The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayM

Angry Lesbian
This is why I can't join forums anymore; I can't even keep up with one thread SIGH

でもね、ヒトさん、「ようとする」の説明してありがとう~ 大学の時から全部忘れちゃったね. このレズビアンは練習しなきゃ :no:

いつも日本語はLTDより面白いと思うね.

Also, is anyone else wigged out by the fact that a lot of those screencaps on The List are from AWHILE ago? So like...somewhere on a certain someone's comp there's a folder of screencaps of people being mean to her? That she just...KEEPS...on the off chance that someone will ask for proof or something? :huh:

supergumbo

Rookie Adventurer
Thank you
:kittyhug:

You have to eat your hat if you're wrong Ryu! :monster:

Hmmm, my guess was since it had Cloud and Aerith's name basically right next to each other with が between Cloud and Aerith (subject marker?) while Tifa's name wasn't mentioned till the end of the blurb that it might be referring to the scenerio where you have the option of favouring Aerith/going along with let's hope so with Marlene and she says she won't tell Tifa at the end, but really without knowing the context of the rest of the blurb it's hard to know what が is being used for I think? IDK, I should wait for Hawkeye :monster: It might not even be about you/Cloud favouring Aerith but about Marlene favouring Cloud and Aerith instead or what Ryu said or idk. So yeah I'm not sure anymore since I think I see the Japanese for "see" in there now so Ryu could be right :pinkmonster:

Or it can say Marlene sees the favor Cloud has for Aerith and promises not to tell Tifa. Wouldn't that throw a wrench in the LTD debate :pinkmonster:. But it may more likely be along the lines of Marlene seeing the favor Aerith has for Cloud and promises not to tell Tifa as Marlene was the one who posed the question. Now I'm interested in what that line says.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

If it is indeed favor from Cloud to Aerith then they have no reason to question Cloud's favor to Tifa. LOL that would be hilarious.

Last edited:

supergumbo

Rookie Adventurer
^

If it is indeed favor from Cloud to Aerith then they have no reason to question Cloud's favor to Tifa. LOL that would be hilarious.

The more hilarious thing is that it would effectively make both of them canon. FFVII would have the weirdest romance story in the entire franchise, and that Cloud is a two-timer who cannot commit to one woman.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
One quote says "hero wavers between two heroines at the beginning of the game."

beginning of the game technically

Again he could still have feelings for Aerith even if he's committed to Tifa at the later part of the story

JayM

Angry Lesbian
Again he could still have feelings for Aerith even if he's committed to Tifa at the later part of the story

^How I read canon anyway, although I'm not really seeing why the four-year-old's point of view somehow lends more credence to Clerith's existence.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

Again this is Marlene who proved that Cloud is invited to Barret's family instead. Becuase you know, Marlene's thought > SE quotes :awesome:

supergumbo

Rookie Adventurer
One quote says "hero wavers between two heroines at the beginning of the game."

beginning of the game technically

True. In the end, Cloud and Tifa still become a unit, so his initial feelings for Aerith wouldn't even matter. It does make the "both Aerith, who is forthright, and Tifa, who is demure, have feelings for Cloud but he is none the wiser to them." But I'm guessing that just means he didn't prefer one over the other at that given point.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This is why I can't join forums anymore; I can't even keep up with one thread SIGH

でもね、ヒトさん、「ようとする」の説明してありがとう~ 大学の時から全部忘れちゃったね. このレズビアンは練習しなきゃ :no:

いつも日本語はLTDより面白いと思うね.

Also, is anyone else wigged out by the fact that a lot of those screencaps on The List are from AWHILE ago? So like...somewhere on a certain someone's comp there's a folder of screencaps of people being mean to her? That she just...KEEPS...on the off chance that someone will ask for proof or something? :huh:
enemies folders, man. everyone should have one. (i can understand stuff that was sent to you and all, but saving posts that weren't made when you were there and keeping them for years is holding onto things for too long.)

also let's find more japanese things to talk about. damn i should revive my japanese thread.

i don't even have a side, i just keep teaming up with whoever suggests it
as long as you're on my side

(my side hates lightning/hope)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wow, one of those was one from a two week period like two years ago when I changed my name to Citan Uzuki to poke fun at the Xenosaga naming theme.

Cali holds a GRUDGE

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
^

No see, let me explain to you why the favor from Cloud to Aerith IS romantic, but it's not from Cloud to Tifa... :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Did anyone notice that all the examples of "Rabid Clotis"... were people shit talking only Cali?... so... wouldn't that just make us Rabid Cali Haters and not Rabid Clerith Haters/Cloti? :monster:

I actually found myself curious about whether or not I was on that list.

CBA to check, that's too many links for me to give a fuck about. :P

But I did needed a good chuckle, so I appreciated Danseru's thread all the same. :monster:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
True. In the end, Cloud and Tifa still become a unit, so his initial feelings for Aerith wouldn't even matter

It matters for my Clerith feels! :pinkmonster:

Or for reminding/reassuring myself I'm not crazy for thinking there might have been something there some/Cloud and Aerith were growing close or for having Clerith feels IDK :monster:

If it is indeed favor from Cloud to Aerith then they have no reason to question Cloud's favor to Tifa.

