What do you think about Cloud?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Well, neither did Tifa. And that whole scene is actually optional since you don't need Aerith or Tifa in your party during that time. But yeah, she goes out thinking about Zack and Tifa does too it doesn't make them bad. XD

No, I'm giving examples of how Aerith could have known. XD

I MUST HAVE ALL THE ZERITHZ

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Well, neither did Tifa. And that whole scene is actually optional since you don't need Aerith or Tifa in your party during that time. But yeah, she goes out thinking about Zack and Tifa does too it doesn't make them bad. XD
I guess I was assuming Tifa didn't know he had died.

No, I'm giving examples of how Aerith could have known. XD
COULD have :monster:

and Aerith knew Zack had disappeared right? Didn't she say something like that in FFVII?

I MUST HAVE ALL THE ZERITHZ

Nope, nope you blew it :awesome:

Actually it's only sorta Zerith, it says ... well I don't have it word for word but it says that the faces of his loved ones run though his mind (during the final battle) and then it lists off Sephiroth, the turks, Angeal, Cloud and finally Aerith. But yeah they saved Aerith for last for a reason I know. Always made me sad :(

I do wonder about the other scenes it shows though, maybe it'd change my mind...

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Aeris/ Aerith has the ability to contact the dead don't she ?? She was able to keep in contact with her mum when she died...

I don't think that Aeris wanted to make Cloud upset at the time, same with Tifa. I also think that Aeris didn't have the courage to tell the parents because it would be a hard thing to say, and maybe she didn't want to make the parents upset. Also maybe, if Aerith had a contact with Zack, maybe Zack told Aerith that he didn't want his parents to find out that he was dead, so they wouldn't be upset.

But telling parents that your son is dead, would be a very hard thing to say. Cloud had balls telling Elmyra that Aerith died later on. I think he even told Lucredia that Sephiroth was dead too. Cloud should be a doctor or a surgeon, they do that stuff all the time. xD

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000

But telling parents that your son is dead, would be a very hard thing to say. Cloud had balls telling Elmyra that Aerith died later on. I think he even told Lucredia that Sephiroth was dead too. Cloud should be a doctor or a surgeon, they do that stuff all the time. xD

I thought Reeve told Elmyra first, and that the gang all went and told her after Sephiroth had been defeated (which may have been in one of the novellas?) Also, it was Vincent who told Lucrecia that Sephiroth was dead....even though he wasn't. Cloud was going to tell her the truth. Lucrecia even said she could still sense Sephiroth too.....so I don't know why she bought what Vincent said. Naughty Vincent :lol:

Vincent just wanted to spare her the suffering of know what a monster she had brought into the world. Although from a scientific viewpoint I would think she'd have been quite pleased that the experiment was a success. So maybe he was just being spiteful. Naughty Vincent indeed.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Vincent just wanted to spare her the suffering of know what a monster she had brought into the world. Although from a scientific viewpoint I would think she'd have been quite pleased that the experiment was a success. So maybe he was just being spiteful. Naughty Vincent indeed.

Yeah, he had an agenda 'Your son is dead, but you still have some life in you old girl so what do you say to getting started on baby No 2?" :awesome:

I don't really blame Vincent for being spiteful....I mean he was rejected in favor of Hojo...filthy creepy bug-eyed weirdo Hojo. They were too kind to him in the compliation, almost made him look normal, when in reality he looks like a giant mosquito in a lab coat.

Also I bet he has that 'greasy hair smell' :x

Also, it was Vincent who told Lucrecia that Sephiroth was dead....even though he wasn't. Cloud was going to tell her the truth. Lucrecia even said she could still sense Sephiroth too.....so I don't know why she bought what Vincent said. Naughty Vincent :lol:

Lucrecia: "Vincent... Why didn't you tell me? You told me Sephiroth was dead."

Vincent: "Your son was seduced by the dark side of the Lifestream. He ceased to be Sephiroth the SOLDIER, and proclaimed himself Sephiroth; 'the chosen one'. When that happened, the good man that was your son was destroyed.
So what I told you was true...from a certain point of view."

Lucrecia: "A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW?!"

Vincent: "...Yeah, sorry about that."

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yes COULD have, based on the events in CC it seems logical and likely. I wasn't trying to say this officially happened. If I was fighting for official, I'd mention her look at the end of Crisis Core, which I think someone already did for me. xD

And yes, Aerith knew Zack was missing.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I've always thought that the "Cloud Then" should really be "Cloud When He Thought He Was SOLDIER" and the "Cloud Now" should really be "Cloud When Sephiroth Mind-Screwing Him".

Good point, Obsidian. I mean, Cloud did think he was a SOLDIER through a good 70% of the game and we don't really see the real Cloud til towards the end, when his mind is rebuilt in the Lifestream sequence with Tifa.

I agree, Obsidian.

~ Raz

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I've always thought that the "Cloud Then" should really be "Cloud When He Thought He Was SOLDIER" and the "Cloud Now" should really be "Cloud When Sephiroth Mind-Screwing Him".

Cloud Then looks like a badass 'cos he was a badass. Even after he got mindraeped.

