TLS party for Dungeons and Dragons!

AvecAloes

Donator
Dwarves vs Lalafels. The former have to end every sentence with "Rally-Ho." The latter have to demonstrate that they have no souls.

3207e213f312eaf58e9febac7b397935.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Having two campaigns going for two opposite parties in the same world with Joe and Darth coordinating.... sounds like a fun challenge to me :awesome:

Also I didn't count myself in that list like a derp, I have now and also confirmed Channy to be playing to sooooo

That's two parties of 6 (if those who said yes for sure manage to make it), counting the DM's as well. Meaning Joe and Darth will be leading/monitoring 5 people both. :monster: If Jecht and Lic are able to make it, that'd be 7 people in each group. Is that still doable? Would we have to make a third group if that was the case?
(I think it's gonna be difficult getting everyone to agree on one date BUT JUST IN CASE) :monster:

Also I'm trying to decide how the parties should be decided. If it's a roughly good and evil outline for both groups, then I'll give Joe and Darth the reigns to decide between each other which group they want to DM, and then hopefully everyone here will have a good idea of which group they want to create a character for and play for. Maybe a first come first serve (or in this case first post) basis of picking your team.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think it's a good idea to roll with two groups because it's unlikely all 12 people are gonna be able to agree on dates and times etc. Plus an extra person doesn't hurt if so, we can compensate for it.

As far as splitting the good/evil up, I don't see why players can't choose unless the balance ends up bad. You wouldn't need to be playing an evil/good character to play in that respective group. I.e. Morally good characters doing bad stuff due to loyalty or desperation. Evil or villainous types doing good stuff due to a case of self-interest or ulterior motive.

If people like this idea I could plan a small story with Darth wherein both sets of players work against each other, undermining each others plans and discovering the intentions of the other group. Not gonna lie it sounds like an exciting challenge. ^_^

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I really like Flint's idea. Certainly seems more reasonable than a 10 person party. Would require some co-ordination but the hard work would be on me and Darth if he's up for the challenge :monster:

Oh hell yes, that would be great! It would also definitely be easier with two smaller parties, even counting the co-ordination efforts.

That's two parties of 6 (if those who said yes for sure manage to make it), counting the DM's as well. Meaning Joe and Darth will be leading/monitoring 5 people both. :monster: If Jecht and Lic are able to make it, that'd be 7 people in each group. Is that still doable? Would we have to make a third group if that was the case?
(I think it's gonna be difficult getting everyone to agree on one date BUT JUST IN CASE) :monster:

Also I'm trying to decide how the parties should be decided. If it's a roughly good and evil outline for both groups, then I'll give Joe and Darth the reigns to decide between each other which group they want to DM, and then hopefully everyone here will have a good idea of which group they want to create a character for and play for. Maybe a first come first serve (or in this case first post) basis of picking your team.

I think it's a good idea to roll with two groups because it's unlikely all 12 people are gonna be able to agree on dates and times etc. Plus an extra person doesn't hurt if so, we can compensate for it.

As far as splitting the good/evil up, I don't see why players can't choose unless the balance ends up bad. You wouldn't need to be playing an evil/good character to play in that respective group. I.e. Morally good characters doing bad stuff due to loyalty or desperation. Evil or villainous types doing good stuff due to a case of self-interest or ulterior motive.

If people like this idea I could plan a small story with Darth wherein both sets of players work against each other, undermining each others plans and discovering the intentions of the other group. Not gonna lie it sounds like an exciting challenge. ^_^

Not quoting all relevant posts because lazy, so - I've been a little pre-occupied with recovery stuff and hopped up on painkillers so I hadn't given it very much thought since posting last, but god this all sounds amazingly fun and like something I would love to do. Working two parties to similar yet opposed goals sounds brilliant - especially if Joe and I do our job well and perhaps even manage to adapt the story dependent on who succeeds where (if evil manages to accomplish a certain goal that perhaps causes good to have to take a new path later or whatever).

I'm in the same camp regarding excitement levels :D

Many players (i.e 6) isn't too bad either, as long as everyone is polite in chat :P

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've started watching this video series. Since I'm not a 5E expert I can't say for sure if it's a good one or not, but it seems well-made and easy to follow.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Dwarves vs Lalafels. The former have to end every sentence with "Rally-Ho." The latter have to demonstrate that they have no souls.

Can I PLEASE be a Dwarf?

Idear: Maybe split people based on timezones? I work 7-3:30 and I imagine most have similar 4-8/9-5 type jobbies, so it'd be easier to coordinate game time with those in like-minded situations.

Probably.

But things always change :monster:

Rally-Ho.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Flint mentioned the same thing about timezones, but both DM's live in roughly the same timezone, so :monster: I think some of us here have flexible/wacky schedules (me and Kimble come to mind atm XD) and I would prefer not to separate into timezones unless thats just how available times really work out. Which it could be the case, who knows.

Seems like no one else is expressing any interest so when I get home tonight I'll be pm-ing everyone to ask for multiple times available and see if I can start coordinating things and figuring out some starting dates. :)

Also if people wanted to mention the times they're available in this thread itself, go right ahead. :D

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Airling might be interested (she's been a bit busy lately so I told her about this) but she can easily just join my group and go for the same times as me :)

Update: confirmed! So she's in.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
To be clear, I was never suggesting that everyone in X timezones goes in the good party and everyone in Y timezones goes in the evil party (or vice-versa), just that the sessions should be scheduled in a way that one of them is at a convenient time for X and the other at a convenient time for Y. If someone in Y works night shifts and wants to join the "X party", that would be totally fine. But it depends on the DMs, of course. I guess if we all post what times we can play here then it'll sort itself out – probably into exactly that arrangement. :monster:

I can play evenings (European time) and Sundays. Some Saturdays could work but I'm often seeing friends or recording a podcast.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I can generally play evenings and from Friday afternoon till Sunday evening (European time).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Evenings, UK time, from 10pm onward are good for me most every day. Otherwise it depends on my days off.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Evenings pretty much all week, weekends pretty much anytime. About every two weeks we go out to A's parents for a week or so, where there is basically no internet, but it should be relatively easy to fit sessions on either side of that.

Edit: forgot to put my timezone which is GMT +2, or currently an hour later than UK time.

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Monday to Thursdays I'm free afternoons and forward. Friday would depend on what shift I get, difficult for Saturdays and I'm usually free on Sundays. Time zone is the same as the east coast until the US goes back an hour then I'm AST.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^How often will depend on people's availability and how long the campaign will be (which I'm totally unsure of). To my knowledge sessions can last 2-4 hours.
Anyone with more expertise can jump in on this question just to be sure!

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Most sessions I was in varied between 2 and 6 hours, but it really depends on the group and on how much material the DM has and where it has natural stopping points.

How often is trickier. I like every 2 weeks - makes it easier for people to have time for it (every week can be a major commitment), but it keeps everything still fresh in your mind.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Every two weeks seems like the most doable and realistic timeframe. Also gives the dms time to plan, and I'm sure we'll need to plenty of that. :monster:

For anybody who has NOT played before, may I heartily recommend watching the series of YouTube videos that Flint linked at the top of this page. They're very good. Sessions will be beginner-friendly anyhow, but there's a lot to go through so a rudimentary understanding of the basics will go a long way.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I can be realllyyyy flexible cos I work my own schedule and have shit sleeping patterns, so. Technically I run on UK time, but like, not really.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Duuuuuuuudes! Darth and I were just looking at Roll20, and it is the shiiiiiiiit! You can even have frackin mood music playing in the background and other such magnificent nonsense. I'm so psyched.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Available evenings from 0100 - 0600 EST (Thurs-Sat), 5-8 EST (Sun/Mon), 5-whenever EST (Tues/Wed).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I've been using Roll20 for years and I swear by it! Sometimes the audio/video glitches out but no more often than Skype or Google Hangouts.

My availability starting Oct. 2:

Day / Vancouver Time / EST / GMT
Sun / 10am-Midnight / 1pm-3am / 5pm-7am
Mon / 10am-Midnight / 1pm-3am / 5pm-7am
Tues / Unavail
Wed / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / Midnight-7am
Thur / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am
Fri / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am
Sat / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am

I request setting up a regular day of the week so that I can arrange my monthly schedule around it. My free time starts disappearing about two weeks in advance. By one week out, if ya haven't booked me you're probably not gonna. If I get cast in a play for the winter, my evening availability will change.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Like I told Flare by PM, I'm good pretty much evenings from 4-10pm PST, as I work from 7-3 and enjoy some semblance of sleep. Also suggested that if time availability is an issue maybe we should sort by timezones?

Top Bottom