What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Streamed the album a couple of times, but very dissapointing... if you pay money for this on vinyl you must be some kind of idiot.

Power Trip - Crossbreaker

speak for yourself; literally everyone else I've heard from about the album loves it, apart from one who gave it a 75% :monster:

Atheist - [Piece of Time #01] Piece of Time [4:33]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Frank Zappa - Diptheria Blues

Fuck my lastFM Zappa plays are going to skyrocket with the recent hauls with 200 motels on vinyl and Playground psychotics on 2CD. Around 90 Zappa tracks I haven't heard before.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Faith No More - [Angel Dust #01] Land of Sunshine [3:44]

flawless album opener; then again basically the whole album is flawless. HERE'S HOW TO ORDER

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Blues Pills - Black Smoke

Deserves all the hype. Those female vocals are incredible, along with some damn tasty guitar licks. The guitar player is only 17, unbelievable.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Mr. Bungle - [Disco Volante #09] The Bends [10:43]

I don't know if I will ever actually understand what's going on in this album.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Try to understand what's going on on Lumpy Gravy first. I did, and now I'm batshit insane. But I understand Disco Volante, and it's their masterpiece.

Slough Feg - Laser Enforcer

Serious badassery over here. And that while their main composer is a professor in philosophy.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I kind of understand Lumpy Gravy apart from the concept about the pigs and whatever. I don't understand Civilization Phaze III yet though. Of course I've listened to Lumpy Gravy a lot more than I've listened to Disco Volante so that probably helps.

Mr. Bungle - [California #09] Vanity Fair [2:58]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Actually I think there's nothing to understand about avant garde music except that it goes beyond our perception of 'normal' music. Civilization Phase III is imo a masterwork. Not because I understand it, but I really do love compositions such as Reagan At Bitsburg and Dio Fa. Plus I can't get enough of the absurd conversations about pigs and ponys and I don't know why but it doesn't matter. I just do.

While Heaven Wept - Sorrow Of The Angels

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, agreed, Dio Fa in particular is a masterpiece. N-Lite and Beat the Reaper are amongst my favourites too.

John Cale - [Paris 1919 #16] Paris 1919 (string mix) [4:29]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Frank Zappa - The Torture Never Stops

I never liked Zoot Allures that much thanks to the terrible mix. Well it happened I only listened to the CD. Now I have the original vinyl, and whoa it sounds totally different. I Listened to Waka/Jawaka on vinyl last night too, and what a difference from the CD version. I know the whole Vinyl vs CD thing and all, but with Zappa it's like two different releases under the same name. I'm going to hunt for all the Zappa vinyl I can get from now on.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Frank Zappa - The Torture Never Stops

I never liked Zoot Allures that much thanks to the terrible mix. Well it happened I only listened to the CD. Now I have the original vinyl, and whoa it sounds totally different. I Listened to Waka/Jawaka on vinyl last night too, and what a difference from the CD version. I know the whole Vinyl vs CD thing and all, but with Zappa it's like two different releases under the same name. I'm going to hunt for all the Zappa vinyl I can get from now on.

Good to know man. I saw ZPZ play last week and Roxy & Elsewhere live was amazing. The opened up with Torture Never Stops, played all of Roxy, then went into some of the more well-known material. No Montana though :(

Top Bottom