Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Dang! I am curious about this Dr. Pepper commercial. Sadly, I am at work and the computers here block Facebook and Youtube.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Well, they should...

tumblr_ls6xso5B0T1qjgi21o1_500.jpg

Xinda

Memento Mori
Betrayal.

And.

Our Landlord deciding not to give us a 6/mo lease and instead not making a lease at all. Up in the air of our current "fate" and whatever. At least the law requires a 30 day notice before we're kicked out.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
My essay.
I've been out of the academic groove for so long that this is really getting on my nerves. I've only written the intro and my brain feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
My Fiance's family, they are all starting to really piss me off.
Not only have they managed to gloss over every single thing she ever did for them (which is a long ass list) but were now playing fucking hotel for her dad because they moved up to Skye and his bloody work means he is down in the central belt mon-fri doing jobs, if that wasn't bad enough I can't do anything in my own house now because he is there meaning I can't play arkham when I want to, can't drink a fucking bottle of jack after a shit day at work and I have to continually be on alert because he brought his fucking dog down with him which could potentially kill my puppy if it wanted to due to the fact its about 300 times bigger than him.
If that wasn't enough, my fiancé will finally graduate from university tomorrow with distinction as a pediatric nurse and the only thing she has got from them is a "oh that's nice" not so much as a fucking card saying congratulations and they have the cheek to turn around and complain to me about how much of an inconvenience it is arranging for travel to come down for her graduation ceremony.
If it were up to me they wouldn't be invited and I'd kick every single one of them out of the house for treating her like shit her entire life.

FML!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Why would I think twice?

Unless she's not very good at making sandwiches, I mean.
she poisoned them all is y

unless youre the sort of guy who enjoys gastrointestinal distress.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Left my keys uesterday Had to wait from 11:30 to 3:00 in my gramps house, almost asleep in his couch before they opened it up.
Today I left my pills and I need to study soon. FUCK

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
she poisoned them all is y

unless youre the sort of guy who enjoys gastrointestinal distress.
I am part krogan so I'm not very worried >:]

Scott, that fucking sucks, start to finish. It's too bad you can't just give them the boot. Especially with the dog thing =/

ot: I set Sean Bean up to farm for Wingman matches, forgetting that I have my xbox set up to turn itself off after six hours of inactivity. I slept for about seven hours, so it clearly turned itself off sometime. And somehow this only got about 25 matches of Wingman done...wtf =/

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Wrote six pages, in size 10 font, of chapter two for the last war fic. Saved it on shoddy computer's desktop. Computer froze unexpectedly on tumblr. Logged off and back on only to find that document was no longer on desktop...

;O; SO MUCH HARD WORK IS GONE.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
If that wasn't enough, my fiancé will finally graduate from university tomorrow with distinction as a pediatric nurse and the only thing she has got from them is a "oh that's nice" not so much as a fucking card saying congratulations and they have the cheek to turn around and complain to me about how much of an inconvenience it is arranging for travel to come down for her graduation ceremony.
This in particular is massively shit. My stepmother is in the middle of doing a nursing course at university so I'm well aware of exactly how much work is required to succeed in them, let alone with distinction.

My sympathies man :/

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fleh.

In more detail, I don't like my long commute, as it makes me think about my personal failings (socially). Now I wouldn't mind thinking, but I can't remember the last time I thought something constructive when there's nothing to do.

Fun fact: I rant-think in forum poasts :monster:. But I veto'd against going to rant on here due to its unconstructiveness. Yeah, awesome that I don't need a psychiatrist to figure myself out, but that's not exactly helping.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
My mom came into my room yesterday and told me I wasn't helping her enough, that, yeah, I do whatever it is she asks me to do, but I should figure out what needs to be done before her and do it without her having to ask me because she really struggles with asking for help. I got kind of pissy about that because I have done everything she's asked me to do and it's not my fault that she had problems asking for help, but didn't say anything. She got upset with me then because she said my attitude was making the conversation about me.

Our fighting escalated until I threw up (well, dry heaved anyway) while she ignored me in her room. Now she won't talk to me today and is acting like I have the plague. I honestly don't give a single fuck. She's so fucking immature and I'm tired of putting up with it.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
It has been months since I found anything funny/entertaining/exciting/fulfilling. Nothing gives me joy anymore; I could force myself into enjoying anything, but I cba. I don't know, I just don't give a shit about anything anymore, and that's worrying me ;_;

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^ I second that.

Also, I have lost the counterpart of my provisional licence and I need it because I am meant to be starting lessons soon and I don't even want to learn to drive. I don't want to do a fucking thing ever, its totally pointless. I am in such a rage and I really want to destroy something and everyone else is making it more difficult by sticking their opinions in when its not wanted. I fucking hate this.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I decided to take a break off my math studies to do a work that I need to send to my group-mates. Downloaded Microsoft Office, but now its unresponsive and downloading shizz everywhere. FUCKING F-U MANNNNNNNNNNN. HURRY UPPPPPPPP!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
No one's smiling here these days. I don't like that, it makes me really mad 8( Let's spread cheers and heal this place with the power of laughter.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It just struck me today that I am now older than Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, and Brian Jones all were at the time of their deaths.

