What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
S.O.D. - Milk

If you are into metal or Hardcore or punk and don't worship this album, you are not into metal or hardcore or punk.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
The National Express by The Divine Comedy

The Foggy Dew by the Wolfe Tones because being from Donegal I occasionally have to stimulate the big Fenian head on me. And also because the banjo in that song is fantastic

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
椎名林檎 - [三文ゴシップ #14] 丸の内サディスティック (EXPO Ver.) [3:00]

If anyone knows of any other modern R&B that's this fucking good, please let me know. It's a genre that I've largely ignored up until now, apparently to my detriment.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Could the bulk of Shiina's songs even be considered R&B? Isn't she typically a rock artist? Oh well.

Modern R&B ... kinda. I like this, you may not but give it a try.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
No, most of her stuff is rock/pop although she incorporates influences from about a dozen different genres (the Wikipedia article for Kalk Samen Kuri no Kana lists the genre as "Alternative rock, Electronica, Folk music, Traditional music, World music, Orchestra, New Wave music" which sounds about right for describing the diversity of its sound). That one song is an oddity in her discography, but it's definitely R&B.

Anyway thanks for the recommendations; I'll check those out

Last edited:

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
I love Honnou the most. A good deal of her tracks are fun, the ones where she incorporates lots of jazz elements and her Tokyo Jihen discography are where I feel her creative influence shines strongly. She's such a quirky composer ... however much she composes for her stuff. It's such a shame that band of hers split up. And yeah I like that song, hearing her sing is always a joy with or without a guitar.

This might be worth trying if those two are boring to you, not rnb but it's a quirky and eclectic melody for a piano track. I like to picture it in a dungeon in an FF game, like a post end game one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2OclXEavQ#t=2m20s

This is surreal and a lot less orthodox, too.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Both of those tracks you posted in your previous post are pretty nice and I'll probably check out more from those artists soon. I really want to find something else with a cappella harmony vocals as beautiful as the ones on Ringo's track though.

Tokyo Jihen did some great stuff and I'm sad they split up but she's done so much amazing stuff in her solo career too that I'm not too worried about the future of her music. I'm pretty amazed how flawlessly she can perform in so many different pop idioms. Most artists who try to do music in a large number of different genres fall flat on their faces with at least some of it (not even all of the Beatles' experiments worked) but she seems to be able to do almost anything well.

That piano piece is lovely so far as well. Sounds like it could be from a JRPG like you said.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
On a big HIM kick at the moment, the opening riff from Rip out of the Wings of a Butterfly still gives me that tingly high that only comes from something badass

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Heaven in Her Arms - [黒斑の侵蝕 #07] 脱化 [5:42]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Demilich - [20th Adversary of Emptiness CD2 #03] Vanishing of Emptiness [4:32]

New material is great. Sounds like they never broke up in the first place. I wish they'd recorded more, or that I'd had money for the vinyl of this :sadpanda: Maybe I can pick it up on Discogs after I get a better job :/

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
AC/DC - That's The Way I Wanna Rock n Roll

Spinning old LP's I've never listened before but had them for ages.... lol I guess I'm not really an AC/DC fan though it's fun once in a while.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Christ, this takes me back a long time ago. Almost 13 years now, I think?

I was just reading an article on Digital Spy and I had the urge to listen to this song. Really weird to see where they all are now. One's on Coronation Street, another's on Dancing on Ice, another being the most overrated presenter and the guys, well ... nothing?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Lots of Cradle of Filth, I remember when I was younger I thought their lyrics were the pinnacle of songwriting. Listening to them again, they're kinda daft at times, bitchin' guitar riffs though and Dani Filth's voice just sounds awesome

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Mercyful Fate - Evil

First time spinning Melissa on vinyl - it's glorious. Easily one of the top 5 of best metal records ever.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
In Flames, haven't listened to them in years. Seem to be having some sort of nostalgic fit and listening to all the stuff I was big into when I was in me teens.

Also, The Man with the Harmonica by Ennio Morricone, one my favourite pieces of music from a film soundtrack

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

And the wound opens up again.

Top Bottom