SPOILERS Ways to ruin part 2 and beyond

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I gathered it was some poor attempt at a Romanian "vampire" accent, but I don't actually know.

I'm pretty sure he had the same voice actor (Robin Atkin Downes) in both games, he was just allowed to talk normally in Crisis Core. (EDIT: NOPE, some other dude in Crisis Core)

And I liked the song Longing, too. Didn't hate Redemption either, tbh, but I prefer the former.

Gazzdw

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Gaz
Worst things for me:

- The more they veer away from the OG
- Any timeline shite
- Creative decisions made that dont fit in with the lore. A theory and addition I love the idea of is how Sephiroth can have partial control of the liftstream and Cloud visions because he is encased in it at the moment (if its like the original). With Aeriths connection to the lifestream its like a mental battle back and forth. Perfect.
- Summons can only be obtained in VR.
- Chadley
- That red circle boundary that stops you from going off the beaten path.
- More whispers
- Changing Aeriths fate.

ExampleZ

Pro Adventurer
Like...Nobody gives a fuck about Genesis lol

At this point the people who are afraid or hate him think of Genesis more than Square does. Gackt is washed out, he's no longer widely popular, and Square doesn't need the publicity (or neg publicity at this point) to sell the Remake. He's between superfluous to active liability.

It's 2020, no one cares about Genesis/Gackt.

I wish I could believe that, but didn't they already confirm the existence of Genesis and Angeal when Hojo mentioned G-type SOLDIERs?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also, even if he's confirmed to exist in the world of the Remake, there's no reason for him to appear. He's in stasis under Midgar somewhere for at least 3 more years.

If they get high on Remake money and make a sequel to Dirge, then I guess we could see him.

Reactions: LNK

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Shit, that reminds me I haven’t seen Pizzachu in a while. I liked Pizzachu, I hope we didn’t scare them off with our CC hate lol.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I suppose now would be a bad time to admit Genesis is at the top of my list for "person who semi-reset the timeline"?

Mainly because Sephiroth and Aerith problematic for a bunch of reasons. Sephiroth because why wait until after AC to go back when he could just do it after he "lost" in the OG. Aerith because I can't see her wanting everyone to go through all the trauma that was the OG again when the conclusion of AC/DoC is that everyone (including the Planet) is more or less fine.

Genesis deciding that the Planet is messed up and this wasn't how things were supposed to go though? Oh yeah, I can see it. And he's even on the side of the Planet so I can see the Planet okaying it because neither the Planet or Genesis have a personal stake in how it turned out for everyone else.

Granted, I really think would mess with with the theme of the OG story... but that's kinda already happened... so they might as well go the whole nine yards. Having Genesis running around trying to fix what he sees as problems and getting into AVALANCHE's way would a crazy way to go about it.

Watching Genesis bounce off of AVALANCHE (and potentially Zack) would make for some very entertaining cutscenes though. As would watching the fandom loosing its mind about the whole thing...

At this point, I'm thinking "SE might as well make this thing a comedy of disasters" if they are sticking with as nebulous a theme as "defy a destiny that might or might not have actually been you Destiny".

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wish I could believe that, but didn't they already confirm the existence of Genesis and Angeal when Hojo mentioned G-type SOLDIERs?

How does the confirmation of G-Type SOLDIERs imply that Genesis is coming into the Remake of FFVII?

The confirmation of that and it's continuity to CC and DC means that Genesis is in stasis deep below Midgar. Following its own story/canon Genesis can't be out and about unless they seemingly decide to just contradict what they've written.

And unless they suddenly decide to re-write and fixate on a side character not even in the top 75 of most popular FF characters, they'd have to start entering into talks with Gackt to use his face again and essentially pay him buckets of money. Money they could keep for their bottom line. Money that's not even necessary to hype a game that's one of the highest selling PS4 games of its history. Not to mention Gackt's a shade of his former popularity.

You'd more likely see BTS make a cameo in FFVII-R than Gackt at this point. This isn't 2006.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
And unless they suddenly decide to re-write and fixate on a side character not even in the top 75 of most popular FF characters, they'd have to start entering into talks with Gackt to use his face again and essentially pay him buckets of money

Is Square Enix contractually obligated to use Gackt as Genesis again? If not, I'm sure they could find someone else who looks similar.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I love Crisis Core, but would have limited patience for certain aforementioned characters appearing in Remake II. I think it stems from the fact I like those characters within the context of Crisis Core's tone and mood. It's melodrama without taking itself too seriously (or maybe it takes itself so seriously that it loops around again), and one can get invested for what it's worth. And that heartbreaking ending.

My expectations from Remake and OG VII are not really compatible with that. If Genesis shows up in Part II, I'm gonna turn off the console. (and then come back a few minutes later and probably keep playing trying to pretend the last five minutes didn't happen)

I would appreciate some nods to CC, though. If Cissnei is a minor character and if Aeris mentions various memories with Zack, I would happily welcome those.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I would appreciate some nods to CC, though.

That is all I'm talking about with including Genesis in the remake. Having him as a full on side character would definitely be drifting too far from the story of FF7.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
l943foxppfo31.jpg

Yeah I know I used this already. Wanna fight about it?

Top Bottom