The one true angel

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Aerith link=topic=232.msg24731#msg24731 date=1235869323]
Sephy's club seems to be a bit dead lately D: awww. I hope we get more posts soon.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +
[/quote]

Here's one! :monster:

So here it goes:

We know that Sephiroth became more powerful than ever between FFVII and AC, by corrupting the Lifestream through Geostigma and make it his own, achieving to an extent, what he wanted to achieve in FFVII.

But, in spite of Sephiroth using all his physical prowess against Cloud in AC, we only got some glimpses of his true power, like when he covered the sky with his Negative Lifestream or when he brought down the top of Shinra Building down with little exertion.

Wich was, as i already said, a very classy and tasteful way to show us how powerful Sephiroth was without falling in exageration. But my question is...

...how powerful Sephiroth really is?

Well, we already know about his physical power, in wich he displays superhuman strength, speed, the ability to fly, great resistance and a mastery in swordmanship.

He has also enormous spiritual power, since he was able to go beyond the laws of Nature and resist his own assimilation in the Lifestream two times, though his ressurection in those two ocasions was not an easy task. Being able to hold back Holy with nothing more than his sheer strength of will is also quite a feat. He also has psyonic abilities, such as telekenisis and a moderate level of telepathy.

But in terms of raw magical power, is very difficult to figure out what kind of magical prowess Sephiroth possess.

After absorbing the knowledge held in the Lifestream for five years, Sephiroth was able to use magic naturally, without requiring the use of materia, and was even able to develop some magic of his own.

The question is, what kind of power does Sephiroth possess now that he has the Negative Lifestream?

Well, the Lifestream can be used in different ways.

For instance, Omega Weapon used tendrils of Lifestream as conduits to absorb the Lifestream itself onto its own body, as shown in the following pics:

fmv1676-45.jpg

fmv1676-46.jpg

fmv1676-64.jpg

Sephiroth himself was using the Negative Lifestream to corrupt the normal Lifestream and he also used it to form a magical barrier around him and Cloud so that no one could interfere with the battle.

ff72-6664.jpg

But the Lifestream itself is a very destructive power.

As show is DC, a single Lifestream tendril is able to go through a Mako Reactor effortlessly...

fmv1676-42.jpg

fmv1676-44.jpg

...and the Lifestream was able to destroy Meteor when Holy wasn't able to do it so.

ff72-114.jpg

But there's something interesting in Aerith's profile in the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania:

· FFVII
She used a portion of the Lifestream to stop Meteor’s descent.

So a single portion of the Lifestream was able to stop and destroy Meteor.

But we don't know the amount of Spirit Energy in this portion of Lifestream.

We also don't know how much Lifestream Sephiroth corrupted, since the black clouds composed of Negative Lifestream spread beyond the mountain range that surrounds Midgar.

ff72-6838.jpg

ff72-6839.jpg

But if the amount of Spirit Energy that composes the Negative Lifestream is similar to the amount of Lifestream used to stop Meteor, then Sephiroth, using his power at its full capacity, would be able to destroy a small planetoid the size of Meteor.

If this power would be concentrated in a single blast and directed towards the Planet, i reckon that it would cause a crater 2 to 3 times the size of the Northen Crater.

Spreading the Negative Lifestream as a shockwave throughout the planet would probably leave several towns in ruins and such, causing a cataclysm that would be very damaging to the planet.

All in all, i think that Sephiroth now has a destructive power equivalent to Meteor, but instead of relying in an outside source like the Black Materia, Sephiroth could now rely on his own power, if he wished to do such a thing.

Last edited:

God Hand

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ooooh Yeah a new Sephiroth Fanclub without added religious elements . . . because that just scared me. (Anyone see the uncyclopedia articles about some crazy chick called Sephiroth's slave. Twas HEE-larious).

Anyway if this is the place for decent character discussions then count me in :monster:

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
It's hard to guessamate how powerfull Sephiroth is. We know he is the strongest out of everyone, and Genesis at CC was the closes to being on pare with him.

God Hand

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ok this is an issue I have with CC, we all know that Sephiroth is stronger than Genesis because of his higher concentration of J-cells, where Genesis's only come from Gillian cells.

That all makes sense, so therefore Angeal who had the 2nd highest concentration of J-cells should be stronger than Genesis, no? Out of all three I think it should go:

1. Sephiroth
2. Angeal
3. Genesis

Given that we never really see Angeal really give anyone a lashing other than boss fights, I guess this can be debated.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
God Hand said:
Ok this is an issue I have with CC, we all know that Sephiroth is stronger than Genesis because of his higher concentration of J-cells, where Genesis's only come from Gillian cells.

