The Man, V
立石孝 - [Mega Man 2 #18] Dr. Wily Stage 1

classic soundtrack

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Maniac Mansion (NES) - Dave's Theme

If you're going to ruin a classic dark game with an inappropriately upbeat soundtrack, it might as well kick as much ass as this one.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Sebkha-Chott - [Ne[XXX]t Epilog v1.1 - The Digital Liberation #06] Phial Shapes [16:23]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Inquisition - Solitary Death In Nocturnal Woodlands

Stoked to see them live tomorrow with in Solitude, best live Black Metal band ever. Unfortunately Cradle of Filth and Behemoth are the headliners, but they obviously willl be crushed by the cult. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Magma - [Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogie CD1 #02] Sëẁolahẁëhn öhn Zaïn [6:43]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Stop stealing from bands that have worked their asses off and lived in extremely poverty for their passion. I have paid over 50 euros for the CD box set, have you? or even bought anything from them? Those records aren't cheap but they aren't getting rich, either.

Tom Waits - New Coat Of Paint

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
>implying that I have money

I intend to buy Studio Zünd and the live trilogy (as well as a bunch of other CDs/DVDs/LPs I haven't had money for, like Koenjihyakkei and that Demilich compilation) when I have a decent job but I've spent like $50 on music over the past six months and I'm not even exaggerating. And around half of that was because someone gave me money.

Magma - [Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogie CD2 #09] Sëhnntëht dros ẁurdah süms [6:01]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Studio Zund is OOP for ages but the individual releases are easily for grab for around 15-17 dollars a piece.. You have money for a a computer with a harddrive big enough to store thousands of albums lossless, but no money for records? Really? I have no big job either, forklift driving and packaging orders doesn't pay much either, it's far from a well paid job,barely above minimum wage, yet I can afford to pay the rent, gas, yet have money to get out to concerts, buy records and shit? Seriously I don't get it.

Necros Christos - Grave Damnation

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm saving up for a move so I don't really have money to spend on music right now :/ After I get a better job I should be able to resume buying CDs and LPs again. I don't even make $1,000 a month right now due to poor scheduling at work :/ Beyond that my insurance went up by about 300% this year because my state government are assholes.

I might pick Studio Zünd up used but it depends how much it is I guess. Then again the artist doesn't get anything from used CD sales so maybe I'll just get new copies of the individual CDs I like most.

I really wish Magma would release new LPs of their work though. Then again that seems to be a common thing for zeuhl bands; I don't think Koenjihyakkei have any LPs either, do they? :/ At least Magma's CDs are mastered well I guess.

Magma - [Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogie CD3 #01] Hortz fur dëhn Štekëhn Ẁešt [10:17]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I know of no Koenji LP's, there are Ruins LP's out there., though. Well even though there are only a few Magma Lp's that are easily to find, the CD's are still essential for all the background info in the booklet. I think the Theusz Hamtaakh box is the most beautiful box set in my collection too, the logo is gold embroidered, there's a booklet with lots of pictures, a booklet with the lyrics (Yes really) and the digipaks look really noble. In fact, a true Magma fan should own this. And yeah, they play at Roadburn this year, which I will be attending. But in all seriousness, a true music fan knows how to spend his money. And I've recently infected by the vinyl virus. Which means I know where my priority in spending money lies.

Argus - Beyond The Martyrs

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Theusz Hamtaahk box is definitely the item in Magma's discography I most want. I really hope they do a similar live box for the Kohntarkosz trilogy at some point too, since that's probably my second favourite work in their discography after the Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy.

I might have to track some of those Ruins LPs down when I have money again. I've been suffering what TV Tropes describes as "archive panic" when it comes to Ruins but I guess it's time to be arsed.

Magma - [Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogie CD3 #06] Mekanïk Kommandöh [8:05]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I don't think those Ruins LP's are currently in print, so it might take some serious collector dedication tracking them down for a decent price.

Argus - Four Candles Burning

On Orange vinyl, only got the guitar player to sign it for me though. Great guys and great band though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ah damn. Probably I won't be able to pick them up anytime soon then :/ At least Ruins CDs are mastered reasonably. I don't know why the mastering on Ruins' CDs is so much better than the mastering on Koenjihyakkei's.

Magma - [Köhntarkösz #01] Köhntarkösz Part One [15:24]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
? You only have 35 Ruins plays on your Last FM. Anyways Ruins is obviously more minimal yet more noisy than Koenji so I get it, but all my Koenjii and Ruins CD's sound good enough to me.

Argus - Cast Out All Raging Spirits

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah like I said I've suffered archive panic for them and put off really seriously listening to them thus far. But most of their stuff comes out around DR12 or higher according to the TT Dynamic Range Meter while Koenji's stuff is DR7 or DR8 (not the worst I've ever seen, but there is still some clipping on it).

Magma - [Köhntarkösz #04] Coltrane Sündïa [4:14]

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Her Ghost in the Fog and The Foetus of a New Day Kicking - Cradle of Filth

Listened to the Master of Puppets album start to finish earlier, forgot how much I liked it

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Her Ghost in the Fog and The Foetus of a New Day Kicking - Cradle of Filth

Listened to the Master of Puppets album start to finish earlier, forgot how much I liked it

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Lol Cradle of Filth were so bad live yesterday. Even their good songs sounded like mess. No then Inquisition - who destroyed with only two man.

Skull Fist - Bad For Good

Terrible vocal effects ruin what would be otherwise a killer album. Shame. Not gonna end up in the AOTY list.

Top Bottom