Cloud Now looks like a limp-wristed fairy who needs more iron in his diet.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
cloud-dissidia-render.png

cloud-charges.png

This doesn't look like a limp wristed fairy to me. :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Those aren't official artz.

You just lost teh game.

And besides:

game-ff7-ultimania.jpg

**** me. Guy looks like he's about to keel over.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Umm, yeah they are. The CG render is straight from Dissidia. And the second one came from ACC itself.

.....And Cloud looks like he's just looking at something to the side. Just like all the others. What's your point?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Umm, yeah they are. The CG render is straight from Dissidia. And the second one came from ACC itself.

Yeah, a CG Render and a random screengrab. It's not official ART.
But Dissidia went with 'Myspace' Cloud, limply holding his sword instead of something closer to the render you posted.

.....And Cloud looks like he's just looking at something to the side. Just like all the others. What's your point?

He looks drugged up and anaemic. You're blind.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@Smooth Criminal: Nice ACC pic.

But Dissidia went with 'Myspace' Cloud, limply holding his sword instead of something closer to the render you posted.
Considering Dissidia most likely took place sometime before Cloud got all his memories back, I don't have an issue with Cloud being portrayed like that. I'd probably have more of a problem with it if Cloud was portrayed the way he is at the end of ACC (once he gets his act back together).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Masa, while I'm not gonna disagree with your remarks about the artwork, you're crazy on that Ultimania cover. He's looking to the side, he doesn't even look sad, he's got his angry face on.

And Dissidia Cloud (especially 012) has beefier arms than any other incarnation of him.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
How's the official CG art of Cloud from Dissidia not official artwork?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Lucrecia: "Vincent... Why didn't you tell me? You told me Sephiroth was dead."

Vincent: "Your son was seduced by the dark side of the Lifestream. He ceased to be Sephiroth the SOLDIER, and proclaimed himself Sephiroth; 'the chosen one'. When that happened, the good man that was your son was destroyed.
So what I told you was true...from a certain point of view."

Lucrecia: "A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW?!"

Vincent: "...Yeah, sorry about that."

Vincent:Yes, the certain point of view that he got killed like ten minutes later.

Cloud: Sadly, it didn't stick.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Considering Dissidia most likely took place sometime before Cloud got all his memories back, I don't have an issue with Cloud being portrayed like that. I'd probably have more of a problem with it if Cloud was portrayed the way he is at the end of ACC (once he gets his act back together).

Why? He was never portrayed like that in FFVII. He was Cloud the fake-SOLDIER, Cloud the vegetable, then Cloud the true hero. Not Cloud 'I wanna slit my wrists'.

Masa, while I'm not gonna disagree with your remarks about the artwork, you're crazy on that Ultimania cover. He's looking to the side, he doesn't even look sad, he's got his angry face on.

On what planet is that ever an 'angry face'?
His eyes are glancing downwards in typical 'somebody save me' fashion, his expression is blank, and skin is pasty, even by bishie standards.

I guess
51XHYGHMP5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
is an angry face, too. Rawr!

And Dissidia Cloud (especially 012) has beefier arms than any other incarnation of him.

What does that matter if the rest of him looks like a bitch?

How's the official CG art of Cloud from Dissidia not official artwork?

Because it's a CG Render?

How's the juxtaposition supposed to work if you post pics out of context?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I think Cloud has looked pretty moody in all the promotional materials/work post OG, and didn't Nomura himself say something about making him moody because thats the Cloud people identify with? Or did I dream that? :huh:

Actually I was looking at the cover of ACC and..... I never noticed before but this is a pretty terrible example of a 'dynamic battle'.

1) They're not even looking at each other, they both seem to have their minds on something else.

2)They look as calm as Hindu cows.....actually Cloud looks a bit perturbed like 'Did I leave the oven on?'

I can see why Sephiroth would be emotionless, because hes sure he'll win and is totally trolling Cloud. But shouldn't Cloud be expressing rage here? This is the guy who killed your mother, two of your friends, injured your girlfriend, destroyed your hometown, manipulated your mind, and nearly destroyed the entire planet!

http://i2.listal.com/image/688533/9...ent-children----complete-[blu--ray]-cover.jpg

So I don't agree with Masa that Cloud is a 'limp wristed fairy' because
tingle.jpg
is a limp wristed fairy! :lol: but I'd prefer Cloud to be angry moody -like he should be given everything he's gone through- instead of Eeyore moody.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I think Cloud has looked pretty moody in all the promotional materials/work post OG, and didn't Nomura himself say something about making him moody because thats the Cloud people identify with? Or did I dream that?

Ugh, yes.
Despite what Nomura says, however, I'm fairly sure that Cloud's post-OG character is more of a construct of the JRPG environment as a whole right NOW, rather than a true reflection of what the actual fans think of Cloud or who he was in actuality (in the game). He's standardized in order to appeal to a wider (more modern) demographic.

It's sad, but they have to appeal to the spikey haired, multiple-buckled, zipper-clad youth.
I don't buy Nomura's bullshit when it comes to shit like this.

Top Bottom