lovegood's necklace, Malfoy's walking stick, and the complete wand set of Dumbly's Army.

HP2_zpsb0867b20.jpg

once again we see hermione under harry, making this the third reference to their true love.

HP2-Copy_zps7ec305fc.jpg

now you could argue that ron is under hermione, but men dont follow women lovers! women do, duh doy. when women follow the men it means true love. after all luna follows neville, and they are in love. (let us not not this means incest; ginny follows her brother)

and anyway the reason why ron appears at all is because he's part of Dumbly's army right? so he HAS to appear, it's not like he cannot be there and it'll make sense. and now that i really think about it, ron isnt a very important character. besides, hermione doesnt follow ron. she follows harry! more proofs!

now let us go to the next page.

HP4_zps15e565d3.jpg

we see all these wands, but if you turn your attention to
HP4-Copy_zps30d673d6.jpg
ron isnt even listed! so my argument of ron being in the Army set because he has to is correct after all. oh and what's this again? hermione is under harry again, while ginny (his "soulmate) is three whole times underneath.

so much for true love.

ok done with these pages. now for the last.

HP5_zps6b05f202.jpg

here we have harry and hermione having matching artifact boxes. and what? ron doesnt have one? all there is in that corner is the deluminator, which can be argued that it technically doesnt matter since it was DUMBLEDORE'S FIRST ANYWAY.

so those are 6 times harione is pointed out. ronxhermione - 0. ron alone is mentioned and at that only once; if you count the picture with Malfo's walking stick that makes twice. harry and hermione's pictures are seen three times - even matching true love pictures.

note; this article was written in complete inaccuracy and is not to be taken seriously in the least.

so yea, more proof that merchandise should NOT be taken seriously although, truthfully, that booklet has some pretty awesome stuff (i would probably buy 90% of the stuff if i had money like that). its just cash to put into WB's (if not K rowling's) pockets. that box in the booklet being filled is all they care about.

and it's very highly debatable that WB knows about the harione fandom anyway; so my guess it's a popularity test - maybe harry and hermione are more popular than ron. well if they know or not does this matter? that book was completely useless. for anything but buying. heck, if they placed ginny and harry side by side i'd strongly argue it wouldnt mean 1 thing. harry and hermione have matching wands and boxes. really? now im not saying this is actually taken seriously somewhere (i pray to the Lord that i'm right) but what if someone did? does the article above make sense?

smurf no.

nothing is wrong with exaggerating the "proof" and playing around with the book as proof of harione without taking it seriously.

but to provide food/merchandise that is for nothing (and i mean absolutely nothing) but money?

look even if the rapid clotis are delusional and all, don't you think you should respect the "morons" in the tiniest of bit by not insulting them by food/commercials etc?

once again, DO NOT - in anyway i dont mean in couples, but in anyway - use marketing to support any point you are trying to make. even if it could be legit (example, i dunno, harry and ginny matching backpacks) its not legit. its just for show. I.E. moolah. so please no merchandise/marketing. it looks laughable. it really does.

and that includes the dancing scene. we all know that isnt legit because cloud cant dance to save his spikey hairs. >.>

====================================
Actually I was kind of hoping Square Enix would have the balls to let
let Tidus stay ded/split the couple up for good
:monster: That's realistic as well, people die, it really sucks, you don't get to keep them :monster: It's like if
Tidus existence is really what is causing the instability of the far plane, and others are coming back, but it has to be fixed so they go back, then Tidus might have to go as well, those who are dead, those who've yet to die, people are going to keep dying, I really like Yuna/FFX but I can see people/Spirans thinking why does she get to be a special snowflake when we don't get to keep our loved ones? It's like yes she/Tidus saved the world but they still had their time together and those months they were at peace/had together on Besaid as well, it's like the ad campaign was saying, we never know how much time/how long we'll have together, so treasure it will you can.

with all honesty i didnt "see" cloti like most people have. i was told in the AC '05 special features by nomura that cloud loved her so i dont "see" matching "comparisons" so to speak. i agree with Splintered anyway; i dont like comparing couples anyhow. i still detest couples - cloti, zerith (maybe even clerith) are my only exceptions.

but i do have an additional predicament to drop in the collectible library of the HW scene of the LS site.

i think
is more to it, more than xenogears. i find xenogears's lines more similar, but the scene is very different to me. this one is more to it in a way (the over acting of the man is hilarious though XD).

