What are you listening to?

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I'm watching Stone Sours full set at Rock AM rising, I wanted to watch their performance at Download but there isn't a good video on Youtubzzz.

Still they're an awesome band and Corey Taylor is fucking amazing

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Obviously Aaron isn't a collector, or a real vinyl enthusiast, rather a snobbish audiophile. Really now, all this vinyl is superior crap is getting tiring.

King Diamond - Sleepless Nights

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I didn't say substandard packaging wasn't annoying at all. But if you care more about the packaging than you care about the music, then you're doing it wrong.

Arcturus - [Aspera Hiems Symfonia #02] Wintry Grey [4:34]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
It doesn't make sense to justify buying a vinyl release with crappy packaging just because it sounds better. Who the fuck wants to gaze upon an ugly low resolution vinyl cover when listening to the music when you can download the vinyl rip instead and buy the CD or something to support the band.

King Diamond - Victimized

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness

Love the Lonely Island, this song is really funny, but I love what it's all about subliminaly.

Just because we tell you to do something doesn't mean you go out and do it, which is something society these days assumes every fucker who plays games or listens to violent music does.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I listen to music a lot more than I look at packaging, especially since I only play most of the vinyl records I own a few times at most (until I get a rip I'm satisfied with, basically), and am usually too lazy to dig the packaging out when I'm not actually playing the record. I'd rather have a vinyl release that sounds good and looks shitty than a CD that looks good and sounds shitty. Besides, buying a CD with shitty mastering would be rewarding bad behaviour on the part of the record label (although I guess buying a vinyl record with shitty packaging is rewarding bad behaviour too, and a case could be made that record labels are deliberately mastering CDs poorly and vinyl well to sell more vinyl records, which is also bad behaviour).

Regardless, I mostly buy music releases to listen to them, not to look at them, so, :monster:.

My Bloody Valentine - [Loveless CD1 #10] What You Want [5:33]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
My Bloody Valentine - [mbv #04] Is This and Yes

Very nice pressing, with very little noise and high clarity. It's also cool that they packaged a copy of the CD with the LP. Wish more bands would do that; they can't cost that much to manufacture. The packaging is gorgeous.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Summoning - Flammifer

Ironically all their vinyl reissues are from the 'shitty' CD masters lol. I bet the new album is, too.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Judging from the lack of clipping on the LP version, I'd say the Summoning vinyl is almost certainly a different master. Not to mention there's 5 dB more dynamic range, which doesn't usually happen when a record is mastered from a clipped CD master.

I prefer not to play my LPs too often because it degrades their quality to play them too much, hence making vinyl rips :monster: I actually have a couple albums I bought twice because I wanted unplayed copies in my collection.

Slint - [Spiderland #03] Don, Aman [6:28]

I can see why the band said this album should be listened to on vinyl. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

This is my new addiction.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Autopsy - She's A Funeral

New album sounds more.... epic and less filthy after hearing it twice. Not sure how much I'm going to like this. Could go two ways.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Deathspell Omega - [Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice #11] Carnal Malefactor

That scare chord after the chanting still startles the shit out of me sometimes even though I've heard this song literally hundreds of times

Lex

Administrator
ACROSS 110th STREET
WOMEN TRYNA CATCH A TRICK ON THE STREET
YOU CAN FIND IT AAAAAALLLLL IN THE STREET

I love this song.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Mothers of Invention - [Absolutely Free #06] Invocation & Ritual Dance of the Young Pumpkin [7:00]

Top Bottom