I wouldn't/don't do that

Seriously though, can't remember if I said this before but peoples here don't need to worry about me using stuffs from here in any anti Cloti works or anything like that, if I ever do an essay or w/e again it'll be the same as the last time, pro Clerith, not anti Cloti :salute: Sans anything I might have no control over like editorialising and such anyway.

That's just me but yeah :monster:

No problem Hawkeye, it was a working week when I asked afterall plus possibly family/friends/etc/other rl stuffs, the world doesn't revolve around the LT afterall :monster: Thanks again, I understand you'll get to it when you can

Or maybe if you don't have time to do the tranlate bit you could just scan stuffs for hito so he has works to do! :mjolnir:

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
hito said:
also let's find more japanese things to talk about. damn i should revive my japanese thread.

This might be the most exciting suggestion I've read in this thread. I'll just be waiting for this ok thanks.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Maidenofwar, I finally got around to that for you. It is, in a word, hilarious.

----
Marlene is a sharp girl
Even though she's only 4 years old, Marlene is perceptive and well attuned to the woman mind. This grownup behavior is demonstrated in the scene where she ascertains that Aerith has favor for Cloud and tells him so, then says "I won't tell Tifa!"

マリンはおませんな女の子
まだ4歳なのに、マリンはおしゃまで女心に敏感。エアリスがクラウドに好意を持っていることを見抜いて彼に報告し、「ティファには内緒にしておく」と一人前に気をまわすひと幕も。

http://i.imgur.com/AEAtKLU.jpg
----

Looks like Cloud's canon response to Marlene's "I bet she likes you, Cloud!" comment was "Let's hope so." :monster: Marlene only says "I won't tell Tifa!" if you pick that response.

But, hey, since I'm a biased Cloti there's no way I could have actually translated and reported accurately a statement that indicates Cloud having an interest in Aerith, right? :awesome:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that clearly isn't canon canon, the ultimania omega talks about it being optional

stop being such a clerith tres

supergumbo

Rookie Adventurer
Maidenofwar, I finally got around to that for you. It is, in a word, hilarious.

----
Marlene is a sharp girl
Even though she's only 4 years old, Marlene is perceptive and well attuned to the woman mind. The scene where she ascertains that Aerith has favor for Cloud and tells him so, then says "I won't tell Tifa!" demonstrates this grownup behavior.

マリンはおませんな女の子
まだ4歳なのに、マリンはおしゃまで女心に敏感。エアリスがクラウドに好意を持っていることを見抜いて彼に報告し、「ティファには内緒にしておく」と一人前に気をまわすひと幕も。

http://i.imgur.com/AEAtKLU.jpg
----

Looks like Cloud's canon response to Marlene's "I bet she likes you, Cloud!" comment was "Let's hope so." :monster: Marlene only says "I won't tell Tifa!" if you pick that response.

But, hey, since I'm a biased Cloti there's no way I could have actually translated and reported accurately a statement that indicates Cloud having an interest in Aerith, right? :awesome:

Well you're obviously a biased Cloti since the translation doesn't say anything about Cloud favoring Aerith.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
They're already all over it... man I want to make a tumblr post saying "This is a TLS translation, how do we know we can trust it?" so bad but...

no I'm going to.. this needs to be brought up...

Thank you Tres, I've been saying it for AGES now that Cloud did at least have romantic interest in Aerith. Nice to have something to back it up without question ^_^

EDIT
BTW where do you get demonstrates?

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
They're already all over it... man I want to make a tumblr post saying "This is a TLS translation, how do we know we can trust it?" so bad but...

Ahaha, I saw that post.
Thank you Tres, I've been saying it for AGES now that Cloud did at least have romantic interest in Aerith. Nice to have something to back it up without question ^_^
Agreed, I think Cloud clearly demonstrated interest (and interest in both girls) but sometimes getting people to agree to that is like pulling teeth. I don't see how romantic interest is somehow mutually exclusive, and Cloud was I dunno, seemed to warm up to Aerith really fast.

So if we agree that this segment is canon, then you have to agree with the other. Ohohoh the catch 22s.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so people lurk here to complain about translations they don't agree with, and jump on ones they do?

classic

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
If you had to agree to both segments to agree with one, then things would make sense. If things made sense, the LTD would have ended long before this incarnation came into existence. Things thus do not make sense and I have every expectation that many of the crazier Cleriths will jump on this and yet still stick their fingers in their ears and "lalala can't hear you!" at everything to do with Tifa.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Fucking funny.

Que said:

:monster:

BTW where do you get demonstrates?

まわす literally means "to turn," but it can be used to mean things like "to give" or "to tell" -- basically, "to present."

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i think people are going to believe the things they want to and doubt the ones that don't fit with their views. not that it's limited to one side, it just seems that one is more prominently vocal in their disagreement. (or maybe you don't notice when you're only on one 'side', idk)

the annoying thing isn't so much the disagreement, it's that anything that says something nice about cloud and tifa's relationship is automatically suspect. whereas no one seems to be taking a cautious stance on this new quote? which was translated by tres, who has just recently been twisting translations and missing/condensing words for his own desires! how can you suddenly trust such a man! (if a man he can so be called)

also when the arguments against don't make sense.

koi bito and tickets.

(i've never really being extra critical on translations coming from the c/a forum/fandom because they are fans of c/a, but because a lot of the ones in the past have just not been very good and i check everything i can.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom