TLS party for Dungeons and Dragons!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Update: I've been asked to trade my free Friday afternoons for Tuesday afternoons (European time).

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
First thing to note, after chatting with Darth and Joe, we've decided to use Roll20 to play the sessions on. Meaning you'll need to create an account there too, but it's super simple and will only take like a minute. :D
While we may only be doing the sessions via voice on Discord, Joe and Darth can use the site's resources to help them DM each session and the campaign as a whole. They'll also be able to give all the players character sheets from the site once we're ready to start.

I'll put a link for the site into the OP so it'll be easy for people to find.
I'll also include a link to the 5e Players Handbook in the OP; give it a read in your spare time if you want to brush up on the basics of a lot of topics!
And for another nice tutorial, Flint posted these handy videos of How to Play D&D back in this thread. Thanks Flint! I'll put a link for this into the OP as well.

Darth has suggested that we have the first session for each group to be used for everyone to create their characters in first, which I think is a good idea since there's a lot of newbies here. :)

-----------

Okay, onto the times!
I've got most the times in now so, gonna try and compile something that looks coherent. :awesome: Tenny, you're the only one who's not given me specific free times, but you can still throw them in whenever you'd like! :D

I'm going to list the available times I've been given into one timezone (mine, PST, currently PDT) for clarity. I've translated everyone's available listed times to my timezone so that we can easier find the times we match on. I've also summarized everyone's response (like, in case you forgot what you wrote) and have put the summaries into spoiler tags at the bottom of the post.
Also, some people just gave a general "I'm free on evenings", so I'm just going to assume that means between 4pm and 12am on average.

Everyone please give this a look over and let me know if I've screwed something up, if there's an idea to make this list cleaner/easier to navigate, etc. My brain's about to explode so I'll have to come back to this with a fresh head to try and figure out aligning times! :wacky:
Once that's done I'll be adding these times (and preferably some concrete dates and times for the sessions) in the OP. :)

Monday
Free all day: Flare, Crash, Ite.
Specific schedules: Joe, Darth, Airling, Flint, Minato, Carlie, Kimble, Channy, Fancy.
Joe: Free from 2pm onwards.
Darth and Airling: Free 5am-1pm.
Flint: Free 6am-2pm.
Minato: Free 5am-1pm.
Carlie: Free 10am onwards.
Kimble: Free 3pm-6pm.
Channy: Free 4pm-10pm.
Fancy: Free 1pm-8pm.

Tuesday
Free all day: Flare.
Specific schedules: Joe, Darth, Airling, Flint, Minato, Crash, Carlie, Kimble, Channy, Fancy.
Crash: Free after 10am.
Kimble: Free 3pm onwards.
Unable to play: Ite.

Wednesday
Free all day: Flare, Crash.
Specific schedules: Joe, Darth, Airling, Flint, Minato, Carlie, Kimble, Ite, Channy, Fancy.
Kimble: Free 3pm onwards.
Ite: Free 4pm-12am.

Thursday
Specific schedules: Joe, Darth, Airling, Flint, Minato, Carlie, Kimble, Ite, Channy, Fancy.
Kimble: Free 11pm-4am.

Friday
Specific schedules: Joe, Darth, Airling, Flint, Minato, Kimble, Ite, Channy, Fancy.
Potentially unable to play: Carlie.

Saturday
Free all day: Fancy, Darth, Airling, Minato, Crash.
Specific schedules: Flare, Joe, Kimble, Ite.
Flare: Free from 6pm onwards.
Potentially unable to play: Flint, Carlie, Channy.

Sunday
Free all day: Flint, Darth, Airling, Crash, Carlie, Ite, Fancy.
Specific schedules: Joe, Kimble, Flare, Minato.
Flare: Free from 6pm onwards.
Minato: Free from 1pm onwards.
Kimble: Free 3pm-6pm.
Potentially unable to play: Channy.

Flare (PDT): Free anytime during weekdays. Weekends, free 6pm-midnight.

Flint (EEST): I can play evenings and Sundays. Some Saturdays could work but I'm often busy.

Crash (BST): Free anytime.

Minato (CEST): evenings and from Saturday afternoon till Sunday evening.

Joe (BST): Evenings, UK time, from 10pm onward. Otherwise it depends on my days off.

Darth and Airling (GMT +2): Evenings all week, weekends anytime.

Carlie (EDT): Monday to Thursdays I'm free afternoons and forward. Friday would depend on what shift I get, difficult for Saturdays and I'm usually free on Sundays.

Kimble (CDT): Available evenings from 0100 - 0600 EST (Thurs-Sat), 5-8 EST (Sun/Mon), 5-whenever EST (Tues/Wed).

Ite (PDT): (NOTE: You listed your available times in other timezones, I could kiss you for this)
Day / PST/PDT / EST / GMT
Sun / 10am-Midnight / 1pm-3am / 5pm-7am
Mon / 10am-Midnight / 1pm-3am / 5pm-7am
Tues / Unavail
Wed / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / Midnight-7am
Thur / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am
Fri / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am
Sat / 4pm-Midnight / 7pm-3am / 11pm-7am

Channy (PDT): evenings on weekdays from 4-10pm PST. Potentially unavailable for weekends.

Fancy (EDT): weekdays from 4pm to 11pm (1600 - 2300.) Weekends are usually free.

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
That looks good, Flare!
I think I'm gonna be having psych appointments every Tuesday (dunno how long for) so I won't be around like 12-5pmBST on Tuesdays, but hopefully that won't effect your hard work and scheduling too much? Sorry if it does!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^No need to be sorry, don't worry about it at all <3 I'll be able to change that easily! Let me know if you need any more of the times changed. ^_^

Edit: I've made the change for Tuesday for ya, put the estimate as you being free after 6pm UK time; does that sound fine or do you want a later time or something? o.o

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I also forgot to mention sats/suns are our family dinner dates so I'd likely be unavailable. They're not EVERY weekend and it's usually sporadic which day it is, but yeah. I'm mostly Mon-Fri available.

Sorry

tumblr_lp6tpkcorg1qmpg90o1_500.gif

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Awesome! :D
I also forgot to mention sats/suns are our family dinner dates so I'd likely be unavailable. They're not EVERY weekend and it's usually sporadic which day it is, but yeah. I'm mostly Mon-Fri available.

Sorry

Okay, so I'll just put you down as 'potentially unable to play' for the weekends then. :D

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Alright, I've gone and figured up the aligning times for everyone! :reptar:
There's some nice schedule alignments that create 3 and 4 hour sessions for most everyone, everyday!
Interestingly, Mondays and Wednesdays seem to be the only days where all 12 of us are available to play (although Monday's later session has a potential complication that creates only a 2 hour timeslot; check Monday for more details!)

Again, initial times listed are in my timezone, PST (currently PDT), for clarity, but I've used spoiler tags for each listed time to show you the translations into the other player's times for that slot!
Also, whenever someone is 'free all day', for obvious reasons I've not thrown them into either timeslot, as we can decide which one we'd prefer (or potentially which ones 'need' us more).

The available times basically come down to two timeslots, an early one (that Darth would DM) and a later one (that Joe would DM).
Darth: Either
(That's 2-10pm CEST/GMT + 2, and 3-11pm EEST)
, or
(12-3pm EDT, 6-9pm UK time, 7-10pm CEST, 8-11pm EEST,)
for Monday-Thursday. Friday has 6am-1pm, and Saturday and Sunday are anytime!

Joe:
(That's 6-10pm CDT, 7-11pm EDT, and 12-4am UK time.)
for
(check Monday's schedule for a potential complication, please)
-Saturday. Sunday has a 3 hour timeslot of
(please check Sunday's schedule for details!)

I hope this is clear and easy to understand, and that there's no mess ups with the translated times for everyone. If anyone spots a mistake let me know!
Hopefully this will let us finally decide some concrete dates for our sessions! :joy:

Flare, Ite and Crash are free all day.

For those with time constraints, Darth can DM an earlier game, his time window being 5am-1pm. Those who's times align the most are Airling, Flint and Minato, with a time window of
(That's 2-10pm CEST/GMT + 2, and 3-11pm EEST, for your convenience <3)
, but Carlie also applies, though it makes the time window smaller,
(12-3pm EDT, 6-9pm UK time, 7-10pm CEST, 8-11pm EEST)
That's three hours so I'll leave it up to Darth/you peeps if you think you can fit a session into 3 hours. ;)

Joe can run a later session from 2pm onwards. Those who align are Kimble, Channy, Carlie, and Fancy, however the time window with Kimble's slot makes it only 2 hours for a session, which might be impossible. The specific available time would be
(That's 6-8pm CDT, 7-9pm EDT, and 12-2am UK time.)
For comparison without Kimble's time's added in, that gives a 4 hour window for a session, 4-8pm.

Flare is free all day.

For those with time constraints, Darth can DM an earlier game, his time window being 5am-1pm. Those who's times align the most are Airling, Flint and Minato, with a time window of
(That's 2-10pm CEST/GMT + 2, and 3-11pm EEST.)
, but Crash and Carlie also apply, though it makes the time window smaller,
12-3pm EDT, 6-9pm UK time, 7-10pm CEST, 8-11pm EEST
That's three hours for a session.

Joe can run a later session from 2pm onwards. Those who align are Kimble, Channy, and Fancy, and it makes a 4 hour time window of

Ite is unable to play on Tuesdays.

Flare and Crash are free all day.

Joe can run a later session from 2pm onwards. Those who align are Carlie, Kimble, Ite, Channy, and Fancy, and it makes a 4 hour time window of

Joe can run a later session from 2pm onwards. Those who align are Carlie, Ite, Channy, and Fancy, and it makes a 4 hour time window of

Kimble's time window (11pm-4am) doesn't align with either DM's, so he'll probably be unable to play on Friday's unless his schedule changes.

For those with time constraints, Darth can DM an earlier game, his time window being 5am-1pm. Those who's times align are Airling, Flint and Minato, with a time window of
(That's 2pm-10pm CEST/GMT + 2, and 3pm-11pm EEST.)

Joe can DM a later game, his time window starting at 2pm. Those who's times align are Ite, Channy, and Fancy. The time window would be
(That's 7-11pm EDT, and 12-4am UK time.)

Kimble's time window (11pm-4am) doesn't align with either DM's, so, he'll probably be unable to play on Friday's unless his schedule changes.

Carlie is potentially unable to play Fridays, it would depend on her work schedule.

Fancy, Darth, Airling, Minato, and Crash are free all day. Darth could likely get a session going any time of the day.

For those with time constraints, it's possible for Kimble to jump into an early game (his timeslot translates to 7am-12pm UK time), and depending how late Joe wants to/can stay up, he could DM a later game that Ite can participate in starting at 4pm (midnight UK time). Others who could potentially do later games would be Fancy and Crash, and perhaps Minato (if you're a night owl :awesome:).

Flare, Flint, Carlie, and Channy are all potentially unable to play on saturdays.

I think I'll have to excuse myself from being able to play on weekends purely because it's looking too late for the DM's to start a session with my available time. :) Earliest I could start would be just past 5pm but that's already quite late for them (that's past 1am UK time)!

Without a doubt, Sunday has the most free people. :monster:
Flint, Darth, Airling, Crash, Carlie, Ite, and Fancy. Darth as a DM is free all day so a session with 5 others can be quite likely!

For those with time constraints, there's a 3 hour time window that we can base around Kimble's free time,
(that's 5-8pm CDT, 11pm-2am UK time, 12-3am CEST)
as Joe will be available an hour before that to DM and Minato two hours before.

Channy is also likely unable to play on Sundays (and again, so am I).

Last edited:

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Thanks for the great effort Flare! This looks good to me, I think all the conversions are in order :D. We're having guests over soon so I can't have a full look at this just now, but I just thought I should mention a few things that may make things easier.

As mentioned before the two groups will be somewhat playing off of one another. Additionally, they don't have to meet on the same day, and both groups will probably be meeting every two weeks, to allow Joe and I the time we need to do our work. Therefore, I suggest that whatever day each individual group chooses, the two groups should meet in alternate weeks. For example, I could perhaps run a session on Sundays starting the first week, and then meeting again in the third week, fifth, and so forth. Then Joe could maybe start in week two, Tuesday, meeting again on weeks four and six, etc. (Disclaimer - I have not checked if any specific combo yields coverage for all players yet.)

As to which group does what, I think good/bad will have to be voted on by players that align time-wise, as time is probably the major constraint, and players can more easily adjust their role-playing for the sake of this campaign :D. Once Joe and I know which groups wants to do what we can easily decide who goes first in our alternating schedule.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Looks like I'm in Darth's group. I'm not free from 3 PM every weekday as the list suggests but there are plenty of times in there that work.

I'll be happy to play any alignment. I'm planning to keep my character and their back-story very simple anyway.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Looks like the Joe group for Weds works ideally... it's middle of the week so weekend plans an shit don't get in the way. Depends on how Ite's calendar may look once acting picks up/if he gets a part.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Thanks for the great effort Flare! This looks good to me, I think all the conversions are in order :D. We're having guests over soon so I can't have a full look at this just now, but I just thought I should mention a few things that may make things easier.

As mentioned before the two groups will be somewhat playing off of one another. Additionally, they don't have to meet on the same day, and both groups will probably be meeting every two weeks, to allow Joe and I the time we need to do our work. Therefore, I suggest that whatever day each individual group chooses, the two groups should meet in alternate weeks. For example, I could perhaps run a session on Sundays starting the first week, and then meeting again in the third week, fifth, and so forth. Then Joe could maybe start in week two, Tuesday, meeting again on weeks four and six, etc. (Disclaimer - I have not checked if any specific combo yields coverage for all players yet.)

As to which group does what, I think good/bad will have to be voted on by players that align time-wise, as time is probably the major constraint, and players can more easily adjust their role-playing for the sake of this campaign :D. Once Joe and I know which groups wants to do what we can easily decide who goes first in our alternating schedule.

Thanks! :D :glomp:

Ah thanks for mentioning that, I think that sounds great, alternating weeks! After glancing at the schedule, we could probably make the session days on a Sunday for you and on a Wednesday for Joe....

I thiiiiink that the potentials for the groups could look like this:
Sunday, Darth DM's, and Airling, Flint, Carlie, Crash, and Minato all participate in the session.
Wednesday, Joe DM's, and Kimble, Ite, Channy, Fancy, and me all participate in the session.

But that's just one potential and we could make other days work too I believe! :D

Goes without saying that available times have set these players up into these groups already:
Darth with Airling, Flint, and Minato.
Joe with Channy, Fancy, and Kimble.
Ite will likely have to be in Joe's group. Carlie has some flexibility, and Crash and I are free most the time, though weekends are out for me.

Also after a quick glance, I think we can safely say Saturdays are out. It has 4 of us likely unable to play and those who are free all day aren't able to play together any other day and would mess up the average time arrangements, I think.

Also I like having the players vote for which group they want to be in. And I want to mention again that just because you're group is listed as the 'evil' group doesn't mean your character has to be evil, there could be a myriad number of creative reasons that a neutral or even good character could be in that group, working with the rest. And the same goes for the 'good' group. So if your group votes mostly good and you wanted to be evil, don't despair! XD

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Happy with being on the sunday session with Darth. My vote goes for our group being the evil one.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Fabulous! I got the part but I'm still free Wednesdays! My work gave me Wednesdays off too so I'm free all day every Wednesday until November at least.

I'd enjoy playing any class, but I'd rather not be the same class as another player in my group, so I'll make my character last. Joe, I'm adding you on Facebook!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I just finally noticed that that kid's got sand on his lips in that meme.

Fabulous! I got the part but I'm still free Wednesdays! My work gave me Wednesdays off too so I'm free all day every Wednesday until November at least.

I'd enjoy playing any class, but I'd rather not be the same class as another player in my group, so I'll make my character last. Joe, I'm adding you on Facebook!

Woo awesome! :D
Wow this is really exciting to see it all coming together now :awesome: <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Ok, I've also thought of backup days for sessions as well, as that might be needed!

Darth's group can likely also play on a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday, if a Sunday doesn't work.

Joe's group can likely also play on a... well actually tbh I don't really see another day that our group can play on as a backup. .__.
Monday has only a two hour time window, I can't play on weekends, Ite can't do Tuesdays.... Hmm... I hope everyone in this team can manage Wednesdays :closedmonster:

Moving on from that, Darth and Joe have been busy planning things but one of the things we players still need to do is to decide which team will be 'evil' and which team will be 'good'.

Crash and Minato, on Darth's team, have voted for evil.
I voted evil for my team as well but I don't mind which one my team gets :D

So we still have 7 of you who need to vote! Majority vote wins, in a 'first come first serve' basis, so better vote quickly! :awesome:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
My id says evil but my ego says good! :aah:

ERMMMMMM

Fuckit. Good. 'Cause I've played enough games (inFamous, Mass Erect etc) to know that I'll always pick the blue lightsaber over the red one. I make for a shitty baddie cuz I never enjoy it. :okay: It's in me blood. That said, should my side end up being Team Evil, haha,

HAHA

I'll play my part. :kermit:

Oh, question! Are the characters going to be randomly assigned to us or do we take our pick on a first come serve sort of basis or...??

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Yo so - in the interest of both time-saving and fanning/satisfying excitement, would a few of my group members like to have a short session on Sunday to take a look at character creation? A already made hers out of sheer above-mentioned excitement. I know Carlie probably can't make it just yet, and Flint is still away, but if Crash and Minato would like to, we can do that - that way the next session could dive more into the meaty stuff? I can check if Flint would like to as well. (I think that should answer your question too, Fancy :D it's all self-made with DM assistance for those with less experience)

How do you guys feel? Maybe 14:00 GMT?

Re:group alignment, that matters somewhat less in 5E, it's more about roleplay than gaming restrictions, so we can always leave it blank until the voting is done :D.

Top Bottom