That all makes sense, so therefore Angeal who had the 2nd highest concentration of J-cells should be stronger than Genesis, no? Out of all three I think it should go:

1. Sephiroth
2. Angeal
3. Genesis

Given that we never really see Angeal really give anyone a lashing other than boss fights, I guess this can be debated.

It's debatable since the creators really never talked about Angeals strenght in a comparision to Sephiroth or Genesis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Regardless of his strength, Angeal possess something unique to him, wich is the fact that his copies did not degenerate. Futhermore, Angeal's ability was a two way conduit, since Angeal was able to pass his genes into mosters to make them his copies, and the copies themselves were able to grant their abilities to Angeal himself after merging with him.

If it makes him stronger than Genesis? Overall, I don't know, but Angeal does seem to be pshysical stronger than Genesis.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
Dark and Divine said:
Regardless of his strength, Angeal possess something unique to him, wich is the fact that his copies did not degenerate. Futhermore, Angeal's ability was a two way conduit, since Angeal was able to pass his genes into mosters to make them his copies, and the copies themselves were able to grant their abilities to Angeal himself after merging with him.

Angeal copies do degenerate, all G-type copies do (Genesis and Angeal are both G-type)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
But Angeal's copies seem to degenerate at a lower rythim than Genesis Copies. And didn't
Lazard started to degenerate only after Angeal's death?

Anyway, this reminded me of something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26t6cSRLsw#noexternalembed&hl=pt-br&fs=1

And since this is Sephiroth's club, here's two cutscenes from Dissidia featuring Sephiroth (contains spoilers)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmk-Vc_huIM#noexternalembed&hl=pt-br&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7UojrpwcU#noexternalembed&hl=pt-br&fs=1

...Sephiroth's EX-Mode...

Dissidia_Sephiroth_ex.png

...Safer Sephiroth...

safersephiroth-1.jpg

...Bizarro Sephiroth...

bizzarosephiroth.jpg

...Sephiroth in Crisis Core...

sephhero1.jpg

screenshot033.jpg

...two AC Sephiroth's Gifs...

sephirothava24de.gif

Sephirothkoj.gif

...the Negative Lifestream descendind upon Midgar...

ff72-6659.jpg

ff72-6660.jpg

ff72-6661.jpg

ff72-6662-1.jpg

ff72-6663.jpg

ff72-6664-1.jpg

ff72-6665.jpg

...Shinra Building's top collapsing due to Sephiroth's actions...

ff72-6751.jpg

ff72-6785.jpg

ff72-6786.jpg

...Sephiroth's profile in the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania...

Scan20032.jpg

(Credits go to Balthea for scanning this)

...and finally, the japanese version of Supernova:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVplFIou_0#noexternalembed&hl=pt-br&fs=1

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
i shall join.

Sephy, looks awesome in Dissida, specially without his Soldier cloth thingy. :monster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
They're from the ACC commercial, and i just printscreened those from a high-res version of it.

It's from the commercial's final moments, when Sephiroth and Cloud are about to clash.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Is it a new commercial or is it the same as the Safe and Sound trailer?

It was one that appeared earlier, although the scene is the same as the "Safe and Sound" trailer.

And here's one that would make a nice wallpaper...

sephiroth-2.jpg

...if it was a little bigger!

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Those are amazing. I really can't stand the thought of buying AC AGAIN but if it means more Sephiroth, then I'm sold! ^_^

Does it explain more about how he floats around on that wing?

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
Drool, every nice. I hate that they have a special PS3 since my OCD demands me to buy it. But hey there is more sephy and wings^//^

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Something interesting:

In a recent interview (posted in the front page) Nomura stated that the Masamune would emit an eerie sound when Sephiroth attacks with it.

And it can already be heard in the trailers.

Very nice and subtle addition, imo.

Does it explain more about how he floats around on that wing?

I don't think they will. It's just part of Final Fantasy's gravity "unlaws"! :monster:

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
That last Sephy face-shot just became my wallpaper. I'm really warming up to ACC and will likely pick it up when it comes to my shores. Does anyone know how much extra airtime our favorite One-Winged Angel might be getting?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
That last Sephy face-shot just became my wallpaper. I'm really warming up to ACC and will likely pick it up when it comes to my shores. Does anyone know how much extra airtime our favorite One-Winged Angel might be getting?

Sadly, no! The only thing we do know is that ACC will be about 25 minutes longer.

But I'm expecting/hoping that the final battle will be extended in about 3 to 5 minutes.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I read on several pre-order sites that the movie will be pretty much 2 hours and 6 mins long ^_^! This is REALLY promising and I already pre-ordered it for teh Great One-Winged Angel and Cloudy! Newayz, that last face screenshot gives me BAD creepies ._. Talk about EBIL! Jesus... but I LOVES it!!! Hey D&D thanks for all the Sephy pics and shots!

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Top Bottom