you know this makes [spoiler="it" -] talking under the HW or otherwise[/spoiler] even more silly. almost the same thing happened with the persons; the male acting completely different compared to his other self about a few hours ago - I.E. suddenly chipper, optimistic, greeting warmly, shocking/surprising others with his new (or suddenly regained) attitude - the girl silent or embarrassed by looking away, blushing, turning from comrades faces etc. would you think he rejected her? that they became best friendsies?

or what about the idea of the final confirmation of making sure they were secure companions?

the one guy that had his hands on his hips was implying he heard her wails and protesting screams being of the boy giving her the cold shoulder?

or maybe the reason why the boy was so happy was because he had finally given her the exact deal on how he didnt love her and his chest was lifted from that huge burden.

no?

strange....very strange.....

i wouldnt exactly call that a risque scene, but still it implied a bit more than that hand holdin' that was shown before the end of the scene.

to think that the two of them would do anything less of what the scene is MEANT TO GIVE is quite astounding. and that you go as far as to say that the complete opposite happened - rejection - is just too asinine to even think about in seriousness for even 2 seconds. i mean...just who would even think that kind of thing in a setting like that? a normal person would know what happened.

so at the end of all my jabbering is what im trying to ask - why is it that we get twin scenes of the same content, yet one scene means mutual romance and the other complete opposite (rejection and wailing, and the boy being happy he bumped her off!)?

i'll leave this little thingie with the quote in the name of Christopher Lee:

Just because you write about something or read it, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to show it. In fact, very often, what you don't see, is more effective; [or] frighting; [or] suggestive; [or] erotic. Sometimes it's vital [to the storyline/plot/scene or moment at hand].

Madam Mayor mentioned it was back (http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?p=135747&highlight=RShXg3_YPuI#post135747) so i thought i'd just re-mention it again. : P

QWESTION TIME! :reptar:

i have a question about this quote:

During her lifetime in Midgar, she felt many souls of the ones that tried to confess their love. Those that still had those feelings or had those feelings left behind them could strongly retain their consciousness as a "whole".

does that mean that the voices aerith heard were from the lifestream? or just dreams or somewhere lost in Gaia....where did the voices come from? i was just thinkin' about it....because if they did come from the LS i have another theory coming up : P

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I went ahead and added the supervision/collaboration details of the Ultimanias into the "Judge of All the Earth" section of "Dilly Dally, Shilly Shally."

I don't mind making small edits like this involving information that was available before I published the analysis, but -- assuming it's wanted/considered relevant/necessary -- somebody else really needs to take upon themselves the self-torture of compiling information that came along after it was published. =P

Last edited:
I have to say I greatly admire your persistence with updating the LTD book. Great section you added there to Judge of All the Earth.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm annoyed at some of the replies now...

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't know what reality i'm in any more

i mean we're certainly come a long way from the old 'the ffvii ultimania omega says it's the literary part of the compilation' or something, but i don't think it's a good direction

i mean

seriously

are we actually doing this

are these things that are actually happening right now

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Answer me honestly: Did anyone who's been paying any attention to this debate for the last five years seriously expect "Nojima wrote the Ultimanias" to actually settle people's issues with them? These people have made denying the existence of facts into an art form.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Facts?! I'm not interested in facts, I find they tend to cloud my judgement :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, you tried, Que. What else can you do if someone insists on deferring to a 10-year-old mistranslation of a quote that predates the Ultimanias, relies only on one developer's input and contradicts multiple other statements by the same developer while not taking into account that new information could (and has) come along, while not allowing for the developer in question to ever change his mind and while putting forth a position for that developer (based on the mistranslation) that would -- if taken at face value -- mean there is no possibility of any statements on the matter in question ever being valid (i.e. Cloud can't have romantic feelings for either woman).

There is no consistent counterargument coming because there can't be one without abandoning the whole point of contention. We all just have to agree not to talk shit about each other on a personal level and ignore one another.

Last edited:

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
I haven't been very active with the LTD lately, but this latest argument is absolutely perplexing with the Ultimanias. It's like finding an end to Pi or something. I just don't understand the argument behind denying their canonicity, especially since it provides information on more than just the LTD. The 25th Anniversary Ultimania actually proved my headcanon of King Arthur being the last in the Knights of the Round materia. (Which I'll take to my grave as being canon now, notwithstanding anything said of the LTD, which I couldn't care less about...because it's King Arthur...yeah.)

Still, though, I appreciate everyone's contribution to the information surrounding the Ultimanias. I had no idea that Nomura and Nojima had a hand in overseeing the material, which went into each volume. That's something I'll certainly share with my friends and family, who also love the games! Thanks, everyone! :)

Last edited:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Been gone for a while and was expecting a whole new level of crazy in the LTD. I'm certainly not disappointed.

indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom