Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It's basically a stomachache. As bad things go, it's not too bad at all.

Dude, lies. Gastritis was painful and awful and left me depressed for months. Also lost tons of weight from not being able to eat.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i almost have a biochemistry degree can i be an internet doctor

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
You're doing it wrong, :monster:.

That's exactly what Bamboo said! :monster:

lol writing software to test software I write

lol no better way unfortunately

But while on the subject: Memory leaks in iPhone / Objective-C code, and/or fuckups on my side. simplified example:

Code:
NSMutableSet *stuff = [NSMutableSet alloc] init];

for (Something *thing in somethingElse) {
   [stuff addObject: thing]
   [stuff release] // EXPLODE IN YUOR FAEC ON ITERATION 2
}

That looks like it would cause a seg fault rather than a memory leak (assuming release means free/delete). Do you actually get log vomit from that? I'm not familiar with ObjC, but if you dereferenced a null in C/C++ then the OS would go all Jason Bourne on your process, no warning or noise.

Also, wut :monster: Why'd you need to release anything? Except maybe somethingElse if you're done with it, after the loop.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Dude, lies. Gastritis was painful and awful and left me depressed for months. Also lost tons of weight from not being able to eat.
I didn't say it wasn't painful :P It's inflammation of (most typically) the lining of the stomach. Yeah, it's painful, but it doesn't actually cause depression. It just hurts like a bitch. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure it's not life-threatening, so as illnesses that would get you hospitalized go, it's milder by comparison.

ex: if she had had a stroke or JRA or Kawasaki's or something, you know?

I'M NOT CRAZY

related: my tongue still isn't healed bluh

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah, it's painful, but it doesn't actually cause depression.

kay I'll just pretend I didn't have it for almost two months

also

It's inflammation of (most typically) the lining of the stomach. It just hurts like a bitch.

Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are no symptoms. However, the most common symptoms include:

Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
Abdominal bloating
Abdominal pain
Vomiting
Indigestion
Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
Hiccups
Loss of appetite
Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
Black, tarry stools

But no big deal just a tummy ache

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
You have my sympathy. I have irritable bowel syndrome (I'm calling bullshits on that, it's just a nice catch-all for CBA to investigate properly), and I now have to pester a quack again after several weeks of assorted symptoms that fall out of the usual problem range.

That be my rant. Also it's half five and I can't sleep due to the above. Fucking grr.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
(I'm calling bullshits on that, it's just a nice catch-all for CBA to investigate properly), and I now have to pester a quack again after several weeks of assorted symptoms that fall out of the usual problem range.

Ugh, I feel for you there too. I had to go to different doctors a lot of them time because they said it was no big deal even though I was up crying and losing sleep from that kind of pain. Maybe I'm less tolerant of pain but... I understand Doctors just going
"UM HERP TAKE THESE PILLS THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE APPROPRIATE ONES BUT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND FIND OUT !!!"
Ugh.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Good and bad sides to the NHS there: healthcare doesn't involve massive sums of money like that ^, but they're more likely to try and fob you off with medication rather than running tests, even ones that might pinpoint a problem.
My mama reckons Crohn's Disease is hereditary and that that's what the problem is in my case (she has it too, and it's a bitch to diagnose).

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
My brother's ex-wife is currently staying at my mom's house. Ugh I just want her out of our lives. And she keeps coming by over and over. She FINALLY moved to Nevada like a year ago, but oh whoops, she's fucking back! And staying with my mom until she gets an apartment...

Does she like have no friends at all or what? Who the hell stays at their ex-husband's mother's house? Come on...

sorry you're having a hard time Serah... this is why I hate going to doctors. They NEVER find what the problem is on like the first two visits and it's just a waste of time.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah, I actually called my clinic because I was having chest pains and they freaked me out saying "You need to go to the ER immediately" which costs a shit ton of money compared to seeing a normal doctor. I actually asked if I could see a doctor and they said "We don't handle that kind of problem here". I think the nurse may have been a dumbass.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Okay.

ed: o shit there was an entire other page of posts wtf o_o

second edit: I'm reminded how much it irks me to be treated like I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Ongoing battle at work: me vs. literally everyone else who's been asked about an issue. The one guy who agreed with me also said something like 'but it doesn't matter as either way of handling this issue is fine', so I just look like I'm stirring up trouble and/or don't know what the fuck I'm on about.

Fact: this was how you goddamn trained us and it is CLEARLY STATED IN THE PROGRAM YOU HAVE US USE MOTHERFUCKER. Don't sit there and tell me I'm wrong when YOU OBVIOUSLY WANTED US TO DO THIS SINCE YOU TRAINED US TO DO IT AND THEN SIT THERE WITH AN ANNOYING REMINDER THAT POPS UP EVERY TIME THE SHIT COMES IN.

All this because the supervisors at my work haven't actually done the job the supervise us in doing in ages. I've seriously heard them ask questions of us that people who have just gotten out of new hire training could answer, and they're totally serious about it arrrrrgh

tldr: hate my job, and also people treating me like an idiot

third edit: also personal issues, but no one gives a fuck about those rly

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Windows restarted my computer for an update without asking me. I know I had disabled that stupid feature, but Windows decided to disregard my input. Now foobar has an old version of my music library and Chrome won't start up properly.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Windows restarted my computer for an update without asking me. I know I had disabled that stupid feature, but Windows decided to disregard my input. Now foobar has an old version of my music library and Chrome won't start up properly.

Oh god this just happened to me too

and also not only did it forcibly restart my computer

in doing so, the whole thing froze, destroyed all of my creative writing progress and did a literal BSOD

FUCK EVERYTHING

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
supernatural fandom deciding that two actors must be gay and shaming one of them for having a kid but then telling a queer, trans person that they are oppressing gay people by not believing those actors are gay. wow way to fail spn fandom

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I love it when professors decide to give big tests on the same week. Got one on Tuesday that took me at least, an hour to finish. Tomorrow I'm having my second exam of economics....which must be done in 50 minutes or less. And next week I have another one, and got tons of group works, investigation reports...
FUCK OFF LET ME REST DAMN IT.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
My sister has messaged me twice during two separate ambushes in Uncharted.

Bitch I am trying to not die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom