What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Mahavishnu Orchestra - [The Inner Mounting Flame #01] Meeting of the Spirits [6:52]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Mahavishnu Orchestra - [Birds of Fire #01] Birds of Fire [5:50]

Fuck. This band was so good.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Blood Farmers - Night Of The Sorcerers

The best track of 2014. Fact, You can feel the fog rising with this evil psychedelic bastard.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Charles Mingus - [The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady #01] Track A - Solo Dancer [6:39]

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent

EDIT: Huh...a quick google of Ted Nugent had revealed that he's a colossal bigoted asshat.

God damn it...I really liked that song...

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ted Nugent has always been a well-known asshole. I don't necessarily use that as a reason to stop listening to people's music though, just not to give them money. I'd have to stop listening to Burzum, Dissection, Mayhem, etc. if a musician being a terrible person was cause enough to abandon their work. The reason I don't listen to Ted Nugent's music is just because I don't like it :monster:

Gentle Giant - [Gentle Giant #01] Giant [6:24]

Fuck. I think Gentle Giant may well be my favourite prog band at this point.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Lol. I don't give a crap about musicians being assholes irl.

Manilla Road - The Blessed Curse

New album, first listen. The Road have only a few duds in their massive discography.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
They didn't quite deliver on a few albums tbh...

Van der Graaf Generator - Flight

Cool. Moar live VdGG is always good. Aaaand soon the 2-disc BBC sessions will be released. Good VdGG year.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
There's really only two Enslaved albums I'd put at less than an 8/10 (Blodhemn and Monumension). Those two are still probably 7/10 material for me. This album is an early highlight of 2015.

Also yeah going to need to get that live VdGG stuff :monster:

Enslaved - [In Times #03] One Thousand Years of Rain [8:13]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yep, agree on that one. Monumension is a pretty messy album. But yeah they are very consistent, but I always have to disagree when someone says everything from a band's (large) discography is fantastic. Rush fans are usually the worst. But also Manilla Road fans, and Yes probably have the most delusional fanbase ever haha.

Omen - Hell's Gate

Gonna see them live next week, apparently they're crap with their new singer but I'll see. A pity singer JD Kimball is dead, great voice. Battle Cry is one of the best Epic Metal albums ever.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Wait, there are people who say all Yes albums are good? I didn't know anyone on the planet liked Tormato or Union or Open Your Eyes. Huh.

Not listening to anything, about to head off for a nap :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
There are more people who still believe in Yes making good music again then you think :monster:

Primordial - Babel's Tower

Not to be trolling or anything, but personally I think the last 4 Primordial albums are better than anything Enslaved did after Frost....

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well, I mean, I've heard a lot of praise for Fly from Here (which I haven't listened to yet because I'm still pissed off they kicked Jon Anderson out) but I haven't heard much praise for their new one :monster:

Primordial is a great band and all but I don't think I'd put their stuff above Enslaved's :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Fly From Here is far from great but decent and the decent parts are the parts written ages ago.

You should witness Primordial live - they are so retardedly good live that when they start playing The Coffinships goosebumps are raised everywhere - Enslaved is obviously a really great band, but they can't match The Coffinships man. Or As Rome Burns.

Primordial - Come The Flood

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I need to see both bands live :monster: Unfortunately hardly anyone ever comes to Florida :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ofcourse not. You've got only 60 Primordial plays in your LastFM so you're obviously haven't been listening to them very much based on LastFM.

Horrendous - Titan

Love the melodic ways they've gone.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I need to listen to them more. They're one of those amazing bands I frequently forget even exist. Like a lot of the old-school death metal bands.

Solitude Aeturnus - [Into the Depths of Sorrow #01] Dawn of Antiquity (A Return to Despair) [1:03]

Top Bottom