Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
@ava - you have my deepest sympathies, i am so sorry. you're very strong though, it takes a lot of guts to pursue a medical career after suffering through something like that. you're gonna be a great nurse.

@tiff - i'm so sorry. : (

on topic:
>decide to actually get things done today, like cleaning and writing
>start reading a book you began a while ago
>decide to make food
>end up sharing mac and cheese with cat and crying

fuck

ForceStealer

Double Growth
PS3 died. This part doesn't TOTALLY enrage me as its coming up on 6 years old now and I was a little surprised I had avoided it this long considering how people say the originals were prone to this.

However, what DOES piss me off is that my hard drive is perfectly fine but it sounds like I won't be able to get my data off of it. Apparently each HDD is married to it's specific console and if I stick it in another one it will make me reformat - clearing the drive. Well that's freaking stupid.

Yes, I know, especially since this didn't totally surprise me I should have backed up more recently. However, if my HDD had died, then yes, I would have no one to blame but myself. But my data is sitting on that drive completely unharmed and you're telling me I can't access it? That's bullshit.

My only hope is if, after it cools I can get the thing to boot long enough for a backup or a data transfer...

Sylvie

フォースイー&#
AKA
Sylvie
There may very well be a piratical way to achieve the data's sustainability.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
PS3 died. This part doesn't TOTALLY enrage me as its coming up on 6 years old now and I was a little surprised I had avoided it this long considering how people say the originals were prone to this.

However, what DOES piss me off is that my hard drive is perfectly fine but it sounds like I won't be able to get my data off of it. Apparently each HDD is married to it's specific console and if I stick it in another one it will make me reformat - clearing the drive. Well that's freaking stupid.

Yes, I know, especially since this didn't totally surprise me I should have backed up more recently. However, if my HDD had died, then yes, I would have no one to blame but myself. But my data is sitting on that drive completely unharmed and you're telling me I can't access it? That's bullshit.

My only hope is if, after it cools I can get the thing to boot long enough for a backup or a data transfer...

You got the YLOD?

You can try this,

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...yellow-light-death-ylod-fix-repair-guide.html

There's no guarantee it'll work, and if it does you won't fix the PS3 permanently. My cousin had someone does this for him once, it worked and his PS3 lasted another month before it stopped working again. But, at least you'll be able to make a back up of your data.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
i don't know where these bruises came from
how did i get drunk on £15
i have turned into a lightweight
how many drunken phonecalls did i make

oh god what is this headache

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i want to hug all the sad out of my friends so they feel happy again why cant i do this

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Stabbing chest pains.

immediately got the fuck out of my chair and checked pulse, first thing in order was to make sure it wasn't some adverse cardiovascular event (seriously, at my age? that would be the most fucked up thing ever).

Thankfully it seems to be just pains in my thoracic cage, not my heart - but that's a muscle issue, if not some tendon/bone thing and now it hurts to move any part of my torso.

I mean shit how hard can that be, right
You'd just have to keep your rib cage as still as possible while breathing, and maybe brace yourself when you start to get up from a seated position WHOOOPS FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

You got the YLOD?

You can try this,

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...yellow-light-death-ylod-fix-repair-guide.html

There's no guarantee it'll work, and if it does you won't fix the PS3 permanently. My cousin had someone does this for him once, it worked and his PS3 lasted another month before it stopped working again. But, at least you'll be able to make a back up of your data.

I can say that yes, this does work. It used to be my job (I didn't watch the entire thing but reflowing the chips is what needs to be done to make the YLOD stop). However, if you have an original system, you can pay Sony some money to get them to give you a refurb and I'm pretty sure they move your data over. The refurb will be a backwards compatible one if that's what you send them. Fixing YLOD is extremely difficult, way harder than RROD, especially on those old systems.

If you do know anyone who has access to a reflow machine (doubtful, but still) that'll actually fix your system perm as long as you also adjust the fans (because the shit fan is why they YLOD in the first place, same with RROD). There are replacement fans you can get, but in my experience getting someone to set a dial so you can put the fans higher or lower whenever you want helps the most.

To be honest I'm surprised your laser lasted that long. Most of those older systems need a laser replacement long before they can YLOD. :monster:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
@Ava

I totally understand your feelings. I hate that stupid disease so much. Its like watching from afar while knowing you can't do anything to help their condition. I know everything you're feeling since I had this same problem two years ago. All I could say is that keep on strong. Enjoy every moment you can have with her. Since later on trust me, its the only thing that will keep you moving on. At first we feel anger, hate, and feel like wanting to dissappear. We hate watching them but that's one of the few things we can't just cure, but moving along with it. No matter what we do sadly, it won't disappear. Just enjoy her. Spend time with her. As I said I KNOW your feelings. But not the "I know" but never have suffered it. I dealt with that for two years (Or more). So I know how all these feelings come to us. So keep on going strong and enjoy your mom. It may be harsh on my account but well, its up to you how you take it. You are strong, don't give up now.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I can say that yes, this does work. It used to be my job (I didn't watch the entire thing but reflowing the chips is what needs to be done to make the YLOD stop). However, if you have an original system, you can pay Sony some money to get them to give you a refurb and I'm pretty sure they move your data over. The refurb will be a backwards compatible one if that's what you send them. Fixing YLOD is extremely difficult, way harder than RROD, especially on those old systems.

If you do know anyone who has access to a reflow machine (doubtful, but still) that'll actually fix your system perm as long as you also adjust the fans (because the shit fan is why they YLOD in the first place, same with RROD). There are replacement fans you can get, but in my experience getting someone to set a dial so you can put the fans higher or lower whenever you want helps the most.

To be honest I'm surprised your laser lasted that long. Most of those older systems need a laser replacement long before they can YLOD. :monster:

Thanks, the problem is Sony will charge almost as much as a new PS3. And I really only need the thing to work long enough to do a data transfer to a new system. I'm REALLY hoping after resting and cooling all day it can start long enough to do that. If I have to I'll try the blow dryer thing, but really I only need it to work for like 5 minutes.

And yeah, like I said, I was pretty amazed this system lasted as long as it did, my basement at home is very cold, so I've never had a problem with consoles overheating. But at college it was in a hot apartment sitting on a rug and we used it for everything, I was sure it would go then and when it survived I thought maybe i was in the clear. But since moving into my new place, I was using it constantly as I don't have cable or anything so it was my way to play anything on the TV. I guess it was finally too much for it.

I've never actually had a console die on me before. My first gen PS2 still works and I hear they were prone to breaking as well. The last time i plugged my Genesis in it worked fine, but it has been quite some time now.

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I'm trying to watch The Walking Dead but the stream is SO FREAKING SLOW today. Ugh.

I also haven't eaten anything since I woke up. I have to wait four more hours for dinner. I can't.

Fangu

Great Old One
Finished my damn presentation. Now I just have to get up tomorrow, sit there and shake while watch all the other people hold better presentations than me, then try to flirt my way through mine without making it too obvious I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I just gotta have a total lolz attitude towards it, I guess. Just hope I don't get sad.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
i thought i was tired but i can't sleep

i feel so sad i can't function

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I have my driving theory test in 2 hours time. I had a shitty nights sleep and I've been doing practice hazard tests and I keep zoning out. I am passing, but I don't trust myself not to fuck up the real thing. I'd drink coffee to pep myself up, but it gives me the shits.

ALSO DOES NOT WANT!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I swear to god if the calendar consisted of 26 hour days my body clock would be perfect

everything would be peachy for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom