X
FUCKING CARL!!!!

carl.jpg

X :neo:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
At first I thought Daryl was an asshole but now he's easily my favorite character on the show. In a real live zombie outbreak he'd be the best one to bring along, except for perhaps Rick.

Naw I'll take Daryl over Rick any day. Daryl actually sees people for what they are. He knew the group was breaking apart LONG before anyone else did.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well, first off let me say I know I'm looking pretty far ahead here. I'm just speculating on the macro level. Also there are big spoilers coming up.

But I meant, long term as in everyone's ultimate survival. Yes, I know the main focus of the story (comic and show) is the day to day survival of Rick and his group, and how protecting yourself from the byproducts of the downfall of civilization and other people can be even more dangerous than the zombies.

But I meant, long term as in humanity. However far the books and the show deviate, one thing is common; EVERYONE has whatever is turning everyone into zombies. No matter how you die, you're coming back as a zombie unless you're headshotted before and after. I understand the 'race for the cure' never has been the goal narrative wise, but unless humans in the big picture discover one, none of it is really going to matter, because society is already on its absolute last legs (zombies outnumber humans 5000 to 1, so that's what, 60,000 people in America and a few million worldwide?), and long term it will not be able to withstand all dead individuals turning to zombies. Unless that stops, there is no revival, of any kind.

That isn't Rick's problem immediately, like noted above, but I think it should come to the light eventually. Eventually.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Hold your tits man, I'll respond eventually

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, first off let me say I know I'm looking pretty far ahead here. I'm just speculating on the macro level. Also there are big spoilers coming up.

But I meant, long term as in everyone's ultimate survival. Yes, I know the main focus of the story (comic and show) is the day to day survival of Rick and his group, and how protecting yourself from the byproducts of the downfall of civilization and other people can be even more dangerous than the zombies.

But I meant, long term as in humanity. However far the books and the show deviate, one thing is common; EVERYONE has whatever is turning everyone into zombies. No matter how you die, you're coming back as a zombie unless you're headshotted before and after. I understand the 'race for the cure' never has been the goal narrative wise, but unless humans in the big picture discover one, none of it is really going to matter, because society is already on its absolute last legs (zombies outnumber humans 5000 to 1, so that's what, 60,000 people in America and a few million worldwide?), and long term it will not be able to withstand all dead individuals turning to zombies. Unless that stops, there is no revival, of any kind.

That isn't Rick's problem immediately, like noted above, but I think it should come to the light eventually. Eventually.

Honestly, I think that one thing that's in humanity's favor, is the fact that the dead, even though they're reanimated, still continue to rot. And the fact of the matter is, eventually, they'll become to rotten to move.

Yes, they outnumber mankind 5000 to 1, but if even a small fraction of humanity can survive with the knowledge of always ensuring the dead amongst them have their brains destroyed, eventually they can wait it out.

The zombie threat in the Walking Dead is massive, but not insurmountable. I'm pretty sure by this point most people have figured out that unless you break a corpse's head, they're getting back up to eat you. So eventually, I do think humanity has a shot to get out of this.

It's just a matter of time.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
No I mean is, time is not on their side if everyone is infected. Humanity will not be able to survive everyone on the planet becoming a zombie with their numbers already diminished. Their only chance of hope is if the infection isn't passed down to their children.

I fail to see why humanity couldnt progress with the knowledge that when you die you become a zombie. When someome dies, put a bullet in their head. Yeah theres bound to be some times when that isnt possible, or no ones around when they die. if they know about it (which they do) they can prepare for it.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
A constant zombie menace species and planet wide doesn't sound like manageable to me. Humanity hasn't even gotten back on its feet yet and there's only a few million of us left with a nonexistent society and infrastructure and billions of people who are ALREADY zombies. The way the series has gone humanity will perish unless a cure is found.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Not really.

As noted earlier the zombies continue to rot until they are no longer capable of hunting.

If a group of survivors holds them selves up somewhere secluded like an island, manages there dead efficiently (like shooting them in the head just before they die) and waits long enough it will get to the point where they can walk into a zombie infested city and just stand around fairly carelessly.

Imagine the carl and the swamp zombie scene in season two, thats the eventual outcome on a long enough timeline except in this scenario the zombie is not capable at all of ever catching the human.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
walking-dead-michonne_510.jpg

In the comics, Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be? “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,” says Robert Kirkman (the creator of the comic and executive producer of the TV adaptation). “But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”
As for why they cast the relatively unknown Danai Gurira for the pivotal role, Kirkman says, “We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”
Kirkman is equally enthusiastic about the big location setting for season 3, as Rick and company attempt to turn a prison into their new zombie-proof fortress. “It looks absolutely amazing,” gushes Kirkman. “They are shooting the hell out of this prison. It just looks absolutely stunning, and I think when people start seeing trailers and stuff for this season, I think people are just gonna be like, “Wait, what? This is what? I can’t believe this is a TV show!” It’s really creepy, really moody and it’s just gonna be really awesome.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/23/walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne/

Looks too frail imo, but we'll see how she does.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Michonne was a bit buffer in the comics (dem biceps) but Danai passes pretty well for her.
Hopefully her acting skill can pull off the michonne character.

Top Bottom