Well, shit. Way to make me feel like I've accomplished nothing important with my life, age.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't know about you but I'd rather live a long mediocre life than burn myself out after just a few decades of stardom and a drugged-out exit tyvm

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I don't know about you but I'd rather live a long mediocre life than burn myself out after just a few decades of stardom and a drugged-out exit tyvm

It's not so much the fact that I envy their existences (although most of them got laid a lot more than I did) as the fact that they'd accomplished a lot more with their lives. I mean, I haven't exactly revolutionised the way everyone in the future will play the guitar or popularised a genre of music that used to be completely underground or anything similar.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
Having espresso at work was a really bad idea. I can't even think about sleep right now.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
my mom

I was talking with my brother about this thing called Barcraft (Starcraft 2 at a bar weeeee) that I went to and jokingly mentioned that I had 5 long islands over the course of the night (which is CRAAAZZZY for me because I can literally count the number of alcoholic beverages I've consumed in my life on 2 hands and my brother is always bugging me to drink more).

Anyways my mom overhears this and the moment we get home she looks at me and says "FIVE long islands?" in this really disapproving tone of voice. And I was like uhh yes? And she says "sounds a lot like binge drinking to me, you don't know what you're doing."

I mean fuck, you would think making it through 7 years of high school and college parties without getting drunk ONCE despite the glories of peer pressure would earn you some fucking trust. Especially since she knows I a) made sure I had a ride to/from the bar plus bus fare just in case, b) had a full meal when I first got there, and c) am simply a responsible fucking person. My brother drinks all the time, not to mentions does all sorts of party drugs, and yet when he mentions all the shit he gets up to my mom just says WELL IT'S YOUR LIFE SWEETHEART SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME.

And this is all coming from a woman is who is not unknown to drink a whole bottle of wine by herself in one sitting.

It's like really mother do you think I'm just gonna line up jello shots and start drinking myself blind, I mean is it really too much to ask to have some fucking faith in me?

argh just upset

and i apologize if that all sounded really dramallama just needed to vent

oh and my car's windshield washer fluid hose popped apart sooo i hope i don't have dirty windshields any time soon

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I know I've complained about this before, but it's gotten much worse lately: It would be nice if the people categorising books for our company had any idea what they are doing. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that probably close to half the time when there's a new non-fiction title lately, it's miscategorised (and even in the case of graphic novels, sci-fi, etc., which have multiple categories that often appear to be confused). This means that lately on average I am submitting close to ten books a day to title corrections. this on its own wouldn't even be all that bad, but:
  • it takes over a week for them to respond to it lately, so no matter how I handle things there's a week with books being in no-man's land
    (I can:
    1. put them where they actually belong, but people using the search function will not know to look there;
    2. put them where the system says to place it, but I probably won't get notified of the change until weeks after it happens and this will result in the same problem as under 1; or
    3. leave them on the cart, in which case the only way anyone will find them is if they ask someone at customer service who thinks to check if it's on the shelving cart;
    usually I go with 1, unless the categorisation is uncertain, but this solution does not please me particularly greatly)
    , and
  • due to store remodelling, most of the computers where I can normally submit title corrections are offline, meaning I have to walk to:
    1. the registers,
    2. customer service,
    3. receiving, or
    4. a manager's office
    to submit them. None of these is convenient and the former two lead to the risk of being stopped by customers.
    The former, although it hasn't happened yet, would lead to a particularly awkward encounter, since I wouldn't have a register to ring on if someone asked me to ring for them and I haven't even rung up a sale of any sort since long before they updated the software. I'm reasonably certain that there is a long list of procedures I no longer have enough knowledge to do. Hell, when someone asked me to order a book the other day, I couldn't remember how to do that either.

If it were any of these factors alone it wouldn't be so bad, but it is getting increasingly difficult to restrain myself from putting "...you incompetent idiots" at the end of my reports for title corrections. That's bad. I don't think it's just the ludicrous number of miscategorised titles bugging me; I'm pretty sure the vastly increased inconvenience every time I encounter one is contributing too. Still, there is a much larger number of miscategorised titles lately than I am used to. It would be nice if our buyers would pick some time when we weren't remodelling the store to slack off.

Also, in a more minor source of annoyance, customer service has moved to the front of the store. This is nice, except:
  1. now no one knows where it is;
  2. when customers leave shit lying around the store I have to walk it much further than I used to;
  3. it makes it much more difficult to hand a customer off to another bookseller if I am unable to answer a question.
I guess it does mean that the booksellers at customer service have a greater chance of stopping customers before they start bothering people in the back of the store, though, because there have been a lot less customer interruptions in the past couple of days (crossing my fingers that this post doesn't end up jinxing it). Still it would be nice if there were a sign for the new location though (there was a sign for the old one).

Ugh. I'll be glad when the remodelling is done.

Aaaaaaaaaand it's 12:11 am and I should be sleeping. G'nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom