The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Ello everyone.

So we’ve made it to the end of the first monthly TLS Movie Night (as hosted by moi) and I am so grateful that I am able to say to you all that it was a success… up to the point that Rabb.it crashed right as I was starting The Princess Bride. :wacky:

But even still!!! We had participants all through the event and there was a looot of laughs (and a few yelps) shared along the way.

I was stressing about this event allll week, and so I cannot tell you all how relieved and unbelievably happy I am that this was able to happen all with almost no hiccups (except for the occasional accidental remote thievery and the PG-13 viewing of Cabin in the Woods… :wacky:—thanks again for being such good sports about that). You couldn't wipe this stupid grin off my face if you tried! I’m already over rabb.it crashing I SWEAR.

Thank you everyone who took time out of their day to stop by, whether it was just to say hello or to watch a film with us. Shout out to @Minato, @Interslicery, and Flamey (not on the forum lmao) who were my constant companions through most of the event!!

Finally, please, everyone, give a round of applause to @Elessar and @BforB for sponsoring this movie night. Your generosity got me SHOOK!! Ya didn’t haveta!

What’s Next…

With 7 out of 8 votes, our theme for November is CULT CLASSICS.

You ain’t gotta get to hoppin’ on suggestin’ just yet, but it’s something to keep in mind. :monster:

So, I was thinking of setting up a patreon for this event for all of those who’d like to pitch in to assure that we can like… purchase films at a decent quality if needs be (let Cabin in the Woods be a lesson lmao)

I’d need to work on it, but I do know that transparency is of the utmost importance to me. I will be posting RECEIPTS.

More on this when I’m actually awake and halfway competent. :wackymonster: Thank you again!! Goodnight!! See you next month!!!
489458038676258826.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 9.14.12 PM.png

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Okay several things.

How does film purchase work for rabb.it?

Purchasing films only works when rabb.it will stream the site. T_T Like I had to mark vudu off mah gat dam list after experimenting this last movie night.

I'd be down as well.
What a great success! Fancy I'm so proud of you!

Àààà!! Thanks Jòè, husbando, and baby person!! I'm in talks with our overlord about funding. :megusta:

You have my sword.

I can also share my prime account, it has a shitload of movies.

DUUUUUUUUUDE i’ll keep that in mind, too generous! <3 :properhug:

Do these movies have to be bought in a legal manner caaaaaause I may have access to over 6tb of movies/TV series etc etc etc

Hahahaha, see, when I was researching how to host the films that won the popular votes, I was trying to host from sketchy sites n shit, but not only were the films a pain to try to find, but I didn’t want the films to look as though they’d been filmed with potatoes nah sayin??? So, I have no personal qualms about illegal streaming, but if purchasing it ensures higher quality and reliability, then I think the money is worth it.

That being said.. :kermit:

Do tell..

WOOOOOOOO I MADE THE SCREENSHOT!!!!!!!!!!

Fancy this event was FUN AF. Sorry for constantly pushing drinking games on everyone. I’m excited for the next one.

LOOOOOL GIRL STOP. PUSH THE GAMES HARDER. :touchingu:

I’m hyped, too!! ^_^

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Herro everyone.

So as you might've heard, rabb.it DOINK'd out on us just before the viewing of 'The Princess Bride.'

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be hosting a mini movie night this coming Saturday as a sort of revenge against rabb.it's doinking. :megusta:

It's just going to be three (or four, depends on traffic) showings of 'The Princess Bride' back to back starting at 17:00 UTC and ending whenever folks get tired, I guess. This is going to be super relaxed and we're going to be playing a lot of things by ear, but it'll pretty much follow the same format as a standard TLS Movie Night.

(in UTC)
17:00 - 18:45: The First Showing of The Princess Bride

18:45 - 19:45: Hour Long Intermission

19:45 - 21:30: The Second Showing of The Princess Bride

21:30 - 22:30: Hour Long Intermission

22:30 - 00:15: The Third (and potentially final) Showing of The Princess Bride

00:15 - 01:15: Hour Long Intermission

01:15 - 03:00: The Definite Final Showing of The Princess Bride

Whoot! Hope to see you there! :wacky: and let's hope rabb.it doesn't have another heart attack on the day. :ffuuu:

Last edited:
Top Bottom