Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost X

- Just noticed that someone has marked initials on the collar of my shirt (as opposed to say the tag, where it is less visible), which I'm guessing means that other clothes of mine have been visibly marked also. I guess this is what I get for living with a person suffering many signs of dementia.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
  • man I'm probably going to start getting sick of even good stuff like Fleet Foxes if they don't allow us to change out discs more often
  • I was looking forward to a nice, quiet night in music. But it wasn't quiet and I didn't even get to spend the whole night in music because there was leftover shelving to do. I also didn't get finished with the project I was working on in music, mostly due to the fact that I was interrupted every ten minutes, but whatever.
  • Children's toys. There was some customer that was using one of the ones that made sound incessantly for literally thirty minutes. I wanted to smack them so hard.
  • I'm pretty sure Pepsi upsets my stomach now. And it's the only soft drink they still sell in the café that has any caffeine. The soda machine (which does have Mountain Dew) is an unreliable piece of shit that has shortchanged me of probably at least $5 over the years I've been working there so I'm not sure how I'll be getting my caffeine fixes in the future :(
  • People were shooting off fireworks that were so loud I could hear them in the store. It's not even the Fourth of July yet; can't people wait until it's a more appropriate time?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Went out to see Fireworks today and afterwards of course getting out of the parking lot was hell. There were tons of people... EVERYWHERE. So we're trying to pull out and no one was letting us in, finally there was a space between the car ahead and the car behind and this guy gets out of his car to stand in front of the space so that his wife can drive up without anyone getting in. So then this other guy gets out of his car to confront the dude and they just start shoving each other and yelling at each other it was ridiculous. On the bright side, their fighting gave us a chance to finally pull ahead and gtfo of there.

I'm pretty sure Pepsi upsets my stomach now. And it's the only soft drink they still sell in the café that has any caffeine. The soda machine (which does have Mountain Dew) is an unreliable piece of shit that has shortchanged me of probably at least $5 over the years I've been working there so I'm not sure how I'll be getting my caffeine fixes in the future :(

You weirdos with your caffeine in Mountain Dew.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
oh, also, somebody wanted a Gil Scott-Heron DVD and we couldn't even order it. Which pissed me off because Gil Scott-Heron is awesome. Was. R.I.P.

Losing repeatedly in the Challenge Tower in Mortal Kombat. So difficult to switch from defending to performing a combo...
I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING FOR REAL GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH *smashes objects*

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Goddamn motor is fucked up.

Jesus give me a fucking break. All that work for nothing.

nothing.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
There’s a thunderstorm and it’s scaring the hell out of my dog. It seems like pretty much any loud noises scare the hell out of him.

Also the TLS server is being atrociously shit and it’s annoying the hell out of me.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah what's the deal with TLS lately? I'll be going around just fine, and then I'll click on a thread or the New Posts thing and...nothing.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I have a stomach ache from stuffing my face all day, and I have to wake up in 5 hours for my class.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
cat why the fuck are you so noisy in the mornings

you meow until i feed you and then meow until i get back up out of bed

i have no idea why the fuck my boyfriend taught you it was cute to meow

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
In my sleep deprived state, I thought it was Monday when I shut off my alarm. Just woke up.

Having to make phone calls. I'm normally really good at being a big girl and doing this grown up thing which is contacting other people, except when it's a follow up to someone not calling me back. Because I don't want to seem like the pushy customer, but at the same time I think maybe they got busy or maybe they can give me an update. Blah, I really hope someday I can get this under control.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
IT'S THAT HORRID KIND OF HUMID RAIN
plus it's going to cost me £200 to cancel my internet because virgin are dix

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Having to make phone calls. I'm normally really good at being a big girl and doing this grown up thing which is contacting other people, except when it's a follow up to someone not calling me back. Because I don't want to seem like the pushy customer, but at the same time I think maybe they got busy or maybe they can give me an update. Blah, I really hope someday I can get this under control.

This so much. Its the same with emails. Do you have a 'telephone voice' for official calls? I do. I sound like a right idiot. I just try and be as affable as possible, even when I'm ringing up a courier company that's been jerking me around.

I've just had to ring the registry office about music for our wedding....why am I so stressed out?! Isn't this meant to be a pleasant thing? They were very nice and everything, but I'm not going to be able to relax until its all over with. Provided we don't end up going down the aisle to the strains of 'Crazy Frog' or something by mistake.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
people should phone me up at my hotel, everyone always laughs at me
'hello, this is rebecca at the lounge bar. how can i help you?'
'HELLO REBECCA AT THE LOUNGE BAR'
terrible realisation that all the staff take the piss out of your phone voice

I have telephone voice. In fact, at work, I've had people thank my boss for the nice call they received when I do the preorder calls and such. He says it's never happened before and it still freaks him out to this day. :P

why am I so stressed out?! Isn't this meant to be a pleasant thing?

Same with my moving out. I mean, not as pleasant as a wedding but still suppose to be happy and excited and instead I'm stressed because people aren't calling me back and it's making my anxiety so flared up that I'm not doing other things I need to do so I don't have too many things to worry about at once. *sigh*

Going to be a big girl, just try to make the calls... and try not to purposely distract myself.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Eh-heh-heh-heh-heh... ^^' I also suck at making phone calls, which is a bit of a stumbling block at work, where I'm counted as part of the telesales department. Although, I have heard a lot of customers have had nice things to say when they've spoken to me on the phone (and yes, I have a phone voice. We're told to smile while we're on the phone, so we sound more "upbeat". I feel I look like Gin Ichimaru, or Hazama, or some other creepy smiling bugger...).

OT: my mum has this annoying habit of complaining about her boyfriend to me (because, he won't listen to her when she tries to explain/talk things through with him), and then defending him when I agree with her. >____> Make up your damn mind, woman.

Also, a basic sense of melancholy, tinged with depersonalisation.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
People are still shooting off fireworks (yes, in the middle of the day) and I can't get my dog to go out. Ugh.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
16 hour work days:

* Got up at seven.
* Got into the car at seven thirty. Counting starts now.
* Got to work at eight thirty, yay daily gridlock.
* Worked till 4, half an hour lunch in between. Then starts bi-weekly 'knowledge exchange', where everyone from the company goes together and - theoretically - shares knowledge, does interesting presentations and workshops, etc.
* Knowledge exchange part 1 from 4 to 6.
* Dinner till 7.
* Knowledge exchange part 2 from 7 to 9.
* Go by the other building to pick up my keyboard to work at home the day after. Get stopped, the boss wants a meeting about a new project we planned today.
* Meeting lasts till 10:30.
* Got home at 11:20~ish.

Yay. Guess who's going to come in late tomorrow, :monster:.

(Disclaimer: The bi-weekly thing is mandatory and, after 5, unpaid (it and overtime (if needed) are considered to be both paid for by one's gratuitous pay and own motivation to work for the glorious company. Being an apprentice, i.e. learn a lot for a year, I don't get the gratuitous pay part, :monster:. But I should if they decide to keep me next year. At the moment though, I'm